Author Topic: Lil Eazy-E Is Mad He Wasn’t Cast In N.W.A Biopic  (Read 1038 times)

doggfather

Re: Lil Eazy-E Is Mad He Wasn’t Cast In N.W.A Biopic
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 12:49:10 AM »
Funny how Ren isn't even mentioned in all this stuff like he wasn't part of the group.  Any word from Ren on the project?
+1
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

abusive

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 05:28:00 AM »

Maybe you are right. He said who owned the NWA name, meaning past tense.
@ 1:24 mark

If you have never seen this footage watch the entire clip. Calls Pac MOB, gets at Rick Ross and addresses TDE.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 07:41:12 AM »
he´s absoulty right, what about ice cube´s son just because you dad is a hollywood nigga doesn´t mean that you can act. Ice Cube´s first role in Boyz n Da Hood was the same he couldn´t act either fisburne and cuba gave him advices, so now cube giving his son advice´s ?? have you seen these actors for cube,ren,eazy they look gay as hell...and i don´t want to talk about the storyline..

cube could act actin is no different than rememberin lyrics n recitin em..then doin the same shit for videos..

wasnt like he was the main star in boyz n the hood neway

kokane sound like he wants the nwa family tree to be mention...because im pretty sure dre's spin off acts will be brought to light...

jman91331

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2014, 01:31:44 PM »
Funny how Ren isn't even mentioned in all this stuff like he wasn't part of the group.  Any word from Ren on the project?
Or DJ Yella.

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2014, 04:29:02 PM »
Who knows, maybe Lil Eazy can't act? What y'all talkin' about Suge ownin' the N.W.A. name though? Did Suge say that?

Suge says a lot of things. I don't know about him owning the N.W.A. name/brand. If I recall, Eazy's widow own the name. Wasn't it Eazy's widow who stopped Game from using the name for the title of his album that became "The Documentary"? Originally it was called "Nigga Witta Attitude Vol. 1" but, Eazy's widow stopped that idea and he soon changed the name.

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2014, 07:42:03 PM »
after watching that boring ass 30 for 30, i personally dont think Cube should over see this as a whole.

but who can do it right ? what if the tables where turned, you think LiL E would reach out ?

seems like to me he would duck behind the exec's and contracts like ASAP MOB did to Danny Brown. straight up dissed D brown out.

they should have that guy josslin from real housewives ATL to play Tomika Wright. *i think thats the show, stevie jays bitch..
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

Jimmy H.

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2014, 09:32:50 PM »
I think biopics are a recipe for disaster.  Everyone so caught up in having their side of the story represented but in the end, it is a movie and it's going to be fabricated. 

OG The Cricket Loc

• 'G'
  • EFCC CEBUZ MOST WANTED
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2014, 11:52:16 PM »
Cube turned bitch nigga. Putting his punk as son in the movie, lol, cube nowadayz a homo nigga. Fuck him and this movie.

I was raised by thugs, schooled by killers
Learned my mathematics skills from real drug dealers

PUT SLUGS IN THEM R&B THUGS

FUCK soowoop CLICK CLACK BAAAANG

Klue

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2014, 02:54:35 AM »
i personally forsee a real disaster

Remedy360

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2014, 03:05:14 AM »

Yeah, that's Hollywood for you. I think the less you actually know about a person (or in this case a group) the better your movie experience will be. 

Klue

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2014, 03:22:25 AM »

Yeah, that's Hollywood for you. I think the less you actually know about a person (or in this case a group) the better your movie experience will be. 

nah, i just hope to be surprised

Native American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 2o11
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2014, 10:49:58 AM »
Cube turned bitch nigga. Putting his punk as son in the movie, lol, cube nowadayz a homo nigga. Fuck him and this movie.

right there with you homie, check out my remix of 2PAC 0 to 100 feat outlawz. i say this cause ur deathrow and 2PAC pic, which is dope.
https://soundcloud.com/mixmaster_biggd/starin-through-my-rearview-biggd-2014-blend0-to-100

Download it before it reaches 100 downloads.... it could go from 0 to 100, real quicc !
EVERY LAST ONE OF ''Y-O-U'' BELIEVE THAT DR. DRE HAS MADE THESE SONG's FOR ''Y-O-U''.
THE REALITY IS THAT THE SONG's ARE ''ABOUT Y-O-U'' !!!!!!

