Author Topic: Ron Artest Shits on Dwight Howard.................  (Read 3529 times)

O.G A.Geesta'z

Re: Ron Artest Shits on Dwight Howard.................
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2014, 02:53:49 PM »
i still think the Houston vs Lakers 2009 playoffs series was more entertaining then the Celtics vs Bulls that year

mainly due to Artest
The West is Back

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2014, 03:05:28 PM »
i still think the Houston vs Lakers 2009 playoffs series was more entertaining then the Celtics vs Bulls that year

mainly due to Artest

it blew my mind when it went to 7 games. there was legit fear in lakerland at that time. but ron was droppin bombs that series.

lol i think me and you had a huge fight over it a while back. i still love the celtics vs bulls series more, i got no connection with both, but ray allen vs ben gordon was just a sight to see.

damn i dont even remember a really fun series, in recent times, i think last years finals was the best one i can remember. nothing really memorable over the past 2 years in the playoffs.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2014, 03:09:52 PM »
With the Lakers sucking i havent even really cared this season, usually i follow the NBA really close but this season has been a huge let down, with the East being shit and Lakers being shit only thing thats going to be entertaining this playoff season is watching the West

i think the Spurs take it, I hope they do so i can go to the parade downtown and party, i heard its nuts here in SA when they win a championship
The West is Back

Sccit

« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2014, 03:11:05 PM »

mainly due to Artest

it blew my mind when it went to 7 games. there was legit fear in lakerland at that time. but ron was droppin bombs that series.

lol i think me and you had a huge fight over it a while back. i still love the celtics vs bulls series more, i got no connection with both, but ray allen vs ben gordon was just a sight to see.

damn i dont even remember a really fun series, in recent times, i think last years finals was the best one i can remember. nothing really memorable over the past 2 years in the playoffs.

this year will have some memorable matchups

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2014, 07:53:58 PM »
Dwight led an awful roster to the NBA Finals.

Dwight is clearly a focal point on the Rockets. I know you don't realize it because when you're in homer mode you just say whatever wreckless thing comes to mind, but you're pretty much comparing his value to the Rockets as like Robert Sacre could just be traded for Dwight straight up & nothing would change for either team. He's a focal point. He doesn't have to be the #1 scoring option to be focal for them though.

He's incredible defensively & rebounding. He's a presence down low no matter how you want to slice it. He creates things for his teammates that wouldn't be there if he wasn't down there. If that's not being focal, I don't know what is.

Your whole attitude towards this (despite we all know it's as biased as ever), is the equivalent of me saying Kobe wasn't focal to the OG Lakers threepeat. Something like, "yeah, first of all...he wasn't the number one option on offense...he was number two. And secondly...he just played his role in Phil Jackson's offense...sure his ability to create for himself came in handy but he easily could of been replaced by Vince Carter or Paul Pierce and you woulda got the same results".

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2014, 07:56:16 PM »
With the Lakers sucking i havent even really cared this season, usually i follow the NBA really close but this season has been a huge let down, with the East being shit and Lakers being shit only thing thats going to be entertaining this playoff season is watching the West

i think the Spurs take it, I hope they do so i can go to the parade downtown and party, i heard its nuts here in SA when they win a championship

knicks and nets being a huge upset, suns winning, lakers sucking, rose being injured.

there wasnt really much to watch this season. its pretty funny all these stars keep heading towards the east but they still suck ass.

the heat move really impacted the league, especially the east. nobody would of talked shit if they got together in the end respectively to ring chase.

look at the heat, they broke up the celtics  by signing ray, getting vets for cheap just to for  a quick ring ride. it doesnt really effect the west as much because somehow they just do better for some odd reason, regardless if they lose stars.

but the east, its all just what? pacers heat, and thats pretty much it. i dont have high hopes for a relevant rose return, cuz dude aint gonna be 100% anyways.

i feel for rose tho, he was one of the most exciting little guys since AI. but i doubt any team is going to give him a max contract unless he has 2 full healthy seasons.

The adidas guard curse? T-Mac, Gilbert, Rose? whose next?

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2014, 08:13:34 PM »

Dwight is clearly a focal point on the Rockets. I know you don't realize it because when you're in homer mode you just say whatever wreckless thing comes to mind, but you're pretty much comparing his value to the Rockets as like Robert Sacre could just be traded for Dwight straight up & nothing would change for either team. He's a focal point. He doesn't have to be the #1 scoring option to be focal for them though.

