Author Topic: TDE's CEO Responds to Suge Knight's Recent Comments  (Read 1013 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: TDE's CEO Responds to Suge Knight's Recent Comments
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2014, 04:36:09 PM »
I'd say you make some interesting points there, abusive.  Couple things to add.

- I think beyond loyalty, the deal Suge turned down would not have made sense. If the Tucker deal is in fact, the one in question. It was basically akin to Suge giving up a portion of his label to the people who were boycotting it so they could help him run a clean and responsible product. It would have killed Death Row completely. On the same token, Jimmy was also loyal in the sense that Interscope stayed attached to Death Row when Time Warner got cold feet and even bought their portion of the company when they got scared away.

I think for both men, Suge and Jimmy, they were the best deal for each other at the time.

- I would agree that Game's deal has always seemed a little fucked.  I can't imagine he is making much money off music with all the deals he's had to get out of but I doubt they are getting a part of his advertising dollars. One of 50's initial gripes with that man was he went and did another deal outside of G-Unit for some commercial time. If 50 was getting a cut, I'm sure it would not have been as big an issue.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 04:37:16 PM »
Also, +1 for the link to that Suge interview.  I've wanted to hear that since last year when people were talking about it and never could find it.

abusive

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2014, 07:16:26 AM »
Ok, here's part two for those who missed it:

The interview was hard to find because sites such as HIPHOPDX, only chose to focus on the threats he made at the fake Rick Ross. So instead of it being "Suge Knight 420 Kday interview", the headlines read "Suge Knights says he'll beat up Rick Ross!" All of the relevant points he made were marginalized and most of the sites copy one another so that's all people got. The even cut out that part and didn't give you the full interview in many cases. I'm not going to say it's a conspiracy in this case but it's easy to distract the public from real issues by doing this sort of thing. They can't ignore the interview so instead they give you a small portion of the sensationalized aspects and that way they can control what the discussion is about.

As far as why Dre would have Suge as lifetime manager, from what I have seen, Dre is weak. I could see that happening. Natasha in the Jmix interviews already said that Suge had control over Dre and that Dre felt indebted to Suge. To be fair to Suge he has a pretty good track record as a manger so other than the duration of the deal it probably was a good business move.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

FUCK-YOU-BItch

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2014, 07:26:36 AM »
Who the fuck is TDE???

The Cronic,Doggystyle,Above The Rim Ost,Murder Was The Case Ost,Dogg Food,All Eyez On Me, The Don Killuminati, The Doggfather, Gridlocke´d Ost,Gang Related Ost....