Author Topic: RBX Speaks On Almost Signing To Ruthless Records !  (Read 600 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
RBX Speaks On Almost Signing To Ruthless Records !
« on: May 25, 2015, 09:12:34 AM »
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: RBX Speaks On Almost Signing To Ruthless Records !
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 09:15:50 AM »
eazy was really the king of the west that nigga was ahead of his time.  8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Diggfinger

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 03:59:09 AM »
X da man. Been to Death Row, Aftermath..the works.
Bring on the new album X 8) :o

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 04:08:28 AM »
The timeline doesn't sound right, because RBX didn't seem like he was doing shit with Dre after Doggystyle, so how was he leavin the studio from workin with Dre in 95 before E passed?

Interesting.... I also remembered seeing something in that MTV documentary a while back about RBX playing football with Suge.... but that's kind of a crazy coincidence right?  Because RBX is actually Snoop and Daz's cousin!   And so RBX came into the fold by his relationship with Snoop, and surprise, his alumni brother from UNLV is there running the company?  Then, not to mention, RBX is Daz's cousin and he is dissing Daz/Dogg Pound in the early Aftermath days "nick-nack paddy wack give the dog a bone...." and he even rapped that the Dogg Pound had a pimp (Suge) but they cut that part out.

And of course I still don't get how Dre and Warren are brothers no matter how many times I hear it explained it doesn't make sense to me.  I don't get a lot of things about Warren G, for that matter.  Like how the hell did he bring in Snoop, Kurupt, Nate, ghost-produce on the Chronic—and eventually drop a classic 2X platinum album but yet dude couldn't even get a deal with his own brother at Death Row?  Dude couldn't even get clearance for his best friend Snoop to appear on the hook for "This D.J."  Dude couldn't even get clearance for Dogg Pound on "What We Go Thru" for his second album?

I mean all that shit is just strange.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 04:11:24 AM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Diggfinger

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 06:24:36 AM »
The timeline doesn't sound right, because RBX didn't seem like he was doing shit with Dre after Doggystyle, so how was he leavin the studio from workin with Dre in 95 before E passed?

Interesting.... I also remembered seeing something in that MTV documentary a while back about RBX playing football with Suge.... but that's kind of a crazy coincidence right?  Because RBX is actually Snoop and Daz's cousin!   And so RBX came into the fold by his relationship with Snoop, and surprise, his alumni brother from UNLV is there running the company?  Then, not to mention, RBX is Daz's cousin and he is dissing Daz/Dogg Pound in the early Aftermath days "nick-nack paddy wack give the dog a bone...." and he even rapped that the Dogg Pound had a pimp (Suge) but they cut that part out.

And of course I still don't get how Dre and Warren are brothers no matter how many times I hear it explained it doesn't make sense to me.  I don't get a lot of things about Warren G, for that matter.  Like how the hell did he bring in Snoop, Kurupt, Nate, ghost-produce on the Chronic—and eventually drop a classic 2X platinum album but yet dude couldn't even get a deal with his own brother at Death Row?  Dude couldn't even get clearance for his best friend Snoop to appear on the hook for "This D.J."[/font[/color]]  Dude couldn't even get clearance for Dogg Pound on "What We Go Thru" for his second album?

Label issues. Well known fact that Snoop was not allowed to work with anyone outside DR.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 06:37:42 AM by Diggfinger »

TidyKris

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 11:10:11 AM »

And of course I still don't get how Dre and Warren are brothers no matter how many times I hear it explained it doesn't make sense to me.  I don't get a lot of things about Warren G, for that matter.  Like how the hell did he bring in Snoop, Kurupt, Nate, ghost-produce on the Chronic—and eventually drop a classic 2X platinum album but yet dude couldn't even get a deal with his own brother at Death Row?  Dude couldn't even get clearance for his best friend Snoop to appear on the hook for "This D.J."[/font[/color]]  Dude couldn't even get clearance for Dogg Pound on "What We Go Thru" for his second album?

