Author Topic: Rittz - Next to Nothing (Discussion Thread)  (Read 181 times)

bouli77

Rittz - Next to Nothing (Discussion Thread)
« on: September 10, 2014, 11:34:46 AM »
anybody peeped this ? it came out yesterday, i really liked the life and times of Jonny Valliant.

J. B A N A N A S

Re: Rittz - Next to Nothing (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 03:49:34 PM »
The song with Twista is dope, but I'm still skeptical about the album due to his connection to Tech N9ne. I'll give it a listen though.

aerroc

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 09:00:50 PM »
he just another artist attached to tech n9nes lable and go no where

i like tech and rittz and most the strange music artist but what i speak is the truth

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 11:31:48 PM »
I dont agree with correa, Rittz beaing both part of Strange and Slumerican make him a character on is own and not just the average artist attached to Tech.
Regarding his album, it's pretty dope even though it sounds more like some Johnny Valiant leftovers for the most part.

bouli77

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 01:26:58 AM »
I dont agree with correa, Rittz beaing both part of Strange and Slumerican make him a character on is own and not just the average artist attached to Tech.
Regarding his album, it's pretty dope even though it sounds more like some Johnny Valiant leftovers for the most part.

damn you Dogg Ly Dogg from WSFC ?? Remember me ? i've seen you posting all these years on the dub and had no idea you were Dogg Ly Dogg, lol. what's good ? still a Mess fan ?

Quote from: correa

i like tech and rittz and most the strange music artist but what i speak is the truth

go nowhere how exactly ? dude's got a decent following and a decent buzz and he's been dropping quality music. don't expect him to top the billboard chart, he's independent and he's doing his thing that's all that should matter. don't mistake "the truth" with your opinion, which is interesting but not really supported by any facts.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:18:09 AM by bouli77 »

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 01:39:37 AM »

damn you Dogg Ly Dogg from WSFC ?? Remember me ? i've seen you posted all these years on the dub and had no idea you were Dogg Ly Dogg, lol. what's good ? still a Mess fan ?

Quote from: correa

go nowhere how exactly ? dude's got a decent following and a decent buzz and he's been dropping quality music. don't expect him to top the billboard chart, he's independent and he's doing his thing that's all that should matter. don't mistake "the truth" with your opinion, which is interesting but not really supported by any facts.

Hi Bouli yeah it's me and I do remember you from the good old days at WSFC ;)
I'm doing good and well I'm still following Mess music a bit even though i'm not buying all his albums like I used to...
What about you? what's good? Still have connection with old members? B-Dawg, Kicket, etc.
Anx I agree with you on Rittz, he's a good rapper and he's topping charts too, he debuted Johnny Valiant at #25 on billboard 200 selling 14k on his first week.

bouli77

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 09:31:30 AM »
14k ? that's an impressive number in this day & age considering it came out like 2 days ago, and considering they're independent, they must have recouped the money already. I downloaded it but i'll post on it later when i'm finished listening to it.

yeah I'm still in touch with a few cats like Marco, Cortez, Smoky, Mom's, Triton (who's a beatmaker now), Skeno etc. only through Facebook though.

bouli77

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 05:07:47 PM »
been playing the albums and it's very good, Rittz's flow is sharp as ever with his chopper flow. some of the production is amazing as well

favorite cuts : crown royal, bounce (feat. twista), living a dream (with trae) and white rapper.

the lyrical content is not bad either even though it's not very varied lol : drugs, alcohol, being broke and coming up as a white rapper in the game,

tech 9ne is nowhere to be found though, he's not even executive producing the album, strange  ??? (no pun intended)

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 02:39:25 AM »
And it sold pretty well too! 24k the first week is very impressive!