Author Topic: Melle Mel hating on N.W.A  (Read 773 times)

EAZY-LI

Melle Mel hating on N.W.A
« on: September 02, 2015, 03:31:00 PM »
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995

Sccit

Re: Melle Mel hating on N.W.A
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 11:57:55 PM »
IS HE WRONG THO? LOTTA CATS DONT EVEN CARE ABOUT SKILL ANYMORE, IT'S ALL ABOUT STREET CRED....WHEN 95% OF THE HIP-HOP GAME'S STREET CRED IS FABRICATED 2 BEGIN WIT.

TO ME, IT'S ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT CAN U RAP....YES OR NO.

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 01:46:21 AM »
As much as I like West Coast rap, he's 100% right. BUT to me it's not about the content, it's the music that makes West Coast records more interesting than East Coast..

Will_B

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 04:01:43 AM »
Thanks for sharing. Dudes a legend

dexter

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 12:52:28 PM »
jealous?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 04:05:03 PM »
IS HE WRONG THO? LOTTA CATS DONT EVEN CARE ABOUT SKILL ANYMORE, IT'S ALL ABOUT STREET CRED....WHEN 95% OF THE HIP-HOP GAME'S STREET CRED IS FABRICATED 2 BEGIN WIT.

he does make some pretty fascinating points... and you can't write them off as invalid because Melle Mel is a godfather of hip-hop and its culture so his words have to be respected.

...but where I think he makes a mistake is making it sound like it is easy, like all you have to do is be like Chris Rock in CB4 and just copy and image and then sell millions.  If it was that easy then everyone would've been as big as NWA.  The reason NWA worked is because Dre was a muthafuckin genius... I mean if you just listen to the way the horns come in for Eazy on the last verse of St8 out of Compton I mean that shit is undeniable!!  The sound schemes Dre was doing were above anything the East Coast could ever dream of.   You can be a gangsta all day and many have tried, but unless you have a genius like Dre in the room to make that shit BANG then all your gangsta talk won't even matter
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 04:09:52 PM »
Jealous

WestWestYA

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 08:46:01 PM »
says all that shit while wearing a stone cold steve austin t-shirt smh.

jaytee

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 10:42:42 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XNpNNFE-2wg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XNpNNFE-2wg</a>

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 11:28:14 PM »
Fuck Melle Mel! Hating ass bitch! It's the roid rage.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

JonnyTanna

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 06:48:22 AM »
It's ironic that they're using him to promote the movie and let him diss westcoast rap. Is it pretty interesting as bitter as it seems

HighEyeCue

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2015, 01:43:29 PM »
It's ironic that they're using him to promote the movie and let him diss westcoast rap. Is it pretty interesting as bitter as it seems

he does seem a bit jealous of their success...I agree with alot of what he said though

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2015, 03:10:14 PM »

he does make some pretty fascinating points... and you can't write them off as invalid because Melle Mel is a godfather of hip-hop and its culture so his words have to be respected.

...but where I think he makes a mistake is making it sound like it is easy, like all you have to do is be like Chris Rock in CB4 and just copy and image and then sell millions.  If it was that easy then everyone would've been as big as NWA.  The reason NWA worked is because Dre was a muthafuckin genius... I mean if you just listen to the way the horns come in for Eazy on the last verse of St8 out of Compton I mean that shit is undeniable!!  The sound schemes Dre was doing were above anything the East Coast could ever dream of.   You can be a gangsta all day and many have tried, but unless you have a genius like Dre in the room to make that shit BANG then all your gangsta talk won't even matter

i agree