Label issues. Well known fact that Snoop was not allowed to work with anyone outside DR.

True, it is all just label issues and Deathrow had some major issues.

I remember when Snoop worked with JD on "We Just Wanna Party" on the Men In Black soundtrack in 1997 he said Deathrow
did not allow him to do it but he was sick of the shit and said fuck you to Deathrow and did it anyway

adi760

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 11:14:19 AM »
Didn't that song for Men in Black come ot when Snoop was no more at DR?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qvQn6pva7xk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qvQn6pva7xk</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8lQPYkUj4rI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8lQPYkUj4rI</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ITUONxDP4DA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ITUONxDP4DA</a>

TidyKris

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 11:16:22 AM »

True, it is all just label issues and Deathrow had some major issues.

I remember when Snoop worked with JD on "We Just Wanna Party" on the Men In Black soundtrack in 1997 he said Deathrow
did not allow him to do it but he was sick of the shit and said fuck you to Deathrow and did it anyway

As for Warren, ive heard talk that he was not offered a contract with Deathrow but ive also heard talk that he was in line
to receive a contract at a later point but turned it down because he knew the wait would be too long for him to release his album.
To me the second story seems the most likely...Deahtrow had Dre as the top producer and others like Daz etc so why would they
be desperate for Warren right away? He wasnt the best lyricist either.

TidyKris

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 11:17:28 AM »
Didn't that song for Men in Black come ot when Snoop was no more at DR?

No he was still at Deathrow or maybe had just left. I know on the inside booklet Snoop appears courtesy of Deathrow Records
so he was with them when it was recorded

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 03:12:52 AM »

As for Warren, ive heard talk that he was not offered a contract with Deathrow but ive also heard talk that he was in line
to receive a contract at a later point but turned it down because he knew the wait would be too long for him to release his album.
To me the second story seems the most likely...Deahtrow had Dre as the top producer and others like Daz etc so why would they
be desperate for Warren right away? He wasnt the best lyricist either.

Yeah, but clearly there was some oversight somewhere at Death Row.  I mean, it's not about who is the best lyricist, it's about who can put out the best music.   And clearly ..The G Funk Era album was a deserving album and the quality was on par with the rest of the Death Row releases and sold more than Above the Rim, Murder Was The Case, and Dogg Food.  

I don't think Warren had the album done at the time, but some of his work like "Indo Smoke" and maybe earlier tracks he might've recorded while still on Death Row, should've made him more of a priority at the time.

...Dre even admits in the Source documentary that if he knew Warren would "fuck around and sell 2 million copies" that he would've been fuckin wit Warren even more.  Atleast Dre was nice enough to show up for the "Do You See" video shoot, because that type of shit was important back in the day.   I mean, even me being a kid, you bought Warren's album on the strength of his relationship with Death Row, I actually remember buying it and looking all over the liner notes for the Death Row logo, and then even questioning if it was some unlicensed Concrete Roots type of shit.  But of course once the bomb "This D.J." video dropped, then it all made sense.

...and someone asked about that JD Men In Black joint that Snoop did, it was probably recorded at the time that Snoop was still on Death Row, and maybe even released while he was still on Death Row and without the labels blessings.  Cause that song came out late summer of 97' so I believe that was just after they had shelved "Midnight Love" and that summer project he had, and Snoop was really stranded on Death Row—and looking for a way out.  P didn't really officially get Snoop signed and removed from Death Row till spring of 98'.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 03:15:53 AM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

heyyou

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 05:03:57 AM »
As stated already, Snoop was on Death Row when he did the track for Men in Black.

Once Suge was no longer running Death Row (in prison), Snoop started branching out with non-Death Row artists.

As for Warren G, I also think the issues of violence (Suge's bullying and beat down's at the studio's etc) and the fact he was was forced to re-write his part for Ain't no fun was a contributing factor.

Also, I don't think Dre wanted to put him in that environment and always kept family & business completely separate which is understandable.