Author Topic: DR. DRE - COMPTON: A SOUNDTRACK BY DR. DRE (Official Discussion)  (Read 50216 times)

doublee313

Re: Dr. Dre - Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #465 on: August 18, 2015, 06:31:17 PM »
streams are up...here we go

Production/writer credits in here: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=318919.0

1. Intro
2. Talk About It (feat. King Mez & Justus)
3. Genocide (feat. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay)
4. It’s All On Me (feat. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid)
5. All In a Day’s Work (feat. Anderson .Paak & Marsha Ambrosius)
6. Darkside/Gone (feat. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar)
7. Loose Cannons (feat. Xzibit, COLD 187um & Sly Pyper)
8. Issues (feat. Ice Cube, Anderson .Paak & Dem Jointz)
9. Deep Water (feat. Kendrick Lamar, Justus & Anderson .Paak)
10. One Shot One Kill (Jon Connor feat. Snoop Dogg & Craig Owens)
11. Just Another Day (The Game feat. Asia Bryant)
12. For the Love of Money (feat. Jill Scott, Jon Connor & Anderson .Paak)
13. Satisfiction (feat. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez)
14. Animals (feat. Anderson .Paak)
15. Medicine Man (feat. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson .Paak)
16. Talking To My Diary

I listened to it and threw in into my recycle bin. Pure trash. Dre raps horrible and he wasn't good to begin with. I'll get the instrumental album if it's released.  If you enjoy it great, but from a guy that grew up listing to NWA when it was released in highschool, this is his WORST work. The DOC said earlier that Dre was messing up when he first left him. I see what he was saying.  I guess this is the new generations Westcoast flow.

That's the truth from me and 5 friends. Sad. Album is getting bad reviews on ITunes.  I bought it from Amazon and dumped it 3 days after trying hard to listen.

Before all you dudes start bitching about this post, just remember it's my opinion.  Better then The Chronic and 2001? Some of you guys are smoking to much. EPIC? Serious? Smoke more.

CORREA

« Reply #466 on: August 18, 2015, 07:33:08 PM »

Production/writer credits in here: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=318919.0

1. Intro
16. Talking To My Diary

I listened to it and threw in into my recycle bin. Pure trash. Dre raps horrible and he wasn't good to begin with. I'll get the instrumental album if it's released.  If you enjoy it great, but from a guy that grew up listing to NWA when it was released in highschool, this is his WORST work. The DOC said earlier that Dre was messing up when he first left him. I see what he was saying.  I guess this is the new generations Westcoast flow.

That's the truth from me and 5 friends. Sad. Album is getting bad reviews on ITunes.  I bought it from Amazon and dumped it 3 days after trying hard to listen.

Before all you dudes start bitching about this post, just remember it's my opinion.  Better then The Chronic and 2001? Some of you guys are smoking to much. EPIC? Serious? Smoke more.

someone sounds out of touch

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #467 on: August 18, 2015, 08:56:58 PM »

1. Intro
16. Talking To My Diary

i was about to say calm this groupie ass nigga down...

you might as well have typed this : "look guys im 30 something and i cant adapt to new music im going to go listen to doggystyle and remember the best days of my life..."

you came out defensive like a motherfucker in your post so dont get mad im playing offensively. you asked for this kind of reply basically.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #468 on: August 18, 2015, 09:51:30 PM »

yea, and all these cats who are choppin and doin the fast-paced switch-up raps are influenced by tech n9ne.....it all comes full circle

Maybe Tech was doing a similar style but I think you could just as easily say that Bone was doing it before Tech was doing it.  Still... I wasn't thinking Tech at all when I first played this new Dre album.  I was actually thinking of a lot of Cash Money type dudes I don't like—ficcaz like Rae Shermond or Young Thug.  I thought it borrowed from them... the reason I say that is Tech 9 never mumbles or talks ignorant and shit in his raps, and neither do Bone... but listen to the way rhymes are mumbled on Dre's Compton album, like there is a line....

"I'm the black Eminem
I'm the humbler 50..."

Listen to the way those lines are spit they are like mumbled almost, and under normal circumstances it would come off ignorant to me.  But these aren't normal circumstances because this is a Dre album, so he blended and updated all those styles, flows, and lyrics into some classic shit.  When I get around to it I will check out more King Mez and Justus and Paak and cats like that to figure out exactly where the influence is from.

silly to copy the south on the first song.

That bugged me the fuck out on first listen when that song came in.... The way Dre comes in on that shit, and your like in disbelief that it is actually Dre... that was some crazy shock value that Dre loves to achieve when he can on an album... it reminded me of the shock value when I first heard Eminem yelling on a track like "The Way I Am" when it first leaked...

