Author Topic: Why is Afrocentricity so temporary and seasonal in Hip Hop  (Read 132 times)

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Why is Afrocentricity so temporary and seasonal in Hip Hop
« on: March 19, 2015, 09:39:43 AM »
I never understood it.  It's like once "The Chronic" dropped everybody wanted to be a killer. 

I mean obviously you have groups like The Roots and you got Ms. Badu and Ms. Scott but that's not what I'm talking about.

I mean, did Travon really have to die for Hip Hop to rally around Pro~Negro'ness?  If that's the cause that's really a shame.

I mean, I don't expect everybody to be my own personal Preacher but out of all the songs on the mixtapes, the albums, the features, the vines, the IGz, the twitters, and all dat, the movies...  All I'm saying is where's the Symbolism at?  The ideas, the inspirations, ufeelme

Why is it that it's only exclusive to artists like Nas and Common?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Why is Afrocentricity so temporary and seasonal in Hip Hop
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 11:47:04 AM »
cause some people are hypocritical, stupid, and selective.  the roots, common, talib, nas, erykah, dead prez been makin' that music only to fall on deaf ears now everybody up kendrick's ass like he introduced some groundbreakin' shit to hip hop.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

CORREA

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 03:44:51 PM »
cause some people are hypocritical, stupid, and selective.  the roots, common, talib, nas, erykah, dead prez been makin' that music only to fall on deaf ears now everybody up kendrick's ass like he introduced some groundbreakin' shit to hip hop.

the problem with those other artist they had all the right tools but had no charisma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 03:48:20 PM »
Not necessarily true.  I honestly believe that we've all been under psychological warfare with the shit.

Make positive rap seem corny by promoting boring artists (unlike Kendrick).  And make the more likable/hardcore artists have little to no depth to their "character".  Real shit

My thing is, why all these dudes don't say nothin, social media/interviews etc.  Even in their music on some mixtape chit.  I know it's wise to be PC at times so I understand the biting of the tongue at certain moments but all of the time is ridiculous.  No excuse for it

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 03:49:14 PM »
cause some people are hypocritical, stupid, and selective.  the roots, common, talib, nas, erykah, dead prez been makin' that music only to fall on deaf ears now everybody up kendrick's ass like he introduced some groundbreakin' shit to hip hop.

the problem with those other artist they had all the right tools but had no charisma
Same thing I'm sayin.

Like why is it Trendy and not a Staple