Author Topic: Get ready for that new Kendrick album.  (Read 2025 times)

bouli77

Re: Get ready for that new Kendrick album.
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 01:44:35 AM »
i really don't hear dre's signature sound on GKMC, what concepts of his are you referring to for the album ?

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 02:06:20 AM »
i havent heard it in a while, so i cant say off top...i remember hearing a lot of dre-esque structures n alla that when i listened to it (back when it first came out)

Will_B

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2014, 02:59:13 AM »
Nah man it sounds like Dre had zero influence on the album aside from COMPTON

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 10:53:09 AM »
problem is, kendrick is part of the new age of rappers who killed off regional sounds.

lol, you've shaded Kendrick for years on here for this reason. Pretty weak reason to dislike a rapper.

aerroc

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 11:59:45 AM »
problem is, kendrick is part of the new age of rappers who killed off regional sounds.

lol, you've shaded Kendrick for years on here for this reason. Pretty weak reason to dislike a rapper.

ignorant reason bet he never heard a track

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2014, 12:17:28 PM »
i really don't hear dre's signature sound on GKMC, what concepts of his are you referring to for the album ?
I have no idea what the fuck he's talking about lol. Dre's sound was nowhere to be found. Plus it was mentioned many times in interviews. Dre wasn't even doing shit during that time. He was all about the Beats business. All he did was overlook the project but he wasn't heavily involved. It's obvious.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 12:18:59 PM by LAC/EASTSIDE »
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2014, 12:35:53 PM »

ignorant reason bet he never heard a track

you just lost your bet, because i heard both "section 80" and "gkmc"...i thought they were both good. but i come from an era where regional sounds are a staple of hip-hop. just like being a man and being a woman has been lost over the years (nowadays, men act like women, women act like men)...same with rap. there is no longer a signature sound for the west coast, and kendrick has heavily contributed to that. he doesn't have to rap over outdated g-funk beats- thats not what im saying. but it would be nice to have a regional identity, as every legend to date has had. rap is overall getting watered down, because almost everyone sounds identical. like i've always maintained, kendrick is a great technical rapper.. but his character seems very fickle on the mic. too much technicalities, not enough soul. just one mans opinion.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2014, 12:39:32 PM »
I have no idea what the fuck he's talking about lol. Dre's sound was nowhere to be found. Plus it was mentioned many times in interviews. Dre wasn't even doing shit during that time. He was all about the Beats business. All he did was overlook the project but he wasn't heavily involved. It's obvious.
true story

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2014, 12:42:50 PM »

wtf u talkin about...didnt dre mix a good portion of the songs? not my fault if u dont have the ear to hear it. mr. prescription and under pressure dont sound like dre either, but u can hear when dre has his hands on somethin based on the structure, drops, build-ups, fine-tuning, etc. most people wont notice, but when u truly know dre's touch, it's not hard to figure out..might not be obvious off top, but there are dre elements sprinkled all over that album.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2014, 05:22:47 PM »

wtf u talkin about...didnt dre mix a good portion of the songs? not my fault if u dont have the ear to hear it. mr. prescription and under pressure dont sound like dre either, but u can hear when dre has his hands on somethin based on the structure, drops, build-ups, fine-tuning, etc. most people wont notice, but when u truly know dre's touch, it's not hard to figure out..might not be obvious off top, but there are dre elements sprinkled all over that album.

Man just stfu already ha. Cut the BS. Nobody he is agreeing with you. You're the only fool thinking Dre's sound was all over the album. Are you deaf or what? I just told you that Dre overlooked the project and did some mixing. That means he had his hands on "something". But you knew what I meant all along.

" based on the structure, drops, build-ups, fine-tuning, etc." Now you're making shit up, trying to get scientific. Fake ass DJ Quik lol.

How many tracks did Dre produce?....

Kendrick also explained why his debut with Dr. Dre, good kid, m.A.A.d city, didn't feature any production from the good doctor, unlike Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle, Eminem's Slim Shady LP, and 50 Cent's Get Rich or Die Tryin'. "Basically Dre just told me to go out there and do my own thing. See the thing about it is, people get so caught up in the hype with just being with Dre, they just figured he had to stand over your back the whole time while you’re doing music. He looked at me as an artist, cause I already had like three street albums out: Kendrick Lamar EP, O.D. and Section.80."

