Author Topic: Golden Era (90's Music) One Hit Wonder's!!!  (Read 2160 times)

CORREA

Re: Golden Era (90's Music) One Hit Wonder's!!!
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2015, 05:10:47 PM »

Where is the Luniz (just released an album 20 years after "I got five on it")

and yet just like after 5 on it nobody cared :D dont get me wrong i liked yuk

2003: Godzilla
2008: Million Dollar Mouthpiece
2009: The West Coast Don
2010: Free at Last

were good albums to me especially

he had a good thing going with that beef with game and gunit but fell off hard after that i still think he killed game in their beef

Sccit

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2015, 06:25:18 PM »
lol yukmouth signed a major deal wit rap-a-lot way after "i got 5 on it" and dropped charting solo albums......but he is a "wonder". then what does that make skee-lo?

the main point of the "one hit wonder" label is the WONDER part, not the one hit part. if u built your own label after that hit and have an extensive fanbase that supports you 20 years deep, then u are far from a wonder. the term is not "one hit artist", again, it's "one hit WONDER".........meaning u have to fade off into obscurity for it to apply. simple science folks.

CORREA

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2015, 08:41:47 PM »
lol yukmouth signed a major deal wit rap-a-lot way after "i got 5 on it" and dropped charting solo albums......but he is a "wonder". then what does that make skee-lo?

the main point of the "one hit wonder" label is the WONDER part, not the one hit part. if u built your own label after that hit and have an extensive fanbase that supports you 20 years deep, then u are far from a wonder. the term is not "one hit artist", again, it's "one hit WONDER".........meaning u have to fade off into obscurity for it to apply. simple science folks.

anyone can sign a deal

1998: Thugged Out: The Albulation
2001: Thug Lord: The New Testament
2011: The Tonite Show: Thuggin' & Mobbin'
2012: Half Baked
2014: GAS (Grow and Sale)

out of all those he went gold on the first and did nothing on the others tho ;)

Sccit

« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2015, 10:40:59 PM »

anyone can sign a deal

i didnt even know he went gold...cotdamn.....so this cat went gold years after the success of "i got five on it" and cats still tryna call luniz "1 hit wonders". thats special.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2015, 08:41:35 AM »

anyone can sign a deal

i didnt even know he went gold...cotdamn.....so this cat went gold years after the success of "i got five on it" and cats still tryna call luniz "1 hit wonders". thats special.

LOL...

You are really trying hard on this. Look, Yukamouth is not a One Hit Wonder, the Luniz are. And the Wonder part has nothing to do with the definition, as many One Hit Wonders we know exactly where they are. Some are even solo artist who had huge success in a band. Iggy Pop is technically a one hit wonder, even though he was HUGE in The Stooges. I mean, maybe you want to bend your definition to say top 100 instead of top 40, then the Luniz would not be a One Hit Wonder. But as it stands, the Technical term of One Hit Wonder is songs in the Pop Top 40. The Luniz have only had one song in the top 40, which means they are TECHNICALLY a one hit wonder. You can argue it anyway you want. I agree with you that if you are a hip-hop head, the Luniz are far from a One Hit Wonder, Yukmouth is as relevant as they get in the Bay. But by basic definition, and this is important because it's a very simple definition, then the Luniz are a One Hit Wonder.

Album sales don't factor in with One Hit Wonders. Just singles. And the Luniz only had one single in the top 40, Yukmouth none. I'm sorry Sccit.

Personally, I think of someone like Tone Loc as more of a One Hit Wonder than the Luniz, the Luniz stayed consistent, and Tone Loc had his 2 hits and left. But yeah, and One Hit Wonders some we don't wonder where they are. Some go into acting, some do commercials, so tour with one song for years and years and year. It's just a term.

Sccit

« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2015, 10:31:47 AM »

anyone can sign a deal

Look, Yukamouth is not a One Hit Wonder, the Luniz are.

smh u are retarded

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2015, 11:22:45 AM »

anyone can sign a deal

smh u are retarded

You are pig headed moron who can't stand being wrong, even when you are.

CORREA

« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2015, 12:05:20 PM »

anyone can sign a deal

smh u are retarded

You are pig headed moron who can't stand being wrong, even when you are.

+1 :D

Sccit

« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2015, 03:18:50 PM »
lol u know u lost when correa agrees with u

i posted an entire article that dispels the notion of them being "one hit wonders" and u still arguing it........u definitely lied about being a college professor.

CORREA

« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2015, 03:30:32 PM »

i posted an entire article that dispels the notion of them being "one hit wonders" and u still arguing it........u definitely lied about being a college professor.

oh look at you off topic lol

M Dogg and i already provided all the facts already

Sccit

« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2015, 04:01:31 PM »

oh look at you off topic lol

M Dogg and i already provided all the facts already

YEA U SURE DID...U PROVIDED EVIDENCE THAT YUKMOUTH WENT GOLD YEARS AFTER "I GOT 5 ON IT" WAS RELEASED, WHICH WAS THE EQUIVALENT OF U SHITTING IN UR OWN MOUTH.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2015, 04:33:14 PM »

In your heart, you can be right. And I never claimed to be a college professor. But I work at a college in their international office. Big difference. It's okay. Dude. But just realize, the term one hit wonder refers to an artist who released one song in the top 40, and no other songs. The article you posted stretched out the definition to include other billboard charts, which for the sake of rap music is more reflective of the culture. But if you talk to a non-hip hop fan, they would have no idea about any other song outside if I Got 5 On It. But if you look up list of songs billboard included in their one hit wonder list, then the Luniz are included in it.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2015, 04:37:46 PM »
http://www.worldlibrary.org/articles/list_of_1990s_one-hit_wonders_in_the_united_states

Here is as official of a list you can get for one hit wonder.

CORREA

« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2015, 04:52:00 PM »
plus that album that went gold was his first one in 1998 this guy still putting out albums dont you think something is wrong with this picture
so much for the bay area support lol

Sccit

« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2015, 05:30:32 PM »

In your heart, you can be right. And I never claimed to be a college professor. But I work at a college in their international office. Big difference. It's okay. Dude. But just realize, the term one hit wonder refers to an artist who released one song in the top 40, and no other songs. The article you posted stretched out the definition to include other billboard charts, which for the sake of rap music is more reflective of the culture. But if you talk to a non-hip hop fan, they would have no idea about any other song outside if I Got 5 On It. But if you look up list of songs billboard included in their one hit wonder list, then the Luniz are included in it.

this is a hip-hop forum...not a pop music forum. and on top of that, it's a west coast hip-hop forum. so calling the luniz a 1 hit wonder on a west coast hip-hop forum is not guna fly. bottom line. west coast hip-hop 1 hit wonders are ahmad, skee-lo, even tone loc (had 2 hits, but faded off into obscurity, hence the "wonder" part).......but not the goat rap duo from the bay. sorry bruhbruh.