Author Topic: Ellsbury Sidelined With Sore Right Calf  (Read 221 times)

MistaNova

Ellsbury Sidelined With Sore Right Calf
« on: March 18, 2014, 01:31:27 PM »
Ellsbum is already injured. REJOICE :banana_trippin::banana_trippin::banana_trippin::banana_trippin::banana_trippin::banana_trippin:.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: Ellsbury Sidelined With Sore Right Calf
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 12:53:34 AM »
I'm sure him being sidelined has to do with managerial decisions and not his own under doctor advisement. Yanks are probably just protecting his fragile ass. Then again, the fact that Yanks have to panic when he has a sore right calf is a bad sign for things to come.

It still boggles the mind how they invested so much money and years into the guy.

MistaNova

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 09:22:32 AM »
Well the fact that the Yankees still have Ichiro (who has no trade clause) is a pretty telling sign that the Yankees expect Ellsbum and Beltranny to get hurt at one point.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 03:59:12 PM »
Well the fact that the Yankees still have Ichiro (who has no trade clause) is a pretty telling sign that the Yankees expect Ellsbum and Beltranny to get hurt at one point.

who cares as long as they both play a good 130 games and are healthy for Jeter's final World series run?

MistaNova

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 06:10:26 PM »

who cares as long as they both play a good 130 games and are healthy for Jeter's final World series run?

There's no way Ellsbum plays 130 games. He'll be lucky if he even manages to play 100 games.
Gardner is also liable to get hurt as well. Although he usually gets hurt when it doesn't matter (2012 excluded).

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 06:47:33 PM »
are you a Yankees fan or a suicidalist?  can't tell

MistaNova

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 09:10:07 PM »
I guess you could call me a Yankees fan (Lord knows I don't root for any other major league baseball team), but my Yankees fandom pretty much died when Posada retired. Since then I've done nothing but talk shit about them and their fans. Mostly their fans and free-agent signings.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:19:36 PM by Iveus »

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 09:27:24 PM »
I guess you could call me a Yankees fan (Lord knows I don't root for any other major league baseball team), but my Yankees fandom pretty much died when Posada retired. Since then I've done nothing but talk shit about them and their fans. Mostly their fans and free-agent signings.

Was Posada's retirement bigger for you than the Mariano/Pettitte retirements? And how about Jeter's upcoming retirement this year?

MistaNova

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 09:49:58 PM »
Was Posada's retirement bigger for you than the Mariano/Pettitte retirements? And how about Jeter's upcoming retirement this year?

Yes. The way the media constantly shoved down how 2013 was Mo's last year down everybody's throats ruined Mariano's retirement for me and the way Pettitte came back after retiring (which was admittedly pretty cool) ruined the first and second retirements for me.
As for Jeter all I can say is good riddance. I hate how he's hurt the team by refusing to move from shortstop (spoilers, we'll be seeing more of it this year), I hate how the fans treat him like Jesus Christ and I'll definitely hate how the media will shove his last year down our throats this year. As a guy who thought Mo's last year was too much, I can only imagine how much worse the Jeter version will be.
Until the Yankees have a nice core of homegrown guys again (for whatever it's worth they do have one down in the REALLY low minors) my fandom won't be coming back anytime soon. And especially not while they're employing bums like Ellsbum.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:04:10 PM by Iveus »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 10:36:26 PM »
Mariano meant a lot more to the team than Posada

same with Jeter

MistaNova

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 11:26:42 AM »
Mariano meant a lot more to the team than Posada

same with Jeter

No shit Sherlock.

I don't give two fucks about who meant the most to the Yankees or their fans. What I do give a fuck is who meant the most to me personally. Rivera's great and all but he was still just a reliever. And Jeter is mad overrated. Offensively he never held a candle to A-Rod or Nomar Garciaparra and defensively he never came close to Omar Vizquel. Overall he wasn't even half the player A-Rod was.