Author Topic: Why is it that there aren't alot of songs about killing Cracker Cops  (Read 384 times)

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I mean there's endless songs about Niggers killing Niggers but very few songs about killing Cracker Cops and settin them up.

I'm tired of the victim protest music, which is the issue now.  There ain't always two sides to a story, alotta times it just is what it is.  I'm aware that some Coons bring it on theirself and I'm aware that sometimes shit happens and you just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.  But fuck that shit, ain't no need for the distractions.

The West used to be infamous for that.  NWA, Snoop, muthafuckin Ice T.  I mean was the last time besides G-Unit that somebody put out some real shit about killin those muthafuckas, especially with all this shit in the news.  Freddie Gibbs touched on it for a second on "Pinata" but that song was on some more personal shit.

Can't have faith in Coons for shit

abusive

Re: Why is it that there aren't alot of songs about killing Cracker Cops
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 02:15:32 PM »
Most major rappers have corporate sponsors and these sponsors wont allow them to say certain controversial things. It's either their label, alcohol company, clothing line, shoemaker, video game distributor, soda company etc. Their contracts come with strings attached. Of course if a rapper had a deal with Nike, they couldn't be out doing shoes rockin' Reebok. Nor could they publically endorse their rivals brand. That's a string attached to the deal that could cause them to lose their deal. You don't think that would be a clause in their contract?

Now, let's think about how a corporation may be in bed with police interest and how what a rapper says can jeopardize them potentially millions. You seen the new Snoop ads where they are putting pressure on gun manufactures via 401 k plans?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Y5K-Ti6tQzA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Y5K-Ti6tQzA</a>

It's not a game, they trying to put these people out of business! The police unions could orchestrate similar tactics on a corporation if one of the rappers signed to them gets out of line. We have witnessed several instances of the homosexual powers causing people to lose endorsement deals based on what they have said.

Young Buck exposed how Interscope wouldn't let him drop a song about cops but of course they allowed his normal content of killing everyone else.
"About a week or so ago, rapper Young Buck made an appearance on New York's Hot 97's Angie Martinez's show to promote his new album "Buck the World", the first single of which is incredible (I love that record).

You know, it was pretty much your typical rap interview except for one revealing exchange in particular. This was when Young Buck spoke of a record addressing Police Brutality that unfortunately did not make the record? It was said in the interview that Interscope Records (home of Dr. Dre's Aftermath, Shady Records; Emenim, G Unit; 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks, Young Buck; The Lox; Jadakiss, Styles and Sheik, amongst others) has an official "Lyrics Committee."

Buck stated that it was this Interscope "lyrics committee" (more like committee of ONE person; Jimmy Iovine) that decided it best to leave the police brutality track off of the album. Their reasoning being, that they [Interscope/Jimmy Iovine] felt the record that portrayed violence against police officers could heighten the chances of a police officer getting shot or killed and that, Interscope did not want to be responsible in whole or in part for the death of a police officer. The interview went sort of like this:

Angie: There's this wild video on youtube that I just got a little clip of its called f the police
Buck: oh yeah, they wouldn't let me put that record on my album
Angie: too violent
Buck: They said it was too violent; Interscope
Angie: Interscope said too violent
Buck: they blamed it on the lyric committee, so I researched to see if it was a real lyrical committee
Angie: no they didn't
Buck: It was the lyric committee
Angie: they said the lyric committee said you can't put this out
Buck: So I went as far as trying to find out well who is the lyric committee
Angie: shut up
Buck: the lyric committee is in Interscopes building
Angie: is there really a lyrics committee, no
Buck: you tell me
Angie: nahh there's not, I'm telling you its not, that's your man Jimmy Iovine saying I don't want to deal with that

Now isn't this just fucking beautiful! A "Lyrics Committee" designed to monitor (read censor) lyrics of artist on the Interscope roster? The question I present to Interscope, the Hip Hop and Black Communities is, if Interscope sees something wrong with a rapper releasing a record addressing police brutality (because Wal-Mart won't except the record) due to fear of violence against police officers, why then is it common place to spend millions of dollars marketing the other 12 tracks on the rappers album that may heighten the violence in the black community against young blackmen, women and children????"
http://www.assatashakur.org/forum/rbg-street-scholars-think-tank/22816-informing-hip-hop-community-interscopes-lyric-committee-wise-intelligent.html

The same thing happened with Tupac even though he spoke in detail about killing cops numerous times, interscope still got at him.

Tupac's "Holler If Ya Hear Me" Message, Video Director Alleges
“There was one sequence where he pulled a gun out on an officer and a little girl in the back seat goes free,” Blake says in the interview. “Originally, the way I shot that, he killed the cop and his badge fell down in slow motion. The record label was very nervous about that.”
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.31778/title.interscope-records-censored-2pacs-holler-if-ya-here-me-message-video-director-alleges

There was controversy recently over Maino and Uncle Murder's video titled 'Don't Shoot' because in part, they had guns pointed at cops. Yet each rapper routinely raps about shooting and killing and no one ever says a word.

The connections between the prison industrial complex and the music industry have been discussed in the past. There is a relationship there and of course law enforcement plays a role. Even Freeway Rick Ross said that the person who presided over his case used to work for Universal records and the person who he was suing, William Roberts III(the rapper Rick Ross) used to be a corrections officer for the prison industrial complex. He lost that case btw.

No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 02:35:08 PM »
See I knew it had to be somethin. 

My thing is though.  Most of the Rappers/Artists today (on any level) are Independent and the likelihood of them getting a major corporate endorsement is Zero to None.  They know this too.

Also alotta them sell their own merchandise and can rent out their own spaces independently of the Label. 

I can blame the labels becuz Big Business only sleeps with Big Business.  But why aren't the Artists/Rappers/Producers actively trying to figure out ways around that loop? 

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 02:37:43 PM »
I'm actually for Gun Ownership btw.  Too many fucked up people in this world, let alone the police

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 03:36:25 PM »
Do you know who these Departments/Companies are specifically?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 03:05:29 PM »
I'm actually for Gun Ownership btw.  Too many fucked up people in this world, let alone the police
agreed.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 03:07:32 PM »
also snoop dogg had a song called murder them murderers wit kam the geffen/interscope committee most likely blocked that as well.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

smp4life

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 12:23:13 AM »
ask Ice T

BONeZ

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 07:17:46 PM »
people dont write songs about that shit.
they get on facebook and talk about it then walk up to a cracker pig and farmer john friend and do em at point blank range.
actually, get k-salam the world is ours or who's world is this? cant remember the title..... if ya wanna hear some dope shit about hittin up a few pigs.
imagine what could have happende to cube and the rest just for fuck the police.
we all seen the cops get together like a fuckin army for the cameras after they lost two...
how many people do you want puttin not just emselves but they entire families, friends and associates at risk?
would you do it?
fuck it, i dont care about anyone and ive had the pleasure of kickin a cop in the guts when i was 14 and too dumb to know better.
ive also been given a glass of water by a cop and dont remember shit until they dropped me off after gettin pulled up for drink driving.
cops are as corrupt as the criminals they act like they tryin to catch.
all they have to do is fill they quota for the day and everythings peaches and cream.....

Desert Lord

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 06:28:05 AM »
listen to some paris ..
also there are geto boys jams that touches this topic

but i agree there ain't that much songs about it, besides the track that mentioned above

Game-Won

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 07:44:18 AM »
Big L did it.. And was hard about it.. He is the only one when he said it, you had the feeling he meant that shit.

Game did 911 killa..
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe