Author Topic: 2Pac - Changed Man (The Meaning of the Song)  (Read 507 times)

MOBNigga06

2Pac - Changed Man (The Meaning of the Song)
« on: July 14, 2014, 08:27:51 PM »
Was just bumping Changed Man and realized, due to the recent leaks and jmix interviews, that there is some deeper shit implied in this song.

Think about the leaked Phone Call with Monster Kody, what Pac says in there about how he had to change his views and start to bang after being shot.

Changed Man is Pac not only saying he's out of jail, he's free, he's on Death Row - but also that he's now M.O.B. and he's not going to be an easy target like he was in 94.

"Stick a needle in my eye if I don't live and die for M.O.B."

"Who's that nigga in the G-Ride screamin out M.O.B. nigga we ride"

PEEP GAME.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

GARDENA.GANGSTA

• 'G'
Re: 2Pac - Changed Man (The Meaning of the Song)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 09:57:27 PM »
Basically Meaning Im Fresh Out All That Other Shit Is In The Past Im From The Hood(M.O.B.) Its WAR Time Now Everybody Needs To Know Who I(2pac) Really Am,And What Its Gone Be On This New Path Im(2pac) On.
That's My Impression Of The Song.Not Trying Glorify Or Anything Im From A Gang In L.A. So When U From A Hood And Been Through Some Shit Learn And Understand Certain Shit That Other People Don't,So When We Hear Rap Songs Talking About Bangin And Reppin Ur Hood And Ridin' On Enemies We Relate To Em Get The Meaning Of What The Rapper Is Trying To Tell Us.My Thoughts.Like It Or Not IDGAF!!!!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 01:22:23 AM »
I love the Better Dayz version. Been bumpin it since High School (minus T.I.'s verse tho).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 02:03:11 AM »
You're right. That was Pac telling the world "I'm officially a gang member now".

Mr. Theo

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 06:14:15 AM »
You're right. That was Pac telling the world "I'm officially a gang member now".

Right

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 09:41:54 AM »

Those quotes make it pretty obvious
how can this be interpreted any other way than banging
I never understand why people try to argue so hard that 2Pac was no blood
he stayed away from gangbanging most of his life but after New York he was looking for protection
afaik you don't wear MOB pinky rings, have a MOB tattoo or scream out MOB in your lyrics around bloods unless you one of them
how can he do all that and NOT be a blood?

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 10:28:20 AM »

Those quotes make it pretty obvious
how can this be interpreted any other way than banging
I never understand why people try to argue so hard that 2Pac was no blood
he stayed away from gangbanging most of his life but after New York he was looking for protection
afaik you don't wear MOB pinky rings, have a MOB tattoo or scream out MOB in your lyrics around bloods unless you one of them
how can he do all that and NOT be a blood?

Yup, any gray area or shadow of doubt was finely illumined with the Monster Kody interview where he said "I started out where you ended up and you ended up where I started". Add Changed Man and all those other tracks that reffed "MOB" "mobbing" etc.. and the way he was going out of his way to wear red and the pictures pretty clear. After all you don't go around asking "You from the South?" unless of course you're a penguin, lost and trying to find your way home.

Eric - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 11:56:22 AM »
After all you don't go around asking "You from the South?" unless of course you're a penguin, lost and trying to find your way home.

LMFAO.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 04:46:24 PM »
I love the Better Dayz version. Been bumpin it since High School (minus T.I.'s verse tho).

yeah i made a version without wackass TI's verse back in the day but lost the mp3 - however when the original leaked i dont think ive gone back to the remix ever since.