Author Topic: Kendrick - King Kunta (sound like a Quik bassline, or what??!!)  (Read 514 times)

makaveliapostle

credits say it's produced by sounwave.....but that damn bassline, triangle, shaker, and the synth during the chorus sound so much like it's quik influenced.  so much so, i'd be curious to know if he had any ghost production on this track.  @matty and @mr. theo......any thoughts?

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Kendrick - King Kunta (sound like a Quik bassline, or what??!!)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 04:34:46 PM »
@Chadvader

Peter-5150

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 04:38:21 PM »
Its from Get Nekkid, Mausberg and Quik

From the credits:

CONTAINS INTERPOLATIONS of "GET NEKKID"

makaveliapostle

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 08:48:05 AM »
guess i was right  ;).  thanks for the info @peter-5150.  only read on the internet who produced it, cause i've been streaming it on spotify.  thanks for the interpolation details.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 11:59:51 AM »
My theory..

The producer LoVeDragon don't exist...it's a alias.

In "How Much a Dollar Cost" the producer is Dr.Dre (it's clearly a Dre beat)

In "You Ain't Gotta Lie (Momma Said)" the producer is DJ Quik. (the bassline is identical to Suga Free Why U Bullshitin), this track sound'\ like DJ Quik behind the boards.

My THEORY.

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 02:14:35 PM »
You all caps MY theory like you were the only one who thought of that.

If you ask me Dre's done a ton of ghost producing over the years, and not just the simplistic boom-bap piano chord style either. 

But I forgive you becuz of the sheer lack of variety in posting here.  The same old shit gets rehashed and rehashed over and over again.  Now the new thing is Pop Culture Headline that's literally everywhere else on every Media outlet of the Day shit.  The Dubb ain't never been like that

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 02:25:38 PM »
And since we're capping.  I actually think Dre, Kendrick, Quik, Digi Phonics group, and Terrace Martin oversaw the entire project as a collective rather than just spontaneously collaborating in the studio here and there. 

It's how great art is made.  They were doing it in the 90s and haven't stopped since.  Grand Master Caz wrote "Rapper's Delight".  That should tell you something about shit that goes on behind the scenes.  And I'm sure people collaborate from different corners all of the time.  Kevin McCall wrote "Dueces" for Chris Brown.  Tha Dogg Pound and The LBC Crew wrote for Snoop alot back in the days.  I wouldn't doubt if some of them were around for "Da Game Is To Be Sold Not To Be Told" album as well.  

50 wrote for Game, and he probably still writes or oversees for The Unit till this day and hasn't stopped.  And probably vice versa as well.  

This Industry isn't quite what you think it is.  Chris Brown and Tyga probably co-wrote alotta shit together too.  Ty$ probably ghostproduced with Mustard

Truth be told, I betchu Dre is more hands on with ALL of the Aftermath releases from the beginning till tomorrow.  He just doesn't put his name on it for fear of tarnishing his legacy.  I kinda always figured he was very finicky about his Brand and his Name
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:40:48 PM by Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D »

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 12:43:03 PM »

If you ask me Dre's done a ton of ghost producing over the years

money