Author Topic: Demarcus Cousins Got Charles Barkley Feelin Some Typa Way  (Read 1444 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Demarcus Cousins Got Charles Barkley Feelin Some Typa Way
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 05:22:53 AM »
Right now, Cousins is over Dwight, easy, not even close. At their best, Dwight was better than Cousins, as he led the Magic to the Finals in a very weak east. With all that said, I would rather have Cousins now, next year and every year going forward.

Now, is Cousins good, yes. But is he ready to be "consulted" when it comes to hiring a coach. Oh hell no. Cousins is not there mentally. He just isn't. He may never be there. He is a great athlete and basketball player, but he isn't ready for that type of responsibility. Their GM needs to earn their check and hire a coach who will coach Cousins correctly, not be his friend.

Dickgrabber Dwight didn't lead shit, U coulda had Tyson Chandler on those Magic teams and they still woulda made finals in that weakass east.....Stan Van Gundy had a unique system that made Dwight look better than he actually was. That is all.

Damn, Dwight still has you catching feelings. LOL

I ain't saying Cousins can't be better than Dwight at his best.  But Howard in his prime was better than Cousins now. But Cousins is improving, and Howard is declining like crazy. And let's face it, Cousins has a very low basketball IQ. Howard had SVG. And SVG had a system that made Howard look amazing. And that's just the reality of the game. Could Kobe win 5 titles without Phil? Could Jordan win 6? Could Bill Russell win 11 titles without Red? Does Showtime take off without Jerry West building the greatest talent ever? It happened, Howard had SVG and he looked fucking amazing. Now he sucks. SVG hid all his weaknesses and now Cousins is rising. But Cousins needs a better basketball IQ. (by the end of this, I'll have Sccit say Cousins is the fucking Einstein of basketball... LOL)

cant handle the truth? Dwight is currently in his prime...thats my point. In Orlando, Stan Van Gundy simply had a picture perfect game plan that played to his strengths. it made him look much better than he really is. surround the perimeter with great three point shooters, and put dwight on the inside alone, where he can use his athleticism to gobble up offensive rebounds for easy putbacks, and get spoonfed dunks galore. both hedo turkoglu and rashard lewis were puttin up about 20 ppg on those teams (mostly from the perimeter), which helped draw the defense around the three point-line, leavin dwight alone on an island down low. played to his strengths 1000fold and made him falsely appear to be a superstar. i said it back then and it's bein exposed now that he's just a glorified tyson chandler. go look back, i even said it when he was in LA. what can i say, im good at seein through people and dwight's entire MO has been apparent to me from day 1. now Cousins, he's more skilled in every facet, only less athletic. he easily has a higher basketball IQ than Dwight...can he be immature and over-emotional? no doubt about it...but that doesnt make him dumb, just a kid who needs to grow up to realize his true potential. still, like i said, far more skilled and capable than Dwight, by a long shot.

You just described the game plan that most coaches use to win with a dominate big man in the middle. You basically said, SVG saw how to win with other dominate big men, and copied that. And I don't knock Howard for that. And I agree with the Chandler comparisons, the difference is I love Chandler and would have loved him to have joined the Lakers. If the Lakers got Chandler instead of Howard, then I think Tyson would have been a better fit both game wise, and especially maturity. But yeah. And Howard is out of his prime. Like LeBron who I predicted a long time ago would leave his prime by 30 (and he has), Howard's game was all about his physical toughness and now he is nothing but a DNP-back injury. All great big men break down the way Howard is right now,
But Howard is doing it way earlier.

As for Cousins. He has better skills, but he has a very low EQ, and basketball IQ. Both can be fixed. But he needs to want to fix them. He is on his way to being the best big man in the game. But that's up to him and if he wants to improve his mental part of his game. If he wants to take it to the next level, then he needs to improve on this. Of the Kings need to build a system, like SVG did with Howard, that Cousins can be supported and with with.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 06:59:48 AM »
once cousins grows some hairs on his balls and mans up,

He'll be fine, the man has natural all around skills.

but dwight man, i NEVER liked his game. sure i was happy he was coming to the lakers, but when that trade happened it was the knowledge that dwight was going to be a 3rd or 4th option behind Kobe, Gasol, Nash, and such.

Considering you have these 3 players that can make plays for you, hell be the 3rd option and let nash sit back at set you up and such. The fact that dwight wanted to play make in the post instead of gasol was BEYOND me. I was like are you for real? Not to mention having a coach that hates post play didnt help either.

Cmon you guys are nearly saying the same thing. Dwight was always a mediocre player (all around, defensive beast yes), the fact that he had a team and system catered to him gave him those numbers.

Shooters in all 4 positions, with basically all of them able to make plays for you. Howard is probably one of the most overrated bigs i'd ever seen in my life.

cousins just needs to play the right way, but this nigga has a mentality of a 14 year old. i blame the owners, coaches have no pull today because owners want to keep their stars and potential stars happy.

Dwight and Cousins could both use a good whipping.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 07:50:24 AM »

Cmon you guys are nearly saying the same thing. Dwight was always a mediocre player (all around, defensive beast yes), the fact that he had a team and system catered to him gave him those numbers.

The difference, I am saying Bud taste better and Sccit is saying Bud Light... LOL... he just likes to argue just to argue. And I'm just waiting for him to challenge the basketball IQ argument and make Cousins into the next Magic Johnson.

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 10:47:42 AM »
Right now, Cousins is over Dwight, easy, not even close. At their best, Dwight was better than Cousins, as he led the Magic to the Finals in a very weak east. With all that said, I would rather have Cousins now, next year and every year going forward.

Now, is Cousins good, yes. But is he ready to be "consulted" when it comes to hiring a coach. Oh hell no. Cousins is not there mentally. He just isn't. He may never be there. He is a great athlete and basketball player, but he isn't ready for that type of responsibility. Their GM needs to earn their check and hire a coach who will coach Cousins correctly, not be his friend.

Dickgrabber Dwight didn't lead shit, U coulda had Tyson Chandler on those Magic teams and they still woulda made finals in that weakass east.....Stan Van Gundy had a unique system that made Dwight look better than he actually was. That is all.

I ain't saying Cousins can't be better than Dwight at his best.  But Howard in his prime was better than Cousins now. But Cousins is improving, and Howard is declining like crazy. And let's face it, Cousins has a very low basketball IQ. Howard had SVG. And SVG had a system that made Howard look amazing. And that's just the reality of the game. Could Kobe win 5 titles without Phil? Could Jordan win 6? Could Bill Russell win 11 titles without Red? Does Showtime take off without Jerry West building the greatest talent ever? It happened, Howard had SVG and he looked fucking amazing. Now he sucks. SVG hid all his weaknesses and now Cousins is rising. But Cousins needs a better basketball IQ. (by the end of this, I'll have Sccit say Cousins is the fucking Einstein of basketball... LOL)

cant handle the truth? Dwight is currently in his prime...thats my point. In Orlando, Stan Van Gundy simply had a picture perfect game plan that played to his strengths. it made him look much better than he really is. surround the perimeter with great three point shooters, and put dwight on the inside alone, where he can use his athleticism to gobble up offensive rebounds for easy putbacks, and get spoonfed dunks galore. both hedo turkoglu and rashard lewis were puttin up about 20 ppg on those teams (mostly from the perimeter), which helped draw the defense around the three point-line, leavin dwight alone on an island down low. played to his strengths 1000fold and made him falsely appear to be a superstar. i said it back then and it's bein exposed now that he's just a glorified tyson chandler. go look back, i even said it when he was in LA. what can i say, im good at seein through people and dwight's entire MO has been apparent to me from day 1. now Cousins, he's more skilled in every facet, only less athletic. he easily has a higher basketball IQ than Dwight...can he be immature and over-emotional? no doubt about it...but that doesnt make him dumb, just a kid who needs to grow up to realize his true potential. still, like i said, far more skilled and capable than Dwight, by a long shot.

You just described the game plan that most coaches use to win with a dominate big man in the middle. You basically said, SVG saw how to win with other dominate big men, and copied that. And I don't knock Howard for that. And I agree with the Chandler comparisons, the difference is I love Chandler and would have loved him to have joined the Lakers. If the Lakers got Chandler instead of Howard, then I think Tyson would have been a better fit both game wise, and especially maturity. But yeah. And Howard is out of his prime. Like LeBron who I predicted a long time ago would leave his prime by 30 (and he has), Howard's game was all about his physical toughness and now he is nothing but a DNP-back injury. All great big men break down the way Howard is right now,

As for Cousins. He has better skills, but he has a very low EQ, and basketball IQ. Both can be fixed. But he needs to want to fix them. He is on his way to being the best big man in the game. But that's up to him and if he wants to improve his mental part of his game. If he wants to take it to the next level, then he needs to improve on this. Of the Kings need to build a system, like SVG did with Howard, that Cousins can be supported and with with.

thats the game plan most people use? what are u talkin about?? no traditional coach uses that system, especially not at that time. stan van gundy was one of the first coaches to use all swings and really helped popularize the stretch 4. as soon as u put dwight on a traditional team, his weaknesses instantly get exposed. what stan van gundy did for dwight coulda been done for javale mcgee too. thats my point. a glorified garbage man who was fabricated into a star.

and explain how u can have "very low basketball iq" when ur knowledge of the game is top-of-the-line?...demarcus is a student of the game and has seemingly studied every facet there is. he can shoot, pass, score inside, outside, defend, rebound, counters etc. etc....thats the definition of basketball iq. low basketball iq is some1 like dwight, who only has 1 move with no counters and refuses to develop his game, relying soley on athleticism to score. ur confusing cousin's immaturity with low basketball iq, and i already addressed that in my previous post, yet u still sittin here rehashing it.

