Author Topic: Reused Verses....  (Read 1442 times)

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: Reused Verses....
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2014, 03:22:48 PM »
What about when Drake jocked 4-Tay's verse on Who Do You Love?

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2014, 03:27:39 PM »
or jay-z on i just wanna love u (and more)

Will_B

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 12:55:13 AM »
What about when Drake jocked 4-Tay's verse on Who Do You Love?

It's ok to do it, but if its credited. If you're taking a full verse, song or hook and only changing a word or 2 then you owe the original writer. Goes without saying

makavelisimon

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2014, 10:26:19 PM »
crooked I has reused most of his 90-s stuff and early 2000 stuff in his 2008- and after era.

IO have heard over 20 and maybe over 30 times where crooked recycles his stuff.  I feel like alot of his hop hop weekly and reloaded stuff was just dope rhymes he had on virgin and death row that never got released.

how was crooked supposed to know that his 1996/7 music would be released in 2013 and 2015 on the Cstyle presents Vol1 before the pipe was open and the vol 2 coming out soon.

and when all this death row untouchable / bad guy stuff leaked, you hear all these orginal verses and bars he modified on the weekly and reloaded sessions. and even pig face, and his solo album

it makes sense for him to use some of that gold if he thought nobody would ever hear it.

I just wish he would respit some of his classics, like djs and mcs live or a reboot of it....

WestSideDon

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 11:11:40 AM »
I also noticed snoops part on "What Y'all Want" by Krazy from NL is partly recycled from his unreleased song "Nightmares" with goldie loc
But that joint is way doper than the lame version that was officially released

WestSideDon

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2014, 07:05:11 AM »
Found another one:

Snoops Verse from Snoop Bounce (the 3rd one) and one verse from techniec in Usual Suspects have the same 6 bars or somethin at the beginning...

aerroc

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2014, 07:29:50 AM »
2pac after the fire comes the rain

WestSideDon

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2015, 08:04:29 AM »
2pac after the fire comes the rain

And what other song ?  ;D

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2015, 04:08:22 PM »
kurupt did this all the time

un0mic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Aaaaaaannnd weeeeeee'reeeeee baaaaaaaaack!!!
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2015, 01:56:53 PM »
the thing about reused verses is that only fans of the artist point it out. its the haters who hear the fans that blow it out of proportion.
Wowzers!
L.A.M.B. Bitch!
-M.O.

WestSideDon

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2015, 06:26:24 AM »
Yeah it seems pretty common for many artists to do that a few times

WestSideDon

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2015, 04:27:37 AM »
Does anyone here know Anymore examples especially from the dr days ?

WestSideDon

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2015, 05:53:41 AM »
found another one:

Dogg Pound 4 Life & O.G. (by Snoop, Nate, Daz) has the identical verse by snoop (the short one)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2015, 01:11:08 PM »
Regarding the Death Row artists and songs, it was common practice there to 'cut and paste' verses, and rerecord stuff. There was some interview where a producer (Glove?) said that most of the vault was just reels containing elements of songs and there was nothing really that 'finished' (Dre just used to mash it all together)...but enough stuff for a bunch of albums if they ever put it together.

So yeah, I'm ok with it. Stuff got shelved or delayed and the artists just wanted for their shit to get heard. It's interesting from a historical point of view tho

word.. exactly...

...Since I am a quality over quantity kind of fan I have no problem with it.  I would rather listen to a quality verse 100 times then 100 different wack verses.

It seems like I have heard a lot of reused Snoop verses, like the verse he used on Warren's I Want It All album for "Game Don't Wait" it seemed like I heard on a couple other songs.  Then of course Eminem has a lot of reused stuff that somehow gets labeled a "Freestyle" when it is clearly not a freestyle.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

WestSideDon

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2015, 11:18:29 AM »
Right now I'm checkin some more of the Dead Man Walkin/Lost Sessions/Greatest Hits cuts there are surely 2 or 3 more reused verses on there I think...
But as I said can't blame them a bit, not all of the songs were ever really planned to be released, so there was obiousley a lot of testing of the verses on different beats..