Author Topic: Suge Knight Details the Making of 'California Love'  (Read 1201 times)

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: Suge Knight Details the Making of 'California Love'
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 09:43:28 AM »
A writing machine. They say he didn't even pause for thought. He wrote some of the Outlawz verses too as well as entire songs for DPG, Danny Boy & Hammer.
Plus there's the speculation that This Ain't Livin was meant for Snoop, given the style and wording (i.e. referring to himself as "Snoop Dogg" while addressing "Pac," emphasis on "see/C," saying "You knowwww" like Snoop, saying "step in blue").  So maybe add him to the list too.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 09:50:55 AM »
A writing machine. They say he didn't even pause for thought. He wrote some of the Outlawz verses too as well as entire songs for DPG, Danny Boy & Hammer.
Plus there's the speculation that This Ain't Livin was meant for Snoop, given the style and wording (i.e. referring to himself as "Snoop Dogg" while addressing "Pac," emphasis on "see/C," saying "You knowwww" like Snoop, saying "step in blue").  So maybe add him to the list too.
I doubt that song written for snoop but, what I do find interesting is that the beats qdIII did for pac was meant for snoop.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Will_B

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2014, 09:56:55 AM »
I doubt that song written for snoop but, what I do find interesting is that the beats qdIII did for pac was meant for snoop.

If Pac had lived Snoop might have 100x the legacy he does now

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2014, 10:12:02 AM »

possible. I'm also amazed that pac and snoop didn't do an album together they had great chemistry.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Will_B

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2014, 10:34:07 AM »

possible. I'm also amazed that pac and snoop didn't do an album together they had great chemistry.

I get the feeling the DPG camp was too guarded to make real art like that. Snoop would feel too inadequate to just be the adlib guy on every record lol

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2014, 12:28:24 PM »
im sure dre figured too it was good to put 2pac on the song, no matter what suge says

V2DHeart

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2014, 02:20:04 AM »
Dr Dre actually liked 2Pac, what he didn't like was the 'drama' surrounding him and with Death Row already having internal issues, he saw his label slipping away from what he was more inclined towards "pop gangsta rap" but I could not see Dre being too concerned about adding 2Pac to a song, or giving him a few tracks. He worked from home anyway.

What you have to remember is that when your name is on the files as a co-owner and you're a limited liability company, any drama that comes to the label is going to cost the label money, which is essentially "your" money, and your profitability. It's the difference between you being able to put a deposit down for that 2nd holiday home, or paying immediate legal fee's for a man who hasn't even generated any income for the label to justify it and has already cost your label 700K before anything is even started to BAIL him out of jail. From a business perspective (and I know there's a guy on here.... Deeeznuuuts?? or someone with business acumen) who willo understand
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2014, 05:44:11 PM »
pac wrote his verse

heyyou

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 01:01:27 AM »
'This ain't living' was intended for Snoop, it was a reference track.