OG The Cricket Loc

• 'G'
  • EFCC CEBUZ MOST WANTED
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2014, 11:07:59 AM »

right there with you homie, check out my remix of 2PAC 0 to 100 feat outlawz. i say this cause ur deathrow and 2PAC pic, which is dope.
https://soundcloud.com/mixmaster_biggd/starin-through-my-rearview-biggd-2014-blend0-to-100

Download it before it reaches 100 downloads.... it could go from 0 to 100, real quicc !

Ice Cube is desperate to hook his faggot ass son on every motha fucking shit he puts out. Shits funny, i hope someome pulls this niggas sons card soon, fucking useless ass nigga.

I was raised by thugs, schooled by killers
Learned my mathematics skills from real drug dealers

PUT SLUGS IN THEM R&B THUGS

FUCK soowoop CLICK CLACK BAAAANG

Jimmy H.

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2014, 12:42:26 PM »
  Or even simpler, the more you just realize how movies are made and take it for that, the better.  In real life, famous people interact with hundreds of people.  When you are telling a story through a movie, they need to condense it so it can fit in a coherent two-hour format.  They need to take the most interesting details and exaggerate for the dramatic purposes.

The movie, Malcolm X, is not a factual account of Malcolm's life.  It is Spike Lee's vision.  Obviously, with real people, you are creating a basis in reality but like with fiction, they are telling a story and are going to manipulate the character pieces to fit with that story.  Even documentaries often work like this.

abusive

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2014, 04:47:48 PM »
Lil Eazy-E Coaching the Actor Playing His Dad in N.W.A Film
Rapper refutes report that he was "outraged" at Ice Cube for not casting him as his father in upcoming biopic

By Kory Grow
July 3, 2014 12:05 PM ET

Despite a report that he was unhappy with the casting, Eric Wright, Jr. – the son of N.W.A rapper Eazy-E who records as Lil Eazy-E – tells Rolling Stone he has embraced Jason Mitchell, the actor portraying his father in the Ice Cube–produced N.W.A biopic Straight Outta Compton. "Jason has come to my grandmother's house where I was born and raised, where my father was born and raised and where N.W.A started," Lil Eazy-E says. "I reached out to him to give him the support and any advice he needs. He has a big burden on his shoulders to bring forth the character and legacy of my father and the legacy of N.W.A, period."

See Where N.W.A's 'Straight Outta Compton' Ranked Among the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time

Earlier this week, TMZ wrote that Lil E was "outraged" that Ice Cube had cast his own son in the movie but did not cast Lil E to portray his father. The younger rapper claims he was misquoted and that he has no ill will for Ice Cube. "[TMZ] just asked me, 'You're not mad? Everyone in the office is mad,'" he said. "I said, 'OK, well, why don't you put it that "TMZ is mad at Cube?"' 'Oh, we can't do that politically.' If they can understand the political value in that, how can you not understand the political value of what's going on in the situation in why I did not get the role?

"I'm not upset about [the casting]," adds the rapper. "What Cube did was a great thing and a loving father, that you're supposed to do for your family and your legacy." As for how he feels about Ice Cube, Lil E said, "Besides my father, that's the person I was inspired by; that's like an idol to me."

Despite the lack of animosity, Lil Eazy-E tells Rolling Stone that "I wish I could have got [the part]." He says the casting director told him he was talented and gave him some advice, saying he needed to lose some weight, but he felt he had the look and the attitude down pat. He even worked with two acting coaches in preparation for a private audition, outside of the open casting call. "I don't think anybody can do it better," he said. "It's what I've been doing for the past 10 years of my career. I came out on Hip Hop Honors years ago and performed in front of Cube and Russell Simmons and they told me I was a striking resemblance."

Now the rapper just hopes that the movie does right by his father in telling Eazy E's part of the N.W.A story. He has his sights set on two things: a place for himself on the soundtrack for the Straight Outta Compton movie – since he's currently working on his own record titled Yellow Brick Road to Compton – and a separate biopic focusing solely on the life of his father. "His legacy is bigger than N.W.A," Lil E said. "That should have been the first movie, but it's definitely going to become a biopic of my father's life.

"I'm the firstborn son," he continued. "I turned 11 two weeks after he passed away. I was born and raised in the same house that N.W.A started in. I was there when they were making music. I was there when they were just crashing out in the bedroom. But my fondest memories [are] of him being a father. I know him outside of the rap, outside of the hustle, outside of the hardcore. I know the nice individual, the humorous individual, the family man, the one that loved all of his children. Believe me, as a kid at 11 years old, I sought that information out."

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lil-eazy-e-coaching-the-actor-playing-his-dad-in-n-w-a-film-20140703
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.