Author Topic: Get ready for that new Kendrick album.  (Read 2023 times)

bouli77

Re: Get ready for that new Kendrick album.
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2014, 09:53:46 AM »
Dr Dre probally produced the 2nd beat on the song Maad City with MC Eiht featured on it . But then again it sounds like a old school MC Eiht beat too , maybe MC Eiht helped produce the beat .

dre isn't even credited for the mixing for this particular track, it's produced by sounwave & terrace martin and mixed by mixed by ali. Dre co-mixed 7 tracks on the single cd edition, and mixed one (Compton) by himself.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2014, 12:45:07 PM »
i really don't hear dre's signature sound on GKMC, what concepts of his are you referring to for the album ?
I have no idea what the fuck he's talking about lol. Dre's sound was nowhere to be found. Plus it was mentioned many times in interviews. Dre wasn't even doing shit during that time. He was all about the Beats business. All he did was overlook the project but he wasn't heavily involved. It's obvious.

wtf u talkin about...didnt dre mix a good portion of the songs? not my fault if u dont have the ear to hear it. mr. prescription and under pressure dont sound like dre either, but u can hear when dre has his hands on somethin based on the structure, drops, build-ups, fine-tuning, etc. most people wont notice, but when u truly know dre's touch, it's not hard to figure out..might not be obvious off top, but there are dre elements sprinkled all over that album.

Man just stfu already ha. Cut the BS. Nobody he is agreeing with you. You're the only fool thinking Dre's sound was all over the album. Are you deaf or what? I just told you that Dre overlooked the project and did some mixing. That means he had his hands on "something". But you knew what I meant all along.

" based on the structure, drops, build-ups, fine-tuning, etc." Now you're making shit up, trying to get scientific. Fake ass DJ Quik lol.

How many tracks did Dre produce?....

Kendrick also explained why his debut with Dr. Dre, good kid, m.A.A.d city, didn't feature any production from the good doctor, unlike Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle, Eminem's Slim Shady LP, and 50 Cent's Get Rich or Die Tryin'. "Basically Dre just told me to go out there and do my own thing. See the thing about it is, people get so caught up in the hype with just being with Dre, they just figured he had to stand over your back the whole time while you’re doing music. He looked at me as an artist, cause I already had like three street albums out: Kendrick Lamar EP, O.D. and Section.80."

Kendrick elaborated, explaining that Dre was content with and confident in his artist's formula. "He said I was already ready. All I needed to do is go out and continue to do what I’m doing. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. That was the main thing he was always saying. By the time I came and turned the album in to him in, that was when we were supposed to lock in the studio and do some records. But he decided and said ‘You’re done. You don’t need to go back in with me. Because you have all the records here."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.23280/title.kendrick-lamar-says-he-doesn-t-feel-pressure-talks-lack-of-dr-dre-beats-on-album

Case Closed!

you guna break down and cry about it? calm down, brodie...lol. "no one here is agreeing with you" << is that supposed to make what youre saying more valid? dr. dre mixed 10 tracks on the album, not "some mixing" http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=289274.0 .. that means he had his hands all over the composition of most the songs.  no need to get mad if u can't hear it. of course, he didn't produce it in the same sense he did "doggystyle", but he definitely had his hand in the overall sound of the album. mixing is much more than you think. sure, kendrick already had a particular sound before he fucked wit dre. necro has a particular sound too...give dre some necro beats+vocals to mix, and you'll hear the same basic necro sound, but the quality of the music, the structure, the crispiness, etc. will be enhanced ten-fold..and mixing a song means you're guna throw your own touches on it. sure, it's still guna be the sound necro came with, but dre would make it into something else. what was known as producing back then has been relegated to mixing. like i said, a producer is not a beatmaker..but times change, and thats what it essentially has become. lets not forget, eminem also had his own sound before fuckin wit dre; the shit he was doin wit bass brothers. dre did basically the same thing with eminem as he did with kendrick, kept the overall sound the same and added a few touches here and there. only three songs off slim shady lp were actually credited to dre (in terms of production)...with GKMC, i dont really remember off top, but from what i remember, the mc eiht track sounded like dre had his hands all over it. back in the day, dre woulda had a production credit instead of a mixing credit on that. you can definitely thank dre for how cohesive the album sounds.

WTF are you talking about? You're the one that's been whining and bitching about this. You replied to me twice on that shit and I just proved to you what I meant.

"is that supposed to make what youre saying more valid?" No, you imbecile. What makes it valid is Kendrick saying it himself.

