Author Topic: YG - My Krazy Life (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1145 times)

b.laden

Re: YG - My Krazy Life (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2014, 04:29:57 AM »
i like it but DJ Mustard's mixtape ketchup with YG all over it was far better

123imagee

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2014, 02:34:22 PM »
not bad, you listenable but still too new school for me.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2014, 03:38:54 AM »
Has a great vibe to it. Maybe a bit too much "Bickin Back and Bein Bool" type blood flaunting on it to truly go big time, but its dope.

He needs to lay off the constant red ragging, that shit doesn't help his cause. Nobody's doing that shit anymore cause its old news.

Blood$

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2014, 12:25:52 PM »
I feel like he was repping his shit hard to weed out the Lil Waynes and YMCMBs of the game that claim Blood

probably wants to restore the feeling like when Game hit the scene flagging

Will_B

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2014, 03:49:20 AM »
Mixed feeling this. YG is so low on style, personality, lyrics, flow that as well as not really getting a feel for him as an artist, by the end of the album I still wasn't immediately sure which rapper he was on some of the posse cuts. Dude wants to sound like wayne, nelly and suga free all at the same time.

Similar to Q he flits about with his sound. The mark of either a complete novice that needs direction to sound good, or a dude with no real personality/persona. The tribute sound to classic West stuff was nice, but he was also kinda ripping stuff off with it. Terrace Martins sounds were actually a high spot. He def works best as a co producer as I've said before

In short an interesting album in terms of diversity but quality is just as irregular. And whatever highs the album achieves, YG is always the weakest link in the chain (obviously K.Dot bodying him on his own shit was expected but that goes without saying)

5.5/10