Author Topic: Tracy Morgan in Critical Condition After Car Crash  (Read 203 times)

Okka

Tracy Morgan in Critical Condition After Car Crash
« on: June 08, 2014, 02:27:51 AM »
“30 Rock” star Tracy Morgan has been hospitalized in critical condition after the limousine in which he was riding was involved in a six-car crash on the New Jersey Turnpike early Saturday.

He was transported by helicopter to the intensive care unit of Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, N.J. One of the seven people riding in the limo bus carrying Morgan died in the crash that occurred about 1 a.m. ET, according to Gregory Williams, Sgt. First Class of the New Jersey State Police.

In a statement issued late Saturday morning, Morgan’s rep, Lewis Kay, said he remained in critical condition and that doctors did not expect much of a change in his condition today. Kay said that family members were by his side and that Morgan was “receiving excellent care.”

The crash occurred as Morgan was returning home after a standup comedy date in Delaware. Hospital spokesman Peter Haigney said a total of four crash victims were brought to the hospital, with three in critical and one in fair condition.

The crash was caused by a dozing truck driver, according to ABC News. Officials said the driver “failed to observe slow-moving traffic ahead.” When the driver noticed the limo that contained Morgan, he swerved to the left, but struck the limo in the rear. The driver was later charged with one count of death by auto and four counts of assault by auto.

The limo lost control and flipped over to its left side. It then hit a Buick, which crashed into a Ford F150 pickup truck, and another tractor-trailer.

Morgan, 45, is known for his seven-season run opposite Tina Fey on NBC’s “30 Rock.” He was also a “Saturday Night Live” trouper from 1996 to 2003. At present he is preparing to star in a new comedy that has a 10-episode order from FXX. That untitled series is shepherded by the trio behind FXX’s “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia,” Rob McElhenney, Charlie Day and Glenn Howerton.

The pileup occurred in the turnpike’s northbound I-95 lanes near Cranbury Township, according to Williams. It involved two tractor-trailers, an SUV and two passenger cars in addition to the limo bus. The limo bus overturned in the crash. The stretch of highway was shut down for about five hours due to the investigation, reopening around 6:25 a.m. ET, Williams said.

No charges have been filed but the investigation into the cause of the crash is continuing, Williams said.

Morgan’s still-untitled FXX project has been scheduled for a January premiere. The “Always Sunny” trio is developing the concept with “New Girl” writer Luvh Rahke.

Morgan was nominated for supporting comedy actor Emmy for his work on “30 Rock” in 2009. He earned a SAG award in 2009 as part of the NBC comedy’s ensemble.

Morgan is known for his raucous physical comedy and for his antics on and off screen. In April, he made a tongue-in-cheek video bid to convince CBS to tap him as David Letterman’s replacement on “The Late Show.”

Morgan is known for his outrageous comedy, but he found himself in hot water in 2011 after making homophobic remarks as a part of a standup performance in Tennessee. He wound up issuing an apology after an outcry from GLAAD and other advocacy orgs.

Morgan was featured on ABC Thursday night as part of “Jimmy Kimmel Live’s” post-NBA finals special doing a bit about watching NBA finals games in his youth. Here’s a clip:

http://variety.com/2014/p/news/actor-tracy-morgan-in-critical-condition-after-car-crash-1201215553/

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Tracy Morgan in Critical Condition After Car Crash
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 07:21:52 PM »
i wonder if he'll ever preform again

not sounding good

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 09:26:29 PM »
he's alright, goin after that walmart money

Okka

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 09:55:47 PM »
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/04/fx-always-sunny/

I hope this is still happening when he gets better. "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" is my favorite comedy show. Would be great to see them team up with Tracy Morgan.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 09:57:34 PM »
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/04/fx-always-sunny/

I hope this is still happening when he gets better. "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" is my favorite comedy show. Would be great to see them team up with Tracy Morgan.

really?  i've seen it before but could never get into it.  the lines seem foreced...as if Chino Xl wrote the show or something

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 10:03:43 PM »
it's always sunny is the shit