Author Topic: New Jerry Heller Intervew.....Shits on Ice Cube, talks NWA, Bone Thugs, etc.  (Read 1957 times)

JeremyM

Snoop's ghostwriter probably fucked it up, truth be told. Very few celebrities write their own autobiographies.

And that is correct, Tha Crossroads remix didn't drop until April 1996 and the album had been out for awhile. Not sure when the pressings changed, but they put a big sticker on them that said it features the Mo Thugs remix of Tha Crossroads. E. 1999 was released in July 1995. Wiki claims the European versions are the ones with the remix as track 18.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I don't understand why the interviewer kept pushing that line of question about why Hellar didn't bring in any other producers besides Dre.   There were other dope producers at Ruthless.  Some even argue that Hutch/Above the Law elevated Dre's game and were ahead of Dre with the GFunk production that Dre would later make famous.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

bouli77

I own the european version of E. 1999 Eternal with the remix version of Crossroads.

I agree with Infinite, there were very dope producers at Ruthless not named Dre : DJ Yella, Chris "The Glove" Taylor, Rhythm D., Big Hutch, etc.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I own the european version of E. 1999 Eternal with the remix version of Crossroads.

I agree with Infinite, there were very dope producers at Ruthless not named Dre : DJ Yella, Chris "The Glove" Taylor, Rhythm D., Big Hutch, etc.

yeah.. it was a strange line of questioning at that point.  And then Hellar kept just answering that all he needed was Dre... and the interviewer just kept pushing it and Hellar just kept saying all he needed was Dre but saying it in different ways to try to satisfy the question but the interviewer was never satisfied... and all the while Yella, The Glove, Rhythm D, Hutch, etc. were never mentioned.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

yeah.. it was a strange line of questioning at that point.  And then Hellar kept just answering that all he needed was Dre... and the interviewer just kept pushing it and Hellar just kept saying all he needed was Dre but saying it in different ways to try to satisfy the question but the interviewer was never satisfied... and all the while Yella, The Glove, Rhythm D, Hutch, etc. were never mentioned.

i think he was talkin bout for NWA, not ruthless in general

EAZY-LI

i think he was talkin bout for NWA, not ruthless in general

he mentions Yella at the end.
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
i didn't check the interview yet, but i assume we've heard most of it before.

He just says he and Eazy didn't steal any money. What he's not saying is they gave cube and them bad deals. Cube was smart and chose not to sign the next bad deal and bounced.
the same deals that he gave to his artists?  :P

dj coma

He just says he and Eazy didn't steal any money. What he's not saying is they gave cube and them bad deals. Cube was smart and chose not to sign the next bad deal and bounced.

Exactly! In Welcome To Death Row, Dick Griffey called the Ruthless deals "The worst deals he's ever seen in the history of the music business."