Author Topic: The 100  (Read 165 times)

KrazySumwhat

The 100
« on: May 03, 2014, 09:46:53 PM »
 I just checked out episode one. Has potential. If you haven't seen it its in the future , 100 hundred years after the world was abandoned due to nuclear war and all human life on earth was wiped out.
 The survivors are living on a space station and had planned on waiting 400 years for humans to return to earth(that's how long they figured it would be before it would be safe).
 But due to engineering problems and lack of resources, over population of the station, etc, 100 humans are sent down to the earth.
 The 100 are all criminals who were to be executed but they are sent to earth to see what is down there and if it is safe for people to return.

I like the idea and concept. After one episode i can say that it dosent have the worlds greatest acting and it is definitely a bit cheesy has some lameness and romance that makes you think of twilight or something. But i think it might be an interesting show.
 Probably fair to say that its aimed at the younger crowd. I can seen the teenies eating it up. All of the 100 seem to be young people around 18-early twenties and all good looking people so its not massively realistic but eye candy i suppose.

Anyone else seen it?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: The 100
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 06:45:20 PM »
I've seen all the eps so far. I must say it's the bleakest teen show I've ever seen on TV. There have been several save the day situations that would have all gone the other way in past shows. Not a lot of happy endings in this series. It's very interesting.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 12:34:04 AM »
 Well thats good to hear. I like realism and unhappy endings. I think that's one reason i often prefer anime to movies and Japanese video games to western(not saying that all western games have non unhappy outcomes or endings or situations, its more so American movies).
 I quite enjoyed episode two, i was planning on watching some more last night but didn't get around to it. I'll watch some more today for sure.
 It seems good it just seems a bit cheesy and you cant help but feel its aimed at young females at times(even though it could be classified as sci fi) but its the romance and pretty boys lol.
 *SPOILER ALERT* if you have not seen the first two episodes;
 LOL at the people up in the space station not at all even considering that the kids on the earth may be removing the  bracelets that they are monitoring.
 Ha ha it was so bad, it was like" they must all be dieing, it must not be safe, what other possible explanation could there be"?
 And like, "there is hope but there is no proof"!
 "there is no time for false hope". Like "Hmmmmm, i know there's another possibility/expanation but i just cant think of what it could be"?? And when that young engineer/mechanic chick suggests that the kids were removing the bracelets by choice its like "oh my god your right!" like that was something that they would never have figured out or realized.

Guess if you want to be a skeptic, its ridiculous how attractive and in shape and skilled everyone is but hey that's what people want to see/sex sells. I do like the show though.

EDIT:watched soem more , i seen what you mean. Some shit i did not expect nor would ever predict at all. So that's a big plus.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 05:08:36 AM by KrazySumwhat »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 07:15:23 PM »
Well thats good to hear. I like realism and unhappy endings. I think that's one reason i often prefer anime to movies and Japanese video games to western(not saying that all western games have non unhappy outcomes or endings or situations, its more so American movies).
 I quite enjoyed episode two, i was planning on watching some more last night but didn't get around to it. I'll watch some more today for sure.
 It seems good it just seems a bit cheesy and you cant help but feel its aimed at young females at times(even though it could be classified as sci fi) but its the romance and pretty boys lol.
 *SPOILER ALERT* if you have not seen the first two episodes;
 LOL at the people up in the space station not at all even considering that the kids on the earth may be removing the  bracelets that they are monitoring.
 Ha ha it was so bad, it was like" they must all be dieing, it must not be safe, what other possible explanation could there be"?
 And like, "there is hope but there is no proof"!
 "there is no time for false hope". Like "Hmmmmm, i know there's another possibility/expanation but i just cant think of what it could be"?? And when that young engineer/mechanic chick suggests that the kids were removing the bracelets by choice its like "oh my god your right!" like that was something that they would never have figured out or realized.

Guess if you want to be a skeptic, its ridiculous how attractive and in shape and skilled everyone is but hey that's what people want to see/sex sells. I do like the show though.

EDIT:watched soem more , i seen what you mean. Some shit i did not expect nor would ever predict at all. So that's a big plus.

You have to keep in mind that it's still a CW tenn drama and can only be so realistic and gloomy. Shows on certain network have ceilings with how good they can be without compromising how appealing they are to teens. This show has gone very far. If it were an HBO show I would be much less forgiving and find and highlight a lot of problems, but because it's CW I let a lot slide.