So now you want me to take your word over Kendricks lol?? Ok mija. If that's what makes you feel better. I'm not even going to waste time reading the rest of your nonsense. I just provided the proof. I don't really give a fuck what you believe or what you think you hear. Little bitches like you won't ever admit when they are wrong anyway. I already know you're going to ride this shit to the end, even if you look like an idiot.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 04:14:12 PM by LAC/EASTSIDE »
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2014, 12:49:51 PM »
Dr Dre probally produced the 2nd beat on the song Maad City with MC Eiht featured on it . But then again it sounds like a old school MC Eiht beat too , maybe MC Eiht helped produce the beat .

dre isn't even credited for the mixing for this particular track, it's produced by sounwave & terrace martin and mixed by mixed by ali. Dre co-mixed 7 tracks on the single cd edition, and mixed one (Compton) by himself.

Exactly what I stated in my original post. I clearly stated Dre did some mixing and overlooked the project. Yet this fool continues to tell me the same shit I told him,  but ignores the fact that I said Dre was going to PRODUCE in the new album.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 12:56:24 PM by LAC/EASTSIDE »
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2014, 01:20:44 PM »
calm down, son...you sound like you're on a heavy-flow period. it's not that serious. dre had an involvement in the musical aspect of the album (mixing)..if u agree with that, i dont know what else you're tryna prove? ur replying to me like i raped one of your family members...it's just a kendrick album, chill.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2014, 04:12:53 PM »
calm down, son...you sound like you're on a heavy-flow period. it's not that serious. dre had an involvement in the musical aspect of the album (mixing)..if u agree with that, i dont know what else you're tryna prove? ur replying to me like i raped one of your family members...it's just a kendrick album, chill.
You're trying too hard ese ha smh.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 04:16:39 PM by LAC/EASTSIDE »

westside159

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2014, 06:32:09 PM »

lol MC Eiht cant even help himself :D

MC Eiht produced one of the biggest hip hop / rap songs in the history of hip hop/rap it's called "Streiht up menace" That beat is MC Eiht and DJ Slip all over it  ... MC Eiht produced alot of We Come Strapped one of the best westcoast albums of all time .

aerroc

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2014, 09:27:20 PM »
who the fuck really cares about who produced what?? if it sounds good, it sounds good and thats all that should matter.

Sccit

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2014, 09:35:29 PM »

maybe you not tryin hard enough holmes?

seriously, tho, it seems like you're taking opinions on a kendrick album personal, which is pretty embarrassing, to say the least. re-read your replies, vato. sounds like u about to go into roid-rage mode n shit lol smh

aerroc

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2014, 09:36:25 PM »

MC Eiht produced one of the biggest hip hop / rap songs in the history of hip hop/rap it's called "Streiht up menace" That beat is MC Eiht and DJ Slip all over it  ... MC Eiht produced alot of We Come Strapped one of the best westcoast albums of all time .

lol nobody even remembers that song only u euros here do
now if you want to talk about real history lets talk about 2pac ;)

westside159

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2014, 09:39:32 PM »

lol nobody even remembers that song only u euros here do
now if you want to talk about real history lets talk about 2pac ;)

Streiht up menace ? WTF how don't you remember one the best hip hop songs of all time ?

aerroc

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2014, 09:45:41 PM »

[/quote]

Streiht up menace ? WTF how don't you remember one the best hip hop songs of all time ?
[/quote]

WOW WTF LMAO :D NO YOU DIDNT

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2014, 12:41:03 AM »

seriously, tho, it seems like you're taking opinions on a kendrick album personal, which is pretty embarrassing, to say the least. re-read your replies, vato. sounds like u about to go into roid-rage mode n shit lol smh

What's embarrassing is the fact that you made yourself look like an idiot. You were arguing nonsense and kept spewing BS. I let it slide, but you still continued to bitch. All of this just because you didn't have the balls to admit you were wrong. I had to literally get a source to prove it to you, just so you would stfu. Apparently it wasn't enough, since you're still here trying to play the part, using stupid punchlines that you think are clever smh.

"you sound like you're on a heavy-flow period"
"ur replying to me like i raped one of your family members"
"go into roid-rage mode n shit"

This is comical lol. You're trying too hard with your schoolyard insults ha.

