Author Topic: Why is Slim the Mobster in jail right now ?  (Read 976 times)

aerroc

Re: Why is Slim the Mobster in jail right now ?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2014, 02:15:07 PM »
people said Jay Rock in the beginning was a carbon copy of Game/Shyne and he turned out pretty well

Slim just needed and still needs a little artist development, people who liked him were merely fans of gangsta rap

Slim > Bishop though
who listens to slim the mobster ?  :D i've never heard anybody even mention this niggas name  :D i've never heard anybody bump this niggas music..the only place i can see people even taken in this dudes music is in Europe. dude is what he is and thats another failed artist.

well I'm in the USA and at my school a few hip-hop heads were well aware of dude, mostly the song he did with Kendrick, and my homies who I showed his music to all fuck with him lol just because your inner circle of friends never heard of him doesn't mean he is a failed artist

dude had a street following in LA before the Aftermath deal as well, but his buzz since the Twitter rampage plus the Henchman case dwindled bad

he was also on Clue and Whoo Kid mixtapes which had him some NY fans before the deal

pretty much kendrick took his spot due had a mixtape from aftermath out and no buzz even some music videos
the last i seen of him was a pic that was posted here over a year ago with him and tha realest
and if ur making music with with that clone ur going now where how lower  can he go from there lol

The_Offence

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2014, 02:17:02 PM »
if he was signed to Xzibit I'm sure he would have a little indie album in stores

as weird as this may sound Strange Music could have even picked him up since they did what they did with Jay Rock
rock actually had a buzz off his single with wayne.. 1st things first strange didn't just sign jay rock like that OG inglewood mugs is jay rock's homie and he knew teach, thats how jay rock linked up with strange. jay rock is not even on strange anymore. 2nd ain't nobody asking  about a slim the mobster album man. who's dumb enough to waste money to put out a slim the mobster album  :-\ seriously now  :D if this nigga wasn't signed to dre nobody would even care. people act as if there were something special about this nigga..dude was just another average rapper that got a lil bit of fame because of dre. was anybody even paying this nigga for features ? no. even dre couldn't get people to gain interest in this dude. he just sounds like a dude dre was trying to replace 50 with  .... this shit sounds just like something 50 would put out back in 2004 http://www.hulkshare.com/nodjzone/slim-the-mobster-gun-play-nodjzone-com nigga was dissing 50 while trying act like he didn't study his whole style from 2004.

jay rock next album will be tde/strange due to the fact strange bought jay rock old wb contract
top dawg said the only artists on TDE thats signed to other label's are kendrick and schoolboy. he said everybody else is TDE and he might just drop everything on TDE, including the black hippy album. them niggas is rich now and probably just bought rock out that strange deal. why you think you never see rock on anymore strange project or touring with them.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 02:20:05 PM by The_Offence »

aerroc

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2014, 02:39:21 PM »
if he was signed to Xzibit I'm sure he would have a little indie album in stores

as weird as this may sound Strange Music could have even picked him up since they did what they did with Jay Rock
rock actually had a buzz off his single with wayne.. 1st things first strange didn't just sign jay rock like that OG inglewood mugs is jay rock's homie and he knew teach, thats how jay rock linked up with strange. jay rock is not even on strange anymore. 2nd ain't nobody asking  about a slim the mobster album man. who's dumb enough to waste money to put out a slim the mobster album  :-\ seriously now  :D if this nigga wasn't signed to dre nobody would even care. people act as if there were something special about this nigga..dude was just another average rapper that got a lil bit of fame because of dre. was anybody even paying this nigga for features ? no. even dre couldn't get people to gain interest in this dude. he just sounds like a dude dre was trying to replace 50 with  .... this shit sounds just like something 50 would put out back in 2004 http://www.hulkshare.com/nodjzone/slim-the-mobster-gun-play-nodjzone-com nigga was dissing 50 while trying act like he didn't study his whole style from 2004.

jay rock next album will be tde/strange due to the fact strange bought jay rock old wb contract
top dawg said the only artists on TDE thats signed to other label's are kendrick and schoolboy. he said everybody else is TDE and he might just drop everything on TDE, including the black hippy album. them niggas is rich now and probably just bought rock out that strange deal. why you think you never see rock on anymore strange project or touring with them.

http://www.strangemusicinc.com/2012/06/jay-rock/travis-o-guin-on-jay-rock-next-album-interview/

