Author Topic: Smif-N-Wessun on 2Pac, Suge Knight, One Nation album, Biggie [BRAND NEW!]  (Read 630 times)

Pacaveli25

"In the first part of our 40-minute interview with Smif-N-Wessun, Tek & Steele talked about the beginnings of Boot Camp Clik, being a part of notorious New York gang Decepticons, recording the debut album “Dah Shinin’” and witnessing legendary moments in the D&D Studios. Generals of the Boot Camp also spoke on their close relationship with The Notorious B.I.G., working with Puff Daddy and Mary J. Blige, and lastly (11-20 min) – remembered meeting and connecting with 2Pac, going from NYC to his house in LA at the height of the whole East-West drama, recording songs for “One Nation” album and hanging out at his home. They also shared the most important lessons they have learned from 2Pac and revealed some interesting, little known facts about the author of “All Eyez On Me”. Part 2 coming on Sunday!"

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/STSNAlMrGJw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/STSNAlMrGJw</a>

JonnyTanna

Re: Smif-N-Wessun on 2Pac, Suge Knight, One Nation album, Biggie [BRAND NEW!]
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 07:45:19 PM »
Man! Their music sucks now to! I guess people do lose their talent over time.

Pacaveli25

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 04:26:19 PM »
I can't agree with your statement man, their reggae influenced project was pretty dope imo. We can't expect another Dah Shinin album but they're still killin this rap game, just listen to Steele's verses

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 11:19:34 PM »

Always thought these cats were overhyped, just like a lot of stuff on the East Coast was getting overhyped in that era, because they were jealous of the West Coast.  Pac even invested time in these cats, but those One Nation sessions are weak, and possibly Pac's most forgettable work that he did during all his time at Death Row.  

There is only one gem in my opinion from the bootcamp, and that is "No Fear".  That shit is a classic banger I still bump to this day.  They also dissed Biggie in the video, so that's an added plus.  8)
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 03:05:48 AM »

Always thought these cats were overhyped, just like a lot of stuff on the East Coast was getting overhyped in that era, because they were jealous of the West Coast.  Pac even invested time in these cats, but those One Nation sessions are weak, and possibly Pac's most forgettable work that he did during all his time at Death Row.  

There is only one gem in my opinion from the bootcamp, and that is "No Fear".  That shit is a classic banger I still bump to this day.  They also dissed Biggie in the video, so that's an added plus.  8)

No Fear is an OGC song, although they're part of Boot Camp Clik.
Anyways, i know you like to talk a lot of bullshit and i consider the statement about Boot Camp being overhyped one of them.

And So, Here We Come, The Hustle, Trading Places.. to name a few great songs from Boot Camp

No Fear, Hurricane Starang, Danjer, Da Strom... to name a few great songs from OGC

Heltah Skeltah... man... the whole Nocturnal album

Bucktown, Wrekonize, Sound Bwoy Bureill to name a few dope Smif-N-Wessun songs

These guys made tons of great songs as groups and solo and also a pretty big international impact yet some will complain they were overhyped just because East was jealous of West.  :laugh:

And oh... when you're dissing Boot Camp you diss Sean Price. Just sayin'...

Pacaveli25

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 10:20:41 AM »
PART II:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YpDGCIkAgNc" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YpDGCIkAgNc</a>

mrfranklin

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 11:32:50 PM »
Its cool to see that Pac and Suge showed these legends love, just wish pac was alive this album wouldve really been a monumental piece in hop hop

Pacaveli25

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 03:03:04 PM »
Yeah man but too bad that they don't have copies of all the tracks from that sessions. All them leaked unfinished songs sounds dope after all these years, it's a shame that 1Nation didn't came out in 96/97, but the idea was laudable