Doc Rivers: “The one thing with Cousins, I don’t think he’s a great athlete. He’s just really skilled. And he’s really savvy. He’s a heck of a passer. I think people get lost in the other stuff, and they don’t give him enough credit for his basketball IQ.”

fall back

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2015, 12:14:41 PM »

thats the game plan most people use? what are u talkin about?? no traditional coach uses that system, especially not at that time. stan van gundy was one of the first coaches to use all swings and really helped popularize the stretch 4. as soon as u put dwight on a traditional team, his weaknesses instantly get exposed. what stan van gundy did for dwight coulda been done for javale mcgee too. thats my point. a glorified garbage man who was fabricated into a star.

and explain how u can have "very low basketball iq" when ur knowledge of the game is top-of-the-line?...demarcus is a student of the game and has seemingly studied every facet there is. he can shoot, pass, score inside, outside, defend, rebound, counters etc. etc....thats the definition of basketball iq. low basketball iq is some1 like dwight, who only has 1 move with no counters and refuses to develop his game, relying soley on athleticism to score. ur confusing cousin's immaturity with low basketball iq, and i already addressed that in my previous post, yet u still sittin here rehashing it.

Doc Rivers: “The one thing with Cousins, I don’t think he’s a great athlete. He’s just really skilled. And he’s really savvy. He’s a heck of a passer. I think people get lost in the other stuff, and they don’t give him enough credit for his basketball IQ.”

fall back

My point is starting to be proven... LOL...  :rock:

How did Phil win with Shaq. The triangle with Shaq was basically 3 outside players and a slasher all on the outside, and Shaq clogging the middle. When your 4 is Robert Horry who was a 3 in Houston and Phoenix, and Horry's job is to hit 3's, then you have a something close to the stretch 4. Except you had Kobe slashing in the paint. Playing small and spreading the floor is nothing new. Many teams have a small line up with a big center in the middle, even pre-Dwight Howard. The difference is SVG was smart enough to make it his base offense. But many players have been in systems that coaches design for them. That's NOT new. Any coach who has made it to the NBA has to be willing to adjust to fitting their system with the set of players they have. And a player should not be penalized for having a good coach. Or you can just stop counting Kobe and Jordan's titles, or Bill Russell.

As for Cousins, I have watched a bit of Cousins. Hey, on basketball IQ, I'd say prior to this year, he let his immaturity get the best of him and it really effected his decision making. Like, it was a problem. It might stem from maturity and not a low basketball IQ, but when you let your immaturity get in the way, then that does hinder your basketball IQ and people will think less of you. I think this year, and I do mean THIS YEAR, he has shown a much higher basketball IQ. I've heard some interviews talk about how his time in Team USA this summer has really help mature his basketball IQ. I think I agree. I am so close to calling him the best big man in the game. I really am. But a half a season isn't enough for me to say that this is the man. I want to see a bit more. But right now, he is doing good. Can he pass up Dwight at Dwight's best, he's actually closer than many want to admit. BUT, and this is a huge BUT, he needs to be challenged. We can know until he's challenged. But if I had to pick between Dwight and Cousins, I'd pick Cousins 10 times out of 10. Even if both were 24 year olds. At the same point in their careers, Cousins is better than Howard. We just haven't seen Cousins at his best, we've seen Howard at his. It's a bit unfair. It's like look at Kobe at 22 and saying, he's better than Jordan. You can't say that, he hasn't done anything yet. You can say, we'll he'll be better than Jordan, you can say he has a chance to be better than Jordan. BUT you can't say he is better than Jordan. Same here. Cousins at this point is better than Howard, he has a chance to be better than Howard ever was, but he is not better than Howard at Howard's best yet. And that's unfair because we've seen a prime Dwight Howard. We have not seen Cousins in his prime.

http://fansided.com/2014/11/28/usa-basketball-changed-demarcus-cousins-game-better/