Jay Rock then signed with indie record label Strange Music in the Fall of 2010, on a multi-album deal after leaving from Warner Bros
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Rock

List of upcoming studio album releases Artist    Album details
SZA    

Title: Z
    Release date: April 8, 2014[32]

Ab-Soul    

Title: TBA
    Release date: 2014

Jay Rock    

Release date: 2014[33]

Kendrick Lamar    

Release date: September 2014

damm i wanted ab-soul to be next

aerroc

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2014, 03:02:42 PM »
lol

2009-2010: Working on Dr. Dre's Detox and debut album

Slim The Mobster started to work on Dr. Dre's Detox in 2009. Having written over 70% of Detox and the latest single, "Kush" he is next on deck after the long awaited "Detox" drops. Detox is set to solidify Slim's career as The Chronic did with Snoop Dogg and 2001 did with Eminem.[3] According to Slim The Mobster, Dr. Dre's Detox and his debut album will have similar elements but totally different feels to them.[7] He stated that Dr. Dre will be featured on it and will "feel like an N.W.A album.

2012–present: S.O.O.N. (Something Out Of Nothing)

He has announced his debut album under Aftermath Entertainment, entitled S.O.O.N. (Something Out Of Nothing), due to be released on August 21, 2012. Numerous people have claimed, confirmed, or been seen in the studio with him working on the album, including Xzibit, King Tee, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg, Jay Rock, Busta Rhymes, and Big K.R.I.T..[citation needed] It was revealed at the end of September 2012 that Slim The Mobster was no longer signed to Aftermath Entertainment & would release his album S.O.O.N. (Something Out Of Nothing) on Gang Module.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 03:07:19 PM by aerroc »

The_Offence

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2014, 03:14:42 PM »
im not shocked they dropped his ass because i never saw why he was signed in the first place..

Blood$

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2014, 03:19:26 PM »
Dre probably was telling him to keep his foot off 50's neck and dude wouldn't listen so he got cut off kinda like with the Game/G-Unit beef

aerroc

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2014, 04:18:20 PM »
im not shocked they dropped his ass because i never saw why he was signed in the first place..

In February 2008, he was featured on a Hussein Fatal mixtape.[4] He solicited demos to Dr. Dre in 2008 and eventually got a record deal with Aftermath Entertainment. Dr Dre also asked Eminem & 50 Cent would they be interested in signing Slim as a joint venture and they did so, officially signing him to Shady/Aftermath/G-Unit Records. This made him the first artist to be signed to all three labels but then was moved to just Aftermath a year later

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 03:14:45 PM »
In February 2008, he was featured on a Hussein Fatal mixtape.[4] He solicited demos to Dr. Dre in 2008 and eventually got a record deal with Aftermath Entertainment. Dr Dre also asked Eminem & 50 Cent would they be interested in signing Slim as a joint venture and they did so, officially signing him to Shady/Aftermath/G-Unit Records. This made him the first artist to be signed to all three labels but then was moved to just Aftermath a year later

He was never signed to G-Unit or Shady Records. Jimmy Iovine wanted him to but Slim didn't (now we all know why lol). Even tho' he did a ton of records with G-Unit/Shady artists (Spider Loc, Cashis, Yayo, 50, C-Bo, Prodigy, 40 Glocc, Kartoon etc).
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

Blood$

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 06:10:49 PM »
I forgot he was on that 50/R. Kelly joint lmao

midwestryder

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2014, 09:35:20 PM »

you are wrong about Jay Rock .Jay Rock had like one album left Strange Music & is feature the Strange Music collaborations album ‎Strangeulation‬

Okka

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 06:23:16 AM »
Snitchy Henchmen told on him it was in the newspaper

Henchmen snitched on Slim The Mobster?

Blood$

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2014, 09:47:12 AM »
Snitchy Henchmen told on him it was in the newspaper

Henchmen snitched on Slim The Mobster?

yeah and Slim did a song about it the same week

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2014, 01:13:21 PM »
I actually liked Slim. He had a vintage, west, throw back style, with nice rhymes. Probably the last "GangstaRapper" that I actually thought was being real about the shit he'd say. This dude was a REAL G.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Blood$

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2014, 08:27:09 AM »
dude was the best protege Dre had since Game

I consider Kendrick self made and not a protege of Dre