Author Topic: DMX Arrested Prior To Show In NYC [Update: For "Several Issues Outstanding"]  (Read 109 times)

CORREA

DMX was arrested outside Radio City Music Hall in New York City Friday night, according to the New York County Sheriff’s Office.

He was slated to perform at Radio City as a part the old school hip-hop show "Masters of Ceremony," featuring performances from The LOX, Kid Capri, Rakim, Mase, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Shabba Ranks, Brand Nubian, and Das Efx. He was taken into custody before he had a chance to go on stage.

"I saw guns getting pointed," said one Twitter user who claims to have witnessed the arrest.

Stay tuned as more details come into focus.

UPDATE 12:30am: TMZ reports that DMX had a warrant out for unpaid child support, which has been a recurring theme throughout his decorated career. He has twelve children.

UPDATE II 1:49am: A spokesperson for the New York County Sheriff's Office says DMX was taken into custody for "several issues outstanding," reports Pix11 News. According to the spokesperson, these are the issues in question:

warrant issued by Erie County Family Court for $400,00 worth of unpaid child support
warrant issued by city of White Plains, NY for bail jumping
accused by city of Yonkers, NY, X's hometown, of aggravated unlicensed motor vehicle operation
named a suspect in April 5 robbery at a gas station in Newark, NJ

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

:grumpy: 

Its been a long time since i've heard DMX & arrested in the same sentence.  Must be a world record for him going a long time without getting arrested.  DMX & getting arrested is as normal as the sun rising from the east, someone getting shot dead in oakland, some shitty driver in so-cal hitting a pedestrian & running away like a coward. 

AND WHAT THE FUCK, EH?!  With DMX having 12 kids!  Someone needs to tell him about Magic Johnson, heck...Dominique Rodgers Cromartie, Shawn Kemp or some of these current athletes.  He needs 2 either use protection or at least get Dwight Howard's lawyer, as in getting not so high child support payments.  Its high but not high as others.  I know Puffy & Nas would like that lawyer with what they're paying monthly.