Author Topic: Mekkan Refugee in studio with Infinite as he records his fourth album....  (Read 442 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Mekkan Refugee:  So first tell us the reason for album number 4, and then the direction of the album.

Infinite:  Well, since my last album I've taken another trip to Africa and even since moved to a new country.  So because of that I feel there is now enough life experience for me to draw from to make another album.

Mekkan Refugee:  So what's the early direction of your album and how far along are you in the process.

Infinite: Originally I had this joint called "I Killed Hip-Hop" ("I Killed Hip-Hop here: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12731487).  That song was going to be the basis and title for my new album.  But I ended up just throwing it onto the end of my Angry Meetz Crazy album with Yatz.  Unfortunately I was just to busy at the time, and I was more interested in the battle scene that was in KC at the time.  Now that I have moved away, there is no battle scene here, and I also have more time for recording.

Mekkan Refugee:  So what do you have so far?

Infinite:  Nothing.. just some notes I took in my journal, notes from my last trip to Africa that will provide the basis for my new album.  Stuff like this:

Tired, fatigue when i need to feel strength/
miss my seed like Ashley in 96/
Cause i lay  in bed in mornings
figurin the courage  to get up/
but its better than past stuff that plagued me,
like thinking vainly, loafing in case of skull daily.
so i view it poetically
like i used to when my soul was developing like pictures,
reading scriptures and rap lyrics,
making an ocean of words
to express a plethora of emotions.

Mekkan Refugee:  So that's some shit you wrote in Africa:

Infinite:  Yeah... it was so fuccin hott when I went this last time.  I wanted to reach Africa in time for the Eid holiday, and I had never gone so early in the year.  It was actually at the end of the rainy season and still well before the tourist season.  I remember going for a jog on the beach there and feeling like I was the only person in the whole country.  All the locals were busy planning for Eid and then none of the tourists had came because it was too hot or rumors of Ebola had scared them away.

Mekkan Refugee:  Anything else?

Infinite:  Yeah of course.  You know, women, love, is always an impetus for writing.  I had a relationship in 2013 that I want to speak on for a song or two, I already have material for it from my journal, just got to put it together.  Also, I might speak on some political topics going on in the US, or about the wars going on in a lot of Arab countries.  So stay tuned:

« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 01:30:06 PM by Infinite African Westcoastin 2014 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)