Author Topic: Big mistake to leave "Runnin" off of the Thug Life album...  (Read 1041 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Big mistake to leave "Runnin" off of the Thug Life album...
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 09:55:34 PM »

yeah

sadly Eminem never helped blow up Thirstin Howl despite doing a song for his LP at the height of his fame

Which joint are you talkin about?  Because I thought the one he did with Thirstin Howl was kind of an underground joint that was done slightly before the Slim Shady LP blew up... and I was a fan right away but really Em didn't gain complete acceptance until almost a year later when "Forgot About Dre" came out... there was a lot of reverse racism against Eminem with weak-minded white fans (like the folks at this forum) afraid to listen and support Em when he first came out.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2014, 09:57:06 PM »
I bought thug life the day it came out. It's a classic as is. I was never that impressed with runnin' anyway. Big Strech > Biggie he should have been on the album more.

Much respect homie.. I can't even make that claim.  I didn't get the Thug Life album until the year 2000.  I remember bumping "Pour Out A Little Liquor" as far back as 94 when it came out on Above the Rim but the Thug Life album was just off my radar at the time.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2014, 09:59:43 PM »

50 Cent gave Lil Kim a huge-ass hit single with "Magic Stick" after he just came off the biggest sales of his life.  It was a huge record for her but in the long run, it wasn't like it revitalized her mainstream status. 

Bad example... that was a huge song for Kim, and it did revitalize her mainstream status.  The only thing reason it didn't get any bigger was because 50 wouldn't do a video for it and I think the rest of Kims album was weak

abusive

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 01:43:40 AM »

yeah

sadly Eminem never helped blow up Thirstin Howl despite doing a song for his LP at the height of his fame

It's that one thing that always drives me nuts with these wannabe A&R's on the Internet.  They all seem to think that putting out one or two songs with a mainstream artist is going to be the difference-maker in the success of a project.  I'm particularly fond of the ones who seem to think if only Death Row had more promotion when they were doing songs with Ja Rule and Jay-Z, they would somehow be more relevant. You don't get that much hype off of just a feature. You may get the temporary shine from standing next to someone with huge success but once they walk away, people stop caring.

50 Cent gave Lil Kim a huge-ass hit single with "Magic Stick" after he just came off the biggest sales of his life.  It was a huge record for her but in the long run, it wasn't like it revitalized her mainstream status.  And how many 80's heads know any Rockwell songs besides that one where he had Michael Jackson singing the hook?  That song is still HUGE to this very day but you take Michael off, nobody would ever give a fuck.

Tracey Lee had a goddamn amazing and underrated album in 1997.  He had Biggie on that mother fucker too.  Do any of you even know who I am talking about? Moral of the story. People don't pay attention to the guy who has the hot rapper doing the guest feature on his album.  They'll start listening when the hot rapper puts you on his.
It could have though. The beef between them started over 50 not doing the video like Kim wanted. Kim needed that look and he aint do it. She knew it was a good way to build momentum. It's been said that 50 got shot at in Jersey City by Kim's man Damien World Hardy.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 11:45:29 AM »

yeah

Which joint are you talkin about?  Because I thought the one he did with Thirstin Howl was kind of an underground joint that was done slightly before the Slim Shady LP blew up... and I was a fan right away but really Em didn't gain complete acceptance until almost a year later when "Forgot About Dre" came out... there was a lot of reverse racism against Eminem with weak-minded white fans (like the folks at this forum) afraid to listen and support Em when he first came out.

em and thirstin did the Watch These joint with DJ Spinna and were scheduled to do a song together with Dre but Thirstin's dumbass never showed up to the studio.  that song later became "ghost stories" aka "demon inside". 

Em also coulda tried to blow up the High and Mighty and Outsidaz and never did

T-o-m

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2014, 01:42:06 PM »
Interestingly the album was pressed as a promo tape with Runnin From The Police in place of Stay True. It is also mentioned in the promo sheets that were sent to radio stations and press outlets. Decision about removal of Runnin came in the very last moment.