He's incredible defensively & rebounding. He's a presence down low no matter how you want to slice it. He creates things for his teammates that wouldn't be there if he wasn't down there. If that's not being focal, I don't know what is.

Your whole attitude towards this (despite we all know it's as biased as ever), is the equivalent of me saying Kobe wasn't focal to the OG Lakers threepeat. Something like, "yeah, first of all...he wasn't the number one option on offense...he was number two. And secondly...he just played his role in Phil Jackson's offense...sure his ability to create for himself came in handy but he easily could of been replaced by Vince Carter or Paul Pierce and you woulda got the same results".

im not touching the subject of howard being a focal point in houston, because he is, not arguing that.

but what i highlighted in bold, do you really put that on howard? Howard put in his work, but he was by far not the guy that made things happen, Hedo, Lewis, Nelson were balling at those times.

making correct decisions and they had nice chemistry, with of course everybody baby feeding the ball to dwight while everyone else is on the 3pt line. but they were a fun team, although i wasnt a howard fan.

Howard Leading the team is a bit misleading, yes he gets the minutes, the touches  for the points and hes a great rebounder and blocker, but dude isnt taking control on the floor. it was hedo, nelson and Lewis.

And hell, even in the 09 playoffs, it was Rafer Alston (who everyone forgets put it work for the magic that year) hedo and lewis that was going off. if it wasnt for hedo and lewis they wouldnt of had that chance to win game 2 (the game where lee missed the point blank game winning layup).

and awful??? they were the 3rd seed in the east, nobody besides the cavs or boston were a threat to them. they were winning games and they were pretty relevant for the past couple years before that 09 team as well.

i dont really understand why you say they were awful, they werent. and they had  a better record than everyone in the western conference besides the lakers, and they swept the regular season series too (i looked it up, because i remember the magic of being a pretty relevant force, a Mavs of the east coast, a team just lingering there, but were never favorites)

Nelson/Alston/Johnson
Lee/Redick
Turkoglu/Pietrus
Lewis/Battie
Howard/Gortat

they werent an awful team, their standings and their play speak for itself, but they werent beating the lakers that year. i dont think any offense that is so 3pt orientated is going to be consistent enough to win all the ways towards the finals.

i just really dont like howard getting credit where its not due.

Remedy360

« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2014, 09:13:02 PM »

mainly due to Artest

Lol I remember that. Very entertaining playoffs that year overall.

Sccit

« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2014, 10:46:41 PM »

no you dont get it...to address ur first point, like i said before, even that rocket team led by artest woulda made the finals in the east. dwight was a glorified garbage man on that orlando team. sure, he was important to their success, but the offense didnt run through him, it revolved around the three point line, dwight was there to clean up the garbage and gobble up spoon fed dunks due to stan van gundy's spread offense, 4 three point shooters drawing the defense out, leaving the middle open for dwight to reap the benefits. his main strength was on defense, by far... this doesnt make dwight a franchise player.. he was exposed as a bust first option in the 1st round of last years playoffs. that made it pretty clear dwight would never be the centerpiece of a successful franchise. u think if pg, cp3, lebron, kobe, durant, step curry, shit, any LEGIT franchise player was playing, they'd go out like that? hell naah.

now, for the rockets, i never said he's not important...but a focal point of that team? naah. nothing revolves around him, he's there, again, mainly to collect garbage and hold the middle down, which asik has proven he can do if dwight goes down. its not like if shaq went down, the team was fucked. when dwight is down, rockets still look as good, give or take, because theyre not really dependent on dwight .. does he help? no doubt...and i'm not sayin he's a sacre, but his value is more in that of a marcus camby or a horace grant if u wanna go back.

kobe was wayyyyyy more important to the lakers threepeat than dwight is to the current rockets lmfao, terrible comparison.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2014, 11:26:23 PM »
Loon3y...other than LeBron's Cavs or Iverson's Sixers, name me a worse roster to make the NBA Finals.

NIK, I can see where you're coming from in a Houston perspective. But I'll never agree on Orlando, you got that backwards. Those three point shooters reaped the benefits of Dwight being down there, completely collapsing things ALLOWING Hedo and Lewis and Nelson to thrive from deep. No shot a Marcus Camby or Tyson Chandler in that role, gets the same defensive attention.