Author Topic: Straight Outta Compton Soundtrack  (Read 1551 times)

Matty

Re: Straight Outta Compton Soundtrack
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 06:49:01 PM »
of course it's not literally 'Detox' but at this point 'Detox' is just another name for the next Dre project, whether it be a NWA movie soundtrack or otherwise. it's still Detox baby :laugh:

In other words, it's just a marketing tagline for whatever's next in the pipeline.  There is no actual Detox album.  It was all a myth.

who knows, there was clearly material but never a finished LP and many iterations of whatever he was working on. pretty sure it was close to coming out when they dropped Kush/I Need A Doctor and the 'Detox' edition headphones but Dre backed out when he heard the reception. probably for the best if those tracks were anything to go by. but whether there will be an album or not is ultimately more important than the name. and it sounds like this is indeed an album.

i guess it's not a Dre record per se as it's tied to a movie, but that's probably the only reason it's seeing the light of day. there isn't that expectation and nervousness about putting it out when the theme is pre-determined. the idea it doesn't need to be groundbreaking because it's just some music based off a movie. but in reality I'd judge it to the same standards as any 'Detox' record, hence the joke of still referring to it as that (seems to have flown over people's heads).

abusive

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 07:08:13 PM »
of course it's not literally 'Detox' but at this point 'Detox' is just another name for the next Dre project, whether it be a NWA movie soundtrack or otherwise. it's still Detox baby :laugh:

In other words, it's just a marketing tagline for whatever's next in the pipeline.  There is no actual Detox album.  It was all a myth.

who knows, there was clearly material but never a finished LP and many iterations of whatever he was working on. pretty sure it was close to coming out when they dropped Kush/I Need A Doctor and the 'Detox' edition headphones but Dre backed out when he heard the reception. probably for the best if those tracks were anything to go by. but whether there will be an album or not is ultimately more important than the name. and it sounds like this is indeed an album.

i guess it's not a Dre record per se as it's tied to a movie, but that's probably the only reason it's seeing the light of day. there isn't that expectation and nervousness about putting it out when the theme is pre-determined. the idea it doesn't need to be groundbreaking because it's just some music based off a movie. but in reality I'd judge it to the same standards as any 'Detox' record, hence the joke of still referring to it as that (seems to have flown over people's heads).
The movie benefits, the music benefits and Beats as well. It's a win/win situation.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2015, 08:24:18 PM »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 01:47:22 PM »

:laugh: they took the bait. anyway it's about time for some dre music

B.A.

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2015, 03:29:46 PM »
got this from allhiphop.com

With the N.W.A biopic’s, Straight Outta Compton, release a month away, details have emerged about the film’s soundtrack. The film’s director, F. Gary Gray, revealed that the soundtrack will feature Kendrick Lamar, Eminem and show Dr. Dre’s musical growth.

He went deep and you can hear some of his influences, with jazz and soul and a little bit of funk. And Kendrick Lamar is on, Eminem; a lot of great guest stars,” Gray told MTV News. “But it’s really Dre and how he’s evolved and how he’s matured as not only a person, but as an artist. It’s deep and it’s great.”

This would be cool for a new Dre album but all these mentions of artist being involved with the Straight Outta Compton soundtrack that had nothing to do with N.W.A is a bit of a disappointment. No mention of Cube, Ren or Yella on the soundtrack, no mention of new N.W.A music, not even one song? Nothing!? If I was Ren and Yella I'd feel disrespected, AGAIN! First the trailers didn't include their name, now the Straight Outta Compton soundtrack sounds like it doesn't feature them. Dre's just using the movie's buzz to put out his music, that's bitch move; I mean I get it, financially it's a good move for Dre, but still a bitch move.