When that opening joint drops the line.... "I JUST BOUGHT CALIFORNIA!!!"  That shit hits hard as fuck!!!

...I think it will grow on you dawg
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 09:58:17 PM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

CORREA

« Reply #469 on: August 19, 2015, 01:25:18 AM »

1. Intro
16. Talking To My Diary

you might as well have typed this : "look guys im 30 something and i cant adapt to new music im going to go listen to doggystyle and remember the best days of my life..."

you came out defensive like a motherfucker in your post so dont get mad im playing offensively. you asked for this kind of reply basically.

if you cant adapt dont talk shit bout the album when clearly ur the problem :D

Eddz

« Reply #470 on: August 19, 2015, 01:45:11 AM »
King Mez doesn't do much for me and falls short of replacing the role Hittman had on 2001.

Really? I think he's well on his way to becoming the next Hittman.

haha, that's funny to me

If King Mez keeps believing in himself and stays on his grind he may just one day also never release an album and fade into obscurity, only if he stays focused though   ;)

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #471 on: August 19, 2015, 07:03:51 AM »
King Mez doesn't do much for me and falls short of replacing the role Hittman had on 2001.

Really? I think he's well on his way to becoming the next Hittman.

haha, that's funny to me

If King Mez keeps believing in himself and stays on his grind he may just one day also never release an album and fade into obscurity, only if he stays focused though   ;)

LOL

For me, Compton has some of the problems 2001 had, as far as the rapping goes...

At the time just before the release of 2001, Dre had just been pushing anti-violence stuff like "Been There, Done That" and the Aftermath tagline was
"we don't set trip, we set trends" and so a lot of people were waiting on 2001 to come with some new fresh content...

But when it came out, a lot of the rapping felt like a tired rehash of gangsta cliches (though I know for younger fans at the time all that stuff probably seemed
new and fresh and cool if you hadn't heard it before), and so it was like super-dope beats but with generic rapping.

Seems the same with Compton - some of these beats would come across a lot better with some really interesting voices and rapping on them, some of the vocals
seem to just be whoever happened to be in the studio at the time.
Like if you read the interviews that came out recently, it's like, "then Anderson .Paak was working with Premier and he happened to be in the studio and so he
recorded vocals for like 5 tracks on Compton".

So Much Style

« Reply #472 on: August 19, 2015, 08:00:52 AM »
discussed the album with about 5 of my best friends, all are feeling it and all are feeling different tracks. Genocide seems to be getting mad love. My personal fav! futuristic funk! Interestingly, a couple comments on the skits being out of place and unneccesary.
So much style back at it again

The Predator

« Reply #473 on: August 19, 2015, 09:04:46 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/arw-LSW8EGw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/arw-LSW8EGw</a>

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #474 on: August 19, 2015, 09:32:11 AM »
Watching that now. I am not surprised Myke C-Town was hating it... LOL

doublee313

« Reply #475 on: August 19, 2015, 11:13:12 AM »

1. Intro
16. Talking To My Diary

I'm not adapting to this trash. Beats are great. Rapping sucks bad. Yea I'm 30 and grew up listening to it. All you little boys don't know real rap music. If you did, you would know this album sucks bad. Not just sucks bad, sucks so bad it's in the trash with my 5 other buddies copies. I'm not the only one. Read ITunes. It's was 2.5 stars and dropping. I'm just real and ain't nut riding weed head that can't add 1+1. I understand the hard work put into the beats but the rapping is horrible.  Period. My opinion and I've listened to more west coast shit then a lot of cats. We had tape decks and shit when you weren't even a sperm cell. Then your dad forgot to pull out and created you. Sad.

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #476 on: August 19, 2015, 11:52:30 AM »
Ehh..I'm 40 and I love this album. Easily album of the year for me so far.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #477 on: August 19, 2015, 02:05:13 PM »
I just can't take Dre serious when he raps in another flow or voice. Sounds so unnatural, weird, forced and awkward. I said it bout 8 years ago. He should only try to be original and creative with the music, not with his rapping.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Tha Crip

« Reply #478 on: August 19, 2015, 02:28:20 PM »
I'm 30 also and this shit bangs!!! I dont even listen to songs at a time...its been start to finish each time lol
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #479 on: August 19, 2015, 02:57:04 PM »
What's age got to do with this?

I'm over 30 and love the album.

Well put together, there's nothing to hate about it.

If you don't like it, fair enough, what's the point of trying convince people.
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!