Author Topic: Remembering the Pistons beating the Lakers 10 years ago  (Read 341 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Remembering the Pistons beating the Lakers 10 years ago
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 11:16:07 PM »
It was a crazy year. I graduated college that year too, met Byron Russell and Horace Grant in a club in Minneapolis for senior week. They played the T-Wolves and I was talking to Russell since he is from San Bernardino too. Man, there are certain years that stand out in sports, I think of the 1995 Cowboys with Deion, the 2010 NBA Finals where the Lakers and Celtics went 7 games, the 2001 World Series when the D-Backs beat the Yankees and Mariano Rivera, and that 2004 NBA season. That Laker team will go down in history. Most don't even remember the Pistons won, just that the Lakers lost. And you know, I don't mind. For me, it shows how much the Lakers impact the game. People are more concern with the Lakers losing than another team winning, and that's the way I prefer the NBA to be.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 05:01:05 AM »
And to think that if a better player was drafted by the pistons with their lottery pick, they coulda won more titles in that 5 out of 6 straight conference finals appearances. 

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 12:15:09 PM »
It was a crazy year. I graduated college that year too, met Byron Russell and Horace Grant in a club in Minneapolis for senior week. They played the T-Wolves and I was talking to Russell since he is from San Bernardino too. Man, there are certain years that stand out in sports, I think of the 1995 Cowboys with Deion, the 2010 NBA Finals where the Lakers and Celtics went 7 games, the 2001 World Series when the D-Backs beat the Yankees and Mariano Rivera, and that 2004 NBA season. That Laker team will go down in history. Most don't even remember the Pistons won, just that the Lakers lost. And you know, I don't mind. For me, it shows how much the Lakers impact the game. People are more concern with the Lakers losing than another team winning, and that's the way I prefer the NBA to be.

That's true.  Even when I first saw the thread I thought it was talking about an old Bad Boys championship against the Lakers.  So much talk about the Bad Boys championships in the late 80's that people forget it wasn't that long ago that the Pistons won another championship.

I liked that team too.. they had a lot of old school 90's guys... like Rasheed Wallace who had already made a run back with the Trailblazers... they had Chauncey Billups who I'd been watching since I was a kid and he was at Colorado in the Big 8 playing MU and KU
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 04:39:39 PM »
i had a distaste for them since they beat us.

but now one can deny they were  a fun, humbling team to watch.

Ben/Sheed/Prince/Hamilton/Billups wasn't only fun to watch, but fun in 2k too. such a fun team.

but honestly if malone was healthy, we probably could of taken them, and payton seemingly forgot how to play basketball in those finals.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Remedy360

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 05:10:46 PM »

but honestly if malone was healthy, we probably could of taken them, and payton seemingly forgot how to play basketball in those finals.

You would probably know better than me being a fan of the Lakers but to me it also just seemed like that team was a complete mess as far as chemistry.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 12:34:19 PM »
hack's basketball list:

1.hate lakers
2.love LeBron
3.hate Kobe
4.like the heat
5.love laker rivals
6.root for the Celtics on free time
7.pretend like you're a rondo fanatic
8.jerk off to LeBron poster