Author Topic: East Coast vs. West Coast.....2003....  (Read 134 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
East Coast vs. West Coast.....2003....
« on: April 04, 2003, 09:51:16 AM »
Most people will say that the West and East are now allies, and that rap has made a lotta progress from the media's alledged "East/West Rivalry.' But if u ask me, it's still sorta bullshit. The East runs hip hop right now...but they kiss west coast ass to get west coast support. West Coast residents listen to more East coast than west right now. True, most of the artists OUT from the east are better than whos OUT from the west...but with people like Dre not even takin chances with new West Coast artists, such as how he did Hittman, the west is still suffering hella lot. At one time, Down South LOVED west coast music...I go to school in florida now, and they discriminate against basically anything West thats not snoop or 2pac or dre...what does that say? Soon as they hear it, they are like ah some west coast bullshit. At the clubs, we might hear 3 west coast songs a nite....one being the new 2Pac, and then 2 throwback songs that are eithe snoop or pac.
Yeah the East and the West are coo now, but fuck that, The west needs to regain respect. Nas, Jay-Z, Freeway, 50 Cent, constantly make references to L.A., talkin bout crenshaw, bloods and crips, and other shit, which to me is just them kissin west coast ass so we can say "oh they like us, they are coo with us." That might be sorta true but aside from workin with a few west coast artists, they could care less about the west...they just want us to buy their records.
I don't want some more bullshit east vs west to start but shit, we need to make a return because I DOUBT dre is gonna put on anybody new with Detox....and it makes us look even worst when Dre fucks with other artists because he is the only w/c producer who people around the whole country like, and its like if dre aint fuckin with the west, we aren't either.

2k2

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re:East Coast vs. West Coast.....2003....
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2003, 12:31:30 PM »
IMO right now the West has some talent ,but not the charisma to blow up. If Crooked I was on another label he could blow up wit the right promotion. As for Dre he has 2 Compton representitives on Aftermath. Shuanta and The Game. The Game has been on a few mix tapes lately and We've heard Shuanta on some tracks. I'm guessing they have those devlopemental contracts and Dre will put them on the front line if he feels the streets have a buzz for one or both of them. I guess we won't know until we hear Rakim, Cube, Detox, Knoc(L.A. Confidential), Detox, and whatever Dre has in mind for us these days. If the Big 3 west coast Labels(Aftermath, Death Row, DoggyStyle)  could come together and make music instead of beefing the West would be on top of the music indusrty not just the rap game.
Peace

Mudpole

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2003, 12:40:37 PM »
It's sad to see what the west has become, west coast
was the power house in the rap world. It lost its power
when Dre left Death Row and then Pac died, and shit
ain't been the same since. But I suppose you could
blame Dre for what he has created with his love for the
east over the west. West coast needs some young cats
now, even though there still Snoop,Cube and Dre they
can't rebuild the greatness of the West that they did
back in the 90's without the young cats like Crooked I
but Crooked made the wrong business decision by hooking
up with tha row.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2003, 09:09:31 PM »
Basically, this is how it is...

Snoop: is the whole West right now...

Xzibit: needs ONE catchy single with good promtion, and he'll blow up...I guarantee...

Dre: needs to release his new album as soon as he can...

Knoc-Turnal: wont blow up...

Crooked I: is amazing, but it's hard to believe he'll ever blow up...

Ras Kass: has no commercial appeal whatsoever, but if the Golden State album dropped, that could possibly blow up and give him the respect he deserves...

Shade Sheist: had his chance to blow up when "Where I Wanna Be" was a huge hit, but took too long to release his album.

Ice Cube: needs to drop his fuckin album before 2004, because I guarantee it will be a huge sucess...

Westside Connection: wont go more than platinum...

Shaunta: won't blow...

The Game: won't blow...

Hittman: has no chance...

King T: is too late...

Tha Liks: had their chance with the last album, but flopped...

I can go on forever, but I'll stop now...PeACe