Author Topic: Computer Question - (Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!)  (Read 151 times)

Jome

Computer Question - (Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!)
« on: April 09, 2003, 08:10:05 PM »
This shit is gettin on my nerves - I dunno if it's a virus or something is broke..
When the computer is on for 2 to 10 minutes, I get this shit all over the screen:

[I can see programmes, graphics & the mousepointer in the background, but it's impossible to shut it down or anything..]

I have tried scanning the system with Norton Antivirus (updated virus-list), and almost every possible sollution, and the bug doesn't seem to belong to a certain programme neither..
Could my HDD be broke ?
Graphics card gone to hell ? (I got updated drivers btw)
It's not the monitor, because I exchanged it to test it, and the other had the same bug.
Maybe the feds is sabotaging my shit ??

Until I get this shit sorted out, I can only do one WCC-post (or 2 if I'm lucky) until my computer restarts.
My WCC-career is at risk..  :(

Anybody got any solutions or anything ??

funkstylz

Re:Computer Question - (Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2003, 08:21:19 PM »
change your resolution to something a bit lower , i bet it'll fix it.

Woodrow

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2003, 08:27:36 PM »
If you changed the monitor, It might be your graphics card. You may want to un-install it and re-install the drivers it came with. Sometimes you get a bad bunch of drivers and the shit gets all sloppy.

hector

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2003, 08:50:02 PM »
I had a graphics card (all in 1der) that did that. But it had a tv tuner on it. If you got something similar to that in your cpu, I'd guarentee its your card.

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2003, 09:02:36 PM »
stare at it, but keep it out of focus, and before you know it, a 3-D image will appear!!

elneckio

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2003, 09:22:15 AM »
Ideas from my head :) ...

1. Install drivers that you know are solid and worked before, sometimes they have bugs in the latest
that weren't in the old ones.

2. Drop refresh rate down a bit - its in the advanced button of the display control panel under the 'monitor' tab.

3. If the Gfx card has a fan check it is working when the PC is running. (you'll need to pop the lid off for this, only do it if you feel confident you know what you are doing, dont touch anything when it is powered up).

4. Reseat gfx card.... remove and look at the connector it may have 'oxidized'.  Used to happen a lot on older machines.  I have never needed to do it but if you wear a static strap you should be able to clean it off (at your own risk !).  

If none of that helps then let us know more of your PC spec i.e. gfx card type/model, windows version, driver versions.  And also are those pics screen caps or taken with a digicam. (knwoing that would help narrow the problem a bit further).
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

Jome

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2003, 09:28:51 PM »
Ideas from my head :) ...

1. Install drivers that you know are solid and worked before, sometimes they have bugs in the latest
that weren't in the old ones.

Seems like this made the trick..  :)
None of the others worked, but then I reinstalled gfx-card drivers and screen drivers and it seems to be working..

If I get it again, I'ma go crazy..  :-X

Thx for the help yall, and Elneckio in particular..!!  ;)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2003, 09:30:54 PM by Goldie Jome »