Now you're trying to flip things around as if I was the one who was on your nuts, when it's clear on the text that you were the one who couldn't handle all of this. I'm not buying it homie. You're trying to sell me some BS, but I'm not buying your act. You're even mimicking Spanish words, just because I said "ese" lol smh! Poor guy. You can't even hide it through text haha. Sometimes you just need to take it on the chin and move on or you will continue to look like a clown, just like in this occasion.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 12:52:35 AM by LAC/EASTSIDE »

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2014, 01:28:41 AM »

What's embarrassing is the fact that you made yourself look like an idiot. You were arguing nonsense and kept spewing BS. I let it slide, but you still continued to bitch. All of this just because you didn't have the balls to admit you were wrong. I had to literally get a source to prove it to you, just so you would stfu. Apparently it wasn't enough, since you're still here trying to play the part, using stupid punchlines that you think are clever smh.

Now you're trying to flip things around as if I was the one who was on your nuts, when it's clear on the text that you were the one who couldn't handle all of this. I'm not buying it homie. You're trying to sell me some BS, but I'm not buying your act. You're even mimicking Spanish words, just because I said "ese" lol smh! Poor guy. You can't even hide it through text haha. Sometimes you just need to take it on the chin and move on or you will continue to look like a clown, just like in this occasion.

lmao@"punchlines"...i just call it like it is. the only thing you proved is how emotional u get over kendrick albums. and u still doin it. chill out right there, holmes.

bottom line, dre had his hands on the production of kendrick's last album. mixing an album has traditionally been part of producing it, especially when it's dre doin the mixing...if u dont agree, state your position and move along. no need to get excited over it, brodie.

All he did was overlook the project 

lol...and then u have the nerve 2 claim im the one spewing inaccurate info. it's all good, just try not to contradict yaself so much when u wanna act like u shittin on someone in a debate.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2014, 12:35:45 PM »

lmao@"punchlines"...i just call it like it is. the only thing you proved is how emotional u get over kendrick albums. and u still doin it. chill out right there, holmes.

bottom line, dre had his hands on the production of kendrick's last album. mixing an album has traditionally been part of producing it, especially when it's dre doin the mixing...if u dont agree, state your position and move along. no need to get excited over it, brodie.

lol...and then u have the nerve 2 claim im the one spewing inaccurate info. it's all good, just try not to contradict yaself so much when u wanna act like u shittin on someone in a debate.
I even got you changing your name, trying to hide your identity now ha. You like the punchline joke huh lol??

You're still playing the victim role smh?? Bro, I did state my opinion from the start. The problem is that YOU couldn't move on. You kept replying to me. It's all good. I just can't take your word over Kednrick's. Sorry. I hope you understand but Dre was not involved in the manner you claim and I provided the proof. If you think Kendrick is lying, then cool. That's not my problem.

By the way, this was my original post to you. "Nah, Dre OVERLOOKED the project and did some MIXES but didn't really produce any songs".

That's basically what you're arguing, which Is why I keep telling you that you're an idiot. I mentioned this from the start. The question is whether I denied this? NO! My point was on the production side, in terms of the beats and his signature on the tracks. It's all here in text for you to read lol. You can't get out of this one mija. I'm not buying your act ha. All of this confirmed by Kendrick himself.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 12:43:04 PM by LAC/EASTSIDE »

Sccit

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2014, 01:33:19 PM »

I even got you changing your name, trying to hide your identity now ha. You like the punchline joke huh lol??

You're still playing the victim role smh?? Bro, I did state my opinion from the start. The problem is that YOU couldn't move on. You kept replying to me. It's all good. I just can't take your word over Kednrick's. Sorry. I hope you understand but Dre was not involved in the manner you claim and I provided the proof. If you think Kendrick is lying, then cool. That's not my problem.

By the way, this was my original post to you. "Nah, Dre OVERLOOKED the project and did some MIXES but didn't really produce any songs".

That's basically what you're arguing, which Is why I keep telling you that you're an idiot. I mentioned this from the start. The question is whether I denied this? NO! My point was on the production side, in terms of the beats and his signature on the tracks. It's all here in text for you to read lol. You can't get out of this one mija. I'm not buying your act ha. All of this confirmed by Kendrick himself.

it's all good, dawgy..i feel that dre did more than you credit him for. when dre mixes a song, he's usually doing a whole lot more than people realize. we can debate bout this all day, but theres no point. u even agreed wit me in the past about dre mixing a track means he basically produced it. but at the end of the day, this thread proves that we have two different view points on the term mixing. i mix a lot of songs myself, so i know just how much work goes into it, and how much of the creative aspect comes from the mixer. at the very least, feel me on that.