Dre was afraid his music wouldn't do what it should do so he kept pushing it back, over and over again, just releasing bullshit supposed to be singles and nothing ever came out of it. Now with the N.W.A movie about to drop he's working on a "soundtrack" for it, but really it's just Dre's album that he's been putting off for years??? I'm sure it'll have some great music on it, I don't doubt Dre's abilities, not at all, BUT... Dre's album should be Dre's album and the N.W.A Straight Outta Compton soundtrack should be a soundtrack. I hoped that the soundtrack would have mostly N.W.A music, part old classics that appear in the movie, part new N.W.A music from the remaining members and THEN some new music with Eminem, Kendrick, Xzibit, etc. I thought the soundtrack could also be a teaser to Dre's new album, Cube's album and Ren's too, maybe even new N.W.A album with all new music. Maybe I'm in the minority here but it's just disappointing for what the soundtrack could and should be. :grumpy: I hope I'm wrong and that all the name dropping of other artist is all just to build more buzz for the soundtrack and we are getting some classic and new N.W.A music on the soundtrack.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 03:32:37 PM by B.A. »
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

CORREA

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2015, 03:32:12 PM »

With the N.W.A biopic’s, Straight Outta Compton, release a month away, details have emerged about the film’s soundtrack. The film’s director, F. Gary Gray, revealed that the soundtrack will feature Kendrick Lamar, Eminem and show Dr. Dre’s musical growth.

He went deep and you can hear some of his influences, with jazz and soul and a little bit of funk. And Kendrick Lamar is on, Eminem; a lot of great guest stars,” Gray told MTV News. “But it’s really Dre and how he’s evolved and how he’s matured as not only a person, but as an artist. It’s deep and it’s great.”

This would be cool for a new Dre album but all these mentions of artist being involved with the Straight Outta Compton soundtrack that had nothing to do with N.W.A is a bit of a disappointment. No mention of Cube, Ren or Yella on the soundtrack, no mention of new N.W.A music, not even one song? Nothing!? If I was Ren and Yella I'd feel disrespected, AGAIN! First the trailers didn't include their name, now the Straight Outta Compton soundtrack sounds like it doesn't feature them. Dre's just using the movie's buzz to put out his music, that's bitch move; I mean I get it, financially it's a good move for Dre, but still a bitch move.

Dre was afraid his music wouldn't do what it should do so he kept pushing it back, over and over again, just releasing bullshit supposed to be singles and nothing ever came out of it. Now with the N.W.A movie about to drop he's working on a "soundtrack" for it, but really it's just Dre's album that he's been putting off for years??? I'm sure it'll have some great music on it, I don't doubt Dre's abilities, not at all, BUT... Dre's album should be Dre's album and the N.W.A Straight Outta Compton soundtrack should be a soundtrack. I hoped that the soundtrack would have mostly N.W.A music, part old classics that appear in the movie, part new N.W.A music from the remaining members and THEN some new music with Eminem, Kendrick, Xzibit, etc. I thought the soundtrack could also be a teaser to Dre's new album, Cube's album and Ren's too, maybe even new N.W.A album with all new music. Maybe I'm in the minority here but it's just disappointing for what the soundtrack could and should be. :grumpy: I hope I'm wrong and that all the name dropping of other artist is all just to build more buzz for the soundtrack and we are getting some classic and new N.W.A music on the soundtrack.

Here's the link, there's some movie info on it as well.

http://allhiphop.com/2015/07/14/dr-dre-kendrick-lamar-and-eminem-to-appear-on-straight-outta-compton-soundtrack/

nobody cares bout dre in 2015

dameons

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2015, 07:45:37 PM »
no one is checking for Dre's mark ass anymore..50 year old men are weak on the mic .

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2015, 08:24:12 PM »
Where is all that anger coming from??
Couse he didn't release anything (good) in the last years
And what does his age has anything to do with releasing a dope album
Couse I bet if the album is dope all you hater will bump it
Let's judge the cd when it's out !!!

Bandida

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2015, 09:21:39 PM »
no one is checking for Dre's mark ass anymore..50 year old men are weak on the mic .

That's why Chuck D is currently on a world tour right?

Bandida

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2015, 09:26:47 PM »
Got word that Dre's working overtime to produce some crazy shit....
See tweets from someone claiming to be insider n knowing what's happening behind scenes....

https://twitter.com/Aceus/status/620405685075906560

Bandida

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2015, 09:33:33 PM »

With the N.W.A biopic’s,

nobody cares bout dre in 2015

I believe your lack of respect for old school 90's artists n continued negativity in regards to their careers stems from a lack of affection....

Jump on a plane to Australia kid n mummy give you a big cuddle....

Love heals everything!!!

Show dre some love....