Author Topic: New Snoop Dogg single "So Many Pros" (video)  (Read 1380 times)

Matty

Re: New Snoop Dogg single "So Many Pros" (video)
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2015, 04:55:24 AM »
i played this a load yesterday and the whole thing grew on me a lot, the vocal part especially. i think i prefer it overall to peaches n cream, i just can't get into the verses on that one. but both tracks have great hooks and the instrumentals are 8) to the fullest. i know some of you were really feeling the 7 days thing, but the production was so cheap & barebones compared to these lavish grooves it's an instant win for 'Bush'. i liked it and all but i much prefer slick production when it's as funky as this...

but the barebone shit is what funk is made of, the slickness gives it more of a pop sound

that would be where it crosses over into disco territory. personally i love it, from chic to quincy jones, all that stuff. it's funky, soulful and sounds great. i find dam funk a bit bland for the most part, he does more of an electro-bass sound with less instrumentation. these tracks are laced with some great guitars that really bring out the funk, much more stank appeal

credits for peaches n cream: Pharrell Williams, Cornell Haynes, Jr., Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr., Robert Ginyard, Jr., George Clinton, Walter Morrison & Garry Shider

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2015, 06:45:45 AM »
i played this a load yesterday and the whole thing grew on me a lot, the vocal part especially. i think i prefer it overall to peaches n cream, i just can't get into the verses on that one. but both tracks have great hooks and the instrumentals are 8) to the fullest. i know some of you were really feeling the 7 days thing, but the production was so cheap & barebones compared to these lavish grooves it's an instant win for 'Bush'. i liked it and all but i much prefer slick production when it's as funky as this...

but the barebone shit is what funk is made of, the slickness gives it more of a pop sound

that would be where it crosses over into disco territory. personally i love it, from chic to quincy jones, all that stuff. it's funky, soulful and sounds great. i find dam funk a bit bland for the most part, he does more of an electro-bass sound with less instrumentation. these tracks are laced with some great guitars that really bring out the funk, much more stank appeal

credits for peaches n cream: Pharrell Williams, Cornell Haynes, Jr., Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr., Robert Ginyard, Jr., George Clinton, Walter Morrison & Garry Shider

Yeahh i saw the credits but what did Nelly on that song???

PLANT

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2015, 01:58:04 PM »

Yeahh i saw the credits but what did Nelly on that song???
Nelly is credited as a writer, I'm guessing he wrote some of the hook....sounds nelly-ish to me

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2015, 09:26:15 PM »
Some of the hook.samples a.nelly song

Paolo

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2015, 10:32:32 PM »
just never felt the Pharel stuff... not that it doesn't sound good, but it lacks that realness and replay value.  Ain't no way I am bumpin a Pharel track in my headphones on my own time

Snoop did some of his best work in the past 10-15 years with Pharell IMO...not quite sure about the new stuff yet but I'll give it a chance

since many years snoop music is low  :( with pharell in production not good again. its just a commercial music  :-\
the real snoop miss me you know

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2015, 09:54:01 AM »
100% sure that if it was credited as a Quik produced song, you guys would be jacking all over this.

Sccit

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2015, 10:02:05 AM »
100% sure that if it was credited as a Quik produced song, you guys would be jacking all over this.

naah, most peeps would be sayin snoop ruined a quik beat with his autotune bs

jman91331

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2015, 10:10:54 AM »
Bingo. You're 100% right. Too many people stuck in the past & wanna bring '93 back. I know a lot of you on here are not from the west so maybe you don't understand that times have changed out here. Snoop has grown and his real audience should too. You want the Doggystyle sound, go back & buy Doggystyle but wake up from this wet dream that he's ever gonna revisit that style again. Been there, done that. He's a grandfather is his mid forties. He wants to make more grown up, feel good type music (which is closer to the vibe he's living in real life) and in my opinion, no other producer in this game right now can provide that better than the 1st (& I think only) one to give him a #1 single and that's Pharrell. He's shooting for a Grammy with this album so if you a real fan, respect that. No one wants to hear Snoop's old ass rapping on some Murder Was The Case pt. 2 shit. It's enough young rappers out here in California on that G shit of that's what you prefer. I for one think this album is gonna be hot and I'll have it the first day it drops. I always wanted him to have Pharrell produce a whole Snoop album.

Matty

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2015, 09:26:05 AM »
this track was originally actually meant to be a single for Timbaland's delayed (and now scrapped) 'Shock Value 3'. they even shot a video and it featured Justin Timberlake instead of Uncle Charlie. i much prefer the sound of the Snoop version...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lMy6mKGkd8U" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lMy6mKGkd8U</a>

Matty

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2015, 06:02:41 AM »
http://www.theguardian.com/global/2015/apr/26/snoop-dogg-pharrell-loves-to-critique-me

"There is also an all-star cast of guests, including Stevie Wonder, Bootsy Collins, Gwen Stefani, Charlie Wilson and Kendrick Lamar. Stevie Wonder guests on one of the stand-out tracks – “California Roll”. “Listening to the song after I laid my vocals, and after Pharrell’s vocals was laid, I was saying: ‘Man, P, we need to get someone else on this thing. We need to get Stevie Wonder…” explains Snoop. “P was like: ‘Can you get him?’ I said: ‘Sure. Hold on.’ I called him up. Two hours later Stevie Wonder pulled up outside the studio.”