Kendrick elaborated, explaining that Dre was content with and confident in his artist's formula. "He said I was already ready. All I needed to do is go out and continue to do what I’m doing. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. That was the main thing he was always saying. By the time I came and turned the album in to him in, that was when we were supposed to lock in the studio and do some records. But he decided and said ‘You’re done. You don’t need to go back in with me. Because you have all the records here."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.23280/title.kendrick-lamar-says-he-doesn-t-feel-pressure-talks-lack-of-dr-dre-beats-on-album

Case Closed!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 05:28:02 PM by LAC/EASTSIDE »
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

aerroc

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2014, 08:58:44 PM »
some people just cant face the facts kendrick dont need no dre to make hit records all he really needs is tde in house production the same team hes been working with since the beginning they know him better then anybody and like some one already said here he already had street albums
kendrick dont need a shit load of ft like your favorites do hes better alone or with another tde artist and remember tde has creative control on Kendricks music that means aftermath cant fuck his shit up

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2014, 01:19:54 AM »

Man just stfu already ha. Cut the BS. Nobody he is agreeing with you. You're the only fool thinking Dre's sound was all over the album. Are you deaf or what? I just told you that Dre overlooked the project and did some mixing. That means he had his hands on "something". But you knew what I meant all along.

" based on the structure, drops, build-ups, fine-tuning, etc." Now you're making shit up, trying to get scientific. Fake ass DJ Quik lol.

How many tracks did Dre produce?....

Kendrick also explained why his debut with Dr. Dre, good kid, m.A.A.d city, didn't feature any production from the good doctor, unlike Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle, Eminem's Slim Shady LP, and 50 Cent's Get Rich or Die Tryin'. "Basically Dre just told me to go out there and do my own thing. See the thing about it is, people get so caught up in the hype with just being with Dre, they just figured he had to stand over your back the whole time while you’re doing music. He looked at me as an artist, cause I already had like three street albums out: Kendrick Lamar EP, O.D. and Section.80."

Kendrick elaborated, explaining that Dre was content with and confident in his artist's formula. "He said I was already ready. All I needed to do is go out and continue to do what I’m doing. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. That was the main thing he was always saying. By the time I came and turned the album in to him in, that was when we were supposed to lock in the studio and do some records. But he decided and said ‘You’re done. You don’t need to go back in with me. Because you have all the records here."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.23280/title.kendrick-lamar-says-he-doesn-t-feel-pressure-talks-lack-of-dr-dre-beats-on-album

Case Closed!

you guna break down and cry about it? calm down, brodie...lol. "no one here is agreeing with you" << is that supposed to make what youre saying more valid? dr. dre mixed 10 tracks on the album, not "some mixing" http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=289274.0 .. that means he had his hands all over the composition of most the songs.  no need to get mad if u can't hear it. of course, he didn't produce it in the same sense he did "doggystyle", but he definitely had his hand in the overall sound of the album. mixing is much more than you think. sure, kendrick already had a particular sound before he fucked wit dre. necro has a particular sound too...give dre some necro beats+vocals to mix, and you'll hear the same basic necro sound, but the quality of the music, the structure, the crispiness, etc. will be enhanced ten-fold..and mixing a song means you're guna throw your own touches on it. sure, it's still guna be the sound necro came with, but dre would make it into something else. what was known as producing back then has been relegated to mixing. like i said, a producer is not a beatmaker..but times change, and thats what it essentially has become. lets not forget, eminem also had his own sound before fuckin wit dre; the shit he was doin wit bass brothers. dre did basically the same thing with eminem as he did with kendrick, kept the overall sound the same and added a few touches here and there. only three songs off slim shady lp were actually credited to dre (in terms of production)...with GKMC, i dont really remember off top, but from what i remember, the mc eiht track sounded like dre had his hands all over it. back in the day, dre woulda had a production credit instead of a mixing credit on that. you can definitely thank dre for how cohesive the album sounds.

westside159

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2014, 04:46:57 AM »
Dr Dre probally produced the 2nd beat on the song Maad City with MC Eiht featured on it . But then again it sounds like a old school MC Eiht beat too , maybe MC Eiht helped produce the beat .

aerroc

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2014, 07:40:08 AM »
Dr Dre probally produced the 2nd beat on the song Maad City with MC Eiht featured on it . But then again it sounds like a old school MC Eiht beat too , maybe MC Eiht helped produce the beat .

lol MC Eiht cant even help himself :D

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2014, 08:47:12 AM »
who the fuck really cares about who produced what?? if it sounds good, it sounds good and thats all that should matter.