Author Topic: wow the dre album got old fast.  (Read 1332 times)

Will_B

Re: wow the dre album got old fast.
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2015, 08:38:36 AM »
im still discoverin new things within the beats with every listen.. the layering is ingenious cant say that wit any other album thats come out over the past 5 years or so

Music is more than layers tho my niqua

This albums decent, but that don't = longevity. Fits in perfectly with today's sound. Catchy and snappy, relevant for min but that's it

did you watch that 2 hour making of interview with the 'cast'? i enjoyed that more than listening to the album, some good insight into dre as a person and his creative process.

Not yet I threw up in my mouth a few times in the first 5-10 mins but I'm sure the Dre heads will get into it more than I did

Blood$

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2015, 09:00:35 AM »
im still discoverin new things within the beats with every listen.. the layering is ingenious cant say that wit any other album thats come out over the past 5 years or so

This albums decent, but that don't = longevity. Fits in perfectly with today's sound. Catchy and snappy, relevant for min but that's it

Compton > each and every album in your sig

It's subjective yeah but agree to differ. You the homie tho blooddollarsign and I know you're supporting good music

8)

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2015, 10:36:37 AM »

please explain more what music is about mi bloke, i really need to hear your expertise on the matter.......

bumps a warren g record....music is more than harmozing over funky beats

bumps a twista record....music is more than flowin fast & choppin

bumps a wu record....music is more than comin raw on karate samples

bumps a nate record...music is more than singing

bumps a nas record....music is more than lyrical skill

bumps a suga free record....music is more than pimpin

bumps a dre record....music is more than production value

shall i keep goin?

Wow so many feels

youre a pretentious fag when it comes to judging music. You're basically all about nostalgia like another member who posts here. So because u bumped DPG during a period of your life where you were actually enjoying music witout overthinking it, those ealy 2000's DPG records resonate wit u, while great music like this goes over your head. Who does that remind u of?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 10:38:11 AM by Sccit »

Will_B

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2015, 01:35:53 PM »
No idea what you're talking about brodie

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2015, 04:27:37 PM »
TL;DR your ears are faggots, shut the fuck up

Ebenus Supremus

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2015, 05:21:27 PM »

please explain more what music is about mi bloke, i really need to hear your expertise on the matter.......

bumps a warren g record....music is more than harmozing over funky beats

bumps a twista record....music is more than flowin fast & choppin

bumps a wu record....music is more than comin raw on karate samples

bumps a nate record...music is more than singing

bumps a nas record....music is more than lyrical skill

bumps a suga free record....music is more than pimpin

bumps a dre record....music is more than production value

shall i keep goin?

Wow so many feels

youre a pretentious fag when it comes to judging music. You're basically all about nostalgia like another member who posts here. So because u bumped DPG during a period of your life where you were actually enjoying music witout overthinking it, those ealy 2000's DPG records resonate wit u, while great music like this goes over your head. Who does that remind u of?

I recognise myself as someone stuck in the 90's n early 2000's but I can't be the other person your referring to as I haven't even heard Compton n have yet to even comment on the album, instead taking a selfless yet slightly self righteous stance in relation to gangsta rap under the guise of a disinterested victim of corruption who sympathises with victims of gang banging culture who are growing up in environments and being misled about the cultures validity in society after being influenced by its depiction in popular music so as to be considered a source of entertainment rather than a serious issue that effects many youth in areas such as certain neighbourhoods in Compton creating perceptions of permanence within a culture where being subject to intimidation and corruption can turn a genuinely good natured kid into a potential victim or ruthless gangster with no outlet for their fears or aspirations as it would in turn have them labelled a square, snitch or bitch.

But I do recognise the validity of banging on wax after having the concept explained to me in an intelligent manner by CPO Boss Hogg....

Either way, I'm a slightly privilaged white Australian 30 something who could only ponder the effects of living in such a neighbourhood and would be fecitious if I were to dare assume I could relate in comparison to my own troubled youth.