Author Topic: Dr. Dre Releasing New Material In 2015 and Unreleased NWA song  (Read 1661 times)

dnjp4life

Re: Dr. Dre Releasing New Material In 2015 and Unreleased NWA song
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 01:59:24 AM »

I see Dre only doing something if the NWA movie brings enough hype for him to cash in on. he's all about that money.

Yeah, and sales too.  He'll only put his name to a project and get involved heavily if that project is guaranteed to sell nicely.  I guess he's got some production work in the bag, but I don't expect to see any new solo material from him ever again at this point.

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2014, 07:45:51 AM »
Xzibit confirmed it, Dre will release new music in 2015. And it will be on new Xzibit's album too.

Dre was with Xzibit like 40 times in studio for what I've seen, and what went into the public. I can underestand 10 times if he produces new X but why 40? He was with him in Hawaii, LA, everywhere where Dre went there was X. I think Dre is doing huge comeback and he'll produce albums for some West Coast cats just to get that sound back on the map and the West back on the map.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2014, 11:30:35 AM »
Detox baby its coming

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2014, 12:20:19 PM »
when dre is involved i believe it when it is really available. tyrese did a great job on the thugs mansion remix that leaked this year.

Matty

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2014, 01:35:35 PM »
Detox baby its coming

this guy knows whats up, detox baby.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2014, 01:43:00 PM »

I see Dre only doing something if the NWA movie brings enough hype for him to cash in on. he's all about that money.
  I have to disagree with this.  If that were the case, he would be churning out albums left and right.  He never finished that NWA reunion album, which if properly pushed following the massive momentum of 2001, Marshall Mathers LP, and the success of the Up In Smoke Tour, would have earned him huge profits across the board.  He waited on Detox to the point where the peak sales potential has most definitely expired.  This is the one criticism of Dre I have never quite understood.  If he only cares about money, he is sure going about in a weird way.  Hell, prior to launching "Beats", he had next to no outside ventures as a mogul and he's been in the game for over 25 years.  His own artist, 50 Cent, was putting his name on anything he could within weeks of blowing up.

Don Seer

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2014, 02:03:26 PM »
I think the difference is that he seems to not be a big risk taker - for his personal brand it has to be a sure fire thing. Beats making so much means he has less on the line these days

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2014, 02:17:55 PM »
all he needs to do is make some classic music instead of catering to the mainstream bullshit (like he tried doin with i need a doctor).....if he makes some genuine music, it will sell regardless.

Don Seer

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2014, 03:09:25 PM »
Yeah I guess he tests the waters and to see what the interest is like

HighEyeCue

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2014, 03:36:23 PM »
as long as he is producing I am looking forward to it but haven't been impressed with his rapping on the few tracks he has been on the last few years...I know he was never a real MC but he had a good delivery during the Chronic days

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2014, 09:06:21 AM »
as long as he is producing I am looking forward to it but haven't been impressed with his rapping on the few tracks he has been on the last few years...I know he was never a real MC but he had a good delivery during the Chronic days

he's trying to experiment a bit too much...tryna keep up with the current flow you hear all over the radio, when it would probably be best for him to just do him. he's doin some of that high pitch, choppy, new aged kendrick shit (actually didn't sound too bad on "the recipe"). but a lot of that falls on his writers. i have faith that he'll come full circle and go back to the basics for the NWA film.

bouli77

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2014, 09:10:07 AM »
I thought he sounded good on the recipe and popped off with TI

Raphael

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2014, 01:45:20 PM »
He needs to stick with 1 or 2 ghostwriters. His rapping on 2001 went from great (Still DRE, The Watcher) to embarrassing (Let's Get High).

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2014, 02:06:06 PM »
dre is like 50 years old now. i no longer give a fuck and have moved on.

Raphael

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2014, 02:09:38 PM »
dre is like 50 years old now. i no longer give a fuck and have moved on.
I bet he feels the same way.