Author Topic: Your favorite Stephen King movie?  (Read 620 times)

Remedy360

Re: Your favorite Stephen King movie?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 04:17:55 PM »
The Shining.

Even though King hated the adaptation, it remains on of my favorite movies of any genre. The open ended mysteries and various interpretations make it intriguing no matter how many times it's watched.

Damn, did he actually use the word "hate"? Has anybody seen the "The Shining" mini-series that came out in 1997? I've been meanin' to check that out for years.

I know he was disappointed with a lot of things, like how Jack was portrayed for one. I never read the book though so I don't know how much they really changed it.

WestWestYA

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 09:24:47 AM »
the graveyard shift.

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2014, 07:33:20 PM »
The Shining.

Even though King hated the adaptation, it remains on of my favorite movies of any genre. The open ended mysteries and various interpretations make it intriguing no matter how many times it's watched.

Damn, did he actually use the word "hate"? Has anybody seen the "The Shining" mini-series that came out in 1997? I've been meanin' to check that out for years.

yea, i have both, and they're both really good...kubrick's version is better as a film, but the 1997 version was written and produced by stephen king, so it stays more true to the book....it's a classic in its own sense. still prefer kubrick's version, which is easily my favorite stephen king movie.

bouli77

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 02:08:45 AM »
King regretted the fact that Kubrick dismissed much of the paranormal activity going on by attributing it to Jack's madness.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 01:04:08 PM »
I actually just watched the shining and shawshank a few months ago for the first time I would probably go with the shining but shawshank was great too

Remedy360

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2014, 11:58:19 PM »
King regretted the fact that Kubrick dismissed much of the paranormal activity going on by attributing it to Jack's madness.

Makes sense. I should pick up the book sometime, actually haven't read any of Stephen King's work.

daytondanger

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 02:57:51 AM »