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 01:37:42 PM »
what are U talking about, Horry came off the bench, Phil used traditional big men at the 4 ala samaki walker and Horace grant .. triangle is nothin like SVGs system lolsmh. even the small forwards (Devean george, Rick fox) were average-above average shooters at best. completely different system cuzzcuzz.

and like I said, one of cousins strengths is how fundamentally sound he is, so fall back on the basketball iq thing my bro.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 01:39:22 PM by Sccit »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2015, 08:11:37 PM »
what are U talking about, Horry came off the bench, Phil used traditional big men at the 4 ala samaki walker and Horace grant .. triangle is nothin like SVGs system lolsmh. even the small forwards (Devean george, Rick fox) were average-above average shooters at best. completely different system cuzzcuzz.

and like I said, one of cousins strengths is how fundamentally sound he is, so fall back on the basketball iq thing my bro.

An IQ that wasn't clear until this year. Before that he was his own worst enemy, and no one disputes that. Fall back on the basketball IQ thing my boy.

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2015, 08:18:15 PM »

An IQ that wasn't clear until this year. Before that he was his own worst enemy, and no one disputes that. Fall back on the basketball IQ thing my boy.

just admit u didnt understand the difference between basketball iq and immaturity....because demarcus cousins has always been one of the more fundamentally sound bigs in the league.

i know u want so bad to feel like u won some kinda argument...but im just speakin facts, brodie. it's like saying dwight has great back-to-the-basket game based on the fact that he gets a lot of dunks in the paint.....if u make a weirdo claim, u guna get called out on it fam. i understand what u meant, but sayin he has a low basketball iq was simply a bad way to put it...and then tryna poke fun by sayin "i bet sccit is guna come here and defend his basketball iq" as if him havin low basketball iq is some sort of definitive notion. it's clear that u confused his emotional issues with his actual playing skill, and now u realize that..............but the hard part is gettin u to admit.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2015, 08:46:33 PM »

just admit u didnt understand the difference between basketball iq and immaturity....because demarcus cousins has always been one of the more fundamentally sound bigs in the league.

i know u want so bad to feel like u won some kinda argument...but im just speakin facts, brodie. it's like saying dwight has great back-to-the-basket game based on the fact that he gets a lot of dunks in the paint.....if u make a weirdo claim, u guna get called out on it fam. i understand what u meant, but sayin he has a low basketball iq was simply a bad way to put it...and then tryna poke fun by sayin "i bet sccit is guna come here and defend his basketball iq" as if him havin low basketball iq is some sort of definitive notion. it's clear that u confused his emotional issues with his actual playing skill, and now u realize that..............but the hard part is gettin u to admit.

If you read some of my other comments, you'd realize I won this argument if you start to talk about how Cousins has a high IQ. With that said, you don't reach the NBA with a low basketball IQ, at least not on all star level. But I said over and over, his immaturity hurt his basketball IQ. I have a bad ankle, it hurts my vertical. I was a high jumper until I broke my ankle. Now does that mean I can't jump high? Or am I still a high jumper with a great vertical.

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2015, 12:37:05 AM »

you'd realize I won this argument

lmao

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2015, 07:26:44 AM »

I'm just waiting for him to challenge the basketball IQ argument and make Cousins into the next Magic Johnson.

And you are very close to making Cousins into the next genius player. And that's my goal... LOL... you know I've debated with you for so long that I know what to say to shape your arguments.

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2015, 10:55:20 AM »

I'm just waiting for him to challenge the basketball IQ argument and make Cousins into the next Magic Johnson.

And you are very close to making Cousins into the next genius player. And that's my goal... LOL... you know I've debated with you for so long that I know what to say to shape your arguments.

that was my point tho...u tried to make it seem like it was a definitive notion that demarcus cousins has low basketball IQ when it's the exact opposite. it's like sayin "next thing you know, mdogg is guna try claiming that mexicans are hispanic" .. im sure ud laugh too if i said some shit like that.

nobody said anything about "genius player"...demarcus cousins is known as an immature dude. you simply confused that for low basketball iq and got checked. now ur tryna dance around the truth instead of admitting u were wrong, pimp. i see u.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2015, 02:06:11 PM »
lol... Take away maturity, and you make it sound like dude is the next Jason Kidd.

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2015, 02:08:35 PM »
lol... Take away maturity, and you make it sound like dude is the next Jason Kidd.

hes one of the most fundamentally sound big man in the game today...its ok to be wrong sometimes brobro

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2015, 02:45:26 PM »

hes one of the most fundamentally sound big man in the game today...its ok to be wrong sometimes brobro

So you do agree he has the basketball IQ of Jason Kidd.