Author Topic: Jets hire Todd Bowles  (Read 162 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Jets hire Todd Bowles
« on: January 13, 2015, 08:14:52 PM »
 8)

i wanted Dan Quinn until I realized he's basically just been given the best defense in the league for 2 years.  they were just as good before he got there but the offense wasn't.

Remedy360

Re: Jets hire Todd Bowles
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 12:12:07 AM »
Quinn just strikes me as a guy that will be a good coach by the kind of presence he has, as opposed to a guy like Derrell Bevell who has also interviewed for a few positions.  Its hard to say whether he makes a big difference here compared to what someone else could do, but hiring the coordinators off the top teams just seems like the thing 90% of teams in the NFL want to do. Its not like AZ didn't have a stacked defense either, they just got stuck playing with QB's that kept them on the field. I will say that the Seahawks don't really do anything out of the ordinary with their defense as far as blitzes and other exotic packages, it really is heavily based around the personnel. I think something else though is that teams want a piece of the Pete Carroll culture that's driven the team to this kind of success and Quinn has been around him for a while and kinda has a similar personality. Anyways, I heard that the Jets were ready to fly out and hire him had we lost to Carolina but nobody wants to wait through a long playoff run.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 12:18:22 AM by Remedy360 »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 08:21:12 AM »
Dan Quinn is overrated. He's got the greatest secondary I've seen, great front seven, greatest fan base to fuck up the opponents offensive communication and coaches under God's gift to football outside of Nick Saban.

After Rex, I feel like Bowles personality won't make it here. We'll see.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 01:28:09 PM »
i wonder what the Jets will do at QB.  I don't want them to draft one in the first round unless the Jets go out and sign 2 good WR's

Ivory and Powell stay at RB...Chris Johnson can be 3rd string.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 01:34:59 PM »
Todd McShay projects the Bucs to draft Mariota. I can't see the Titans sticking with Mettenberger though, they'll probably take Jameis.

But if we can survive the first two picks without Jamies the Jags, Raiders & Redskins won't draft a QB; the we're set.