Author Topic: Why do you dislike the game?  (Read 731 times)

red-one

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Why do you dislike the game?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 12:32:41 PM »
I personally have nothing against Game. His label Black Wall Street distributed some of the best hip hop mix tapes I'd ever heard and he was untouchable back when he had just split from G-Unit and was going ham on 50 Cent for months.

But as far as I can tell Game's done a lot of laughable things away from the mic like getting butthurt when 50 Cent didn't want to kiss and make up or something. I think there was also a period of time where there was an abundance of obnoxious Game groupies on here that further ruined his image on here.
The fact that he tried to start sounding like hip hop that was popular at the time didn't help either. Game was specifically bred to be a throwback to the 90s when cliche gangsta rap from Los Angeles was all the rage. And you could argue that that was all he was ever capable of. The more he got away from that sound, the more the people who originally liked that Game grew distant from him and got butthurt because he changed his sound. Because if there's any generation that can't handle change it's the people who grew up in the 90s.

I agree with all of this post +1

Me Too +2

Balk

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 05:19:59 PM »
he sounds fuckin corny, he aint even a good rapper making that all wack shit with Kayne west etc. He is another pop rapper not worht listening . There are some rumours that he was a male stripper

Remedy360

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 05:39:55 PM »
Game was better on G Unit, he needs someone around to keep him in check and provide decent hooks.

nah he was better off during late 2005-2007 during the YKWII Vol. 3 / Doctor's Advocate days, he fell off after LAX though

You didn't like Jesus Piece either? I agree that his tapes/RED were a huge drop-off after LAX  but I was pleasantly surprised by how solid JP was.

I really liked P&P and Hoodmorning too

Wasn't feeling either of those much at all, which was a surprise cause he had always dropped dope mixtapes to that point.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2014, 11:51:24 AM »
I personally have nothing against Game. His label Black Wall Street distributed some of the best hip hop mix tapes I'd ever heard and he was untouchable back when he had just split from G-Unit and was going ham on 50 Cent for months.

But as far as I can tell Game's done a lot of laughable things away from the mic like getting butthurt when 50 Cent didn't want to kiss and make up or something. I think there was also a period of time where there was an abundance of obnoxious Game groupies on here that further ruined his image on here.
The fact that he tried to start sounding like hip hop that was popular at the time didn't help either. Game was specifically bred to be a throwback to the 90s when cliche gangsta rap from Los Angeles was all the rage. And you could argue that that was all he was ever capable of. The more he got away from that sound, the more the people who originally liked that Game grew distant from him and got butthurt because he changed his sound. Because if there's any generation that can't handle change it's the people who grew up in the 90s.

I agree with all of this post +1

Me Too +2

+3