Author Topic: a partial apology to sol  (Read 119 times)

TheSheriff

a partial apology to sol
« on: March 29, 2003, 05:29:54 PM »
Not over the actual body of the debate, but my vehemence in saying your definition of what Bergkamp does is wrong. Though Hunter Davies, a respected sports critic, says he is the nearest to a CF Arsenal have, as does Arsene, I accept there are different definitions of the word, so, if we use CF to describe Duncan Ferguson, Peter Crouch, Alan Shearer...Then Bergkamp is not one, by that definition. I made a silly comment about being like Shearer-without explaing how I meant that.

I meant it by the fact he is closer than any of his teammates. But yeah, sorry for being self-righteous over it, though the point stands.

Sol

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re:a partial apology to sol
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2003, 11:11:55 AM »
Not over the actual body of the debate, but my vehemence in saying your definition of what Bergkamp does is wrong. Though Hunter Davies, a respected sports critic, says he is the nearest to a CF Arsenal have, as does Arsene, I accept there are different definitions of the word, so, if we use CF to describe Duncan Ferguson, Peter Crouch, Alan Shearer...Then Bergkamp is not one, by that definition. I made a silly comment about being like Shearer-without explaing how I meant that.

I meant it by the fact he is closer than any of his teammates. But yeah, sorry for being self-righteous over it, though the point stands.

lets just agree to disagree.
cant be arsed with this argument anymore.
no hard feelings or anything.

TheSheriff

Re:a partial apology to sol
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2003, 03:06:48 PM »
lets just agree to disagree.
cant be arsed with this argument anymore.
no hard feelings or anything.

Cool