Author Topic: Tuxedo - Number One (Video)  (Read 151 times)

terence chill

Tuxedo - Number One (Video)
« on: March 11, 2015, 03:31:05 PM »

Sccit

Re: Tuxedo - Number One (Video)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 12:02:32 AM »
that beat is hot, but the singing could be a whole lot better......kinda sad how they did nate actually. it's the exact opposite message of what the original was bout. hope his fam eatin good off this at least.

bouli77

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 10:34:09 PM »
that beat is hot, but the singing could be a whole lot better......kinda sad how they did nate actually. it's the exact opposite message of what the original was bout. hope his fam eatin good off this at least.

I doubt Nate had any publishing rights for the song, I think only Dre & Suge are eating off of it, I have to check the death row gh booklet though.

I wasn't a fan of the song upon first listen, as you said the singing was pretty annoying and it was my least favorite record of the album but it definitely grew on me, the bridge at the end is insane.

I have no problem with them changing the message though, covering a song is adding your own flavor to it. that's what rap is based on, pretty much. when rappers remake old love songs into sex songs I have no problem and the opposite is the same for me.

Matty

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 06:34:38 AM »
it says 'used by permission' so whoever has the rights obviously gave their blessing and no doubt for free given the budget of the project. J1 & Hawthorne have good relationships with Dre/Snoop, so it'd be expected.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 06:48:46 PM »
this is good! why would they retake the old context of the song?

Mr.(Ko)Kane

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 10:32:16 AM »
Finally heard the LP and really like this track. I don't see any problem with adding a new spin to Nate's lyrics, actually it's doing the opposite for me - I prefer it to doing the same track once again. Mayer is a huge fan of the Death Row era (especially Nate) and spitting the same stuff as Nate doesn't make any sense. That way Nate's original part remains untouched and Mayer was able to pay homage at the same time.