Author Topic: The Oral History of Bone Thugs-n-Harmony with Pac & JJ MACHETES DIPPED IN RUM  (Read 348 times)

CORREA

The Oral History of Bone Thugs-n-Harmony with Pac & JJ infos MACHETES DIPPED IN RUM

2Pac on one track: “Thug Luv”.

Despite the murder of Shakur in September 1996, “Thug Luv” appeared on The Art of War, as it was initially a collaboration between Bizzy, 2Pac and Los Angeles, California native Lamar “Sylk-E. Fyne” Johnson.

“It basically was on the album. And then I made the connection because I was friends with 2Pac and Bizzy and myself are like brother and sister. One day we were in the studio and he’s like, ‘Man, I really wanna work with 2Pac. I gotta do a song with 2Pac.’ I called a close friend of mine. She called 2Pac. And they said, ‘We’ll come up there, and we’ll lace you guys with a verse.’

And it was cool, ‘cause I was there, did my little verse. Bizzy did his verse, and then Pac comes in and in less than twenty minutes, he does his whole verse, and then he goes, ‘Okay, y’all, I’m on my way, gotta go to this Versace thing.’ And he left to go to MILAN not Paris (bP EDIT ITALY). It was the last time we worked with him or saw him. And then he died like a month after we recorded the record.” — Sylk-E. Fyne
“My nigga Bone held the chrome / ‘til I came home / Thug Luv players / tell these bitch niggas bring it on / I caught a plane out to Cleveland / late last evening / to help my niggas clean up some niggas / no longer breathing” — 2Pac

Bizzy described the recording order with Biggie and 2Pac:
“Well, 2Pac was on the record first. Then he passed. Then we did the record with Notorious B.I.G. Bone was always close to the middle. You come around us, you’re doing something great. And people want to do something great before they want beef.” — Bizzy
Chihuahua, Mexico-born hip-hop and R&B legend Johnny “J” Jackson — a close friend and certified multi-platinum producer for Tupac — produced three tracks: “Thugz Cry”, “Yes Yes Ya’ll” and “Nobody Can Stop Me”. Bizzy became the first artist Jackson worked with after the murder of Shakur. Later, Jackson spoke of interest in co-founding a record label with Jerry Heller as well as producing an entire Bizzy album.

After his arrest for a DWI in July 2008, Jackson was sentenced to three years in Twin Towers Correctional Facility in Los Angeles, California. In October 2008, Jackson allegedly committed suicide as he leapt to his death and subsequently left behind a wife and two children. Jackson was thirty-nine years old.
“All you have is a bunch of fucking copy cats reminiscing and going through a lot of shit that is out today. That’s called following, man. You’re just a follower — you’re not a leader, you’re not an innovator. I’m an innovator, you can’t fuck with me. And I know that. You can try to duplicate it, but you never will.” — Johnny “J”

mrfranklin

Those are some cool pics, I love all of the bone and pac and big  collabs they were all legendary!

Sccit

Did the version with sylk e fine ever leak?

CORREA

years ago

donfathaimmortal

"Thug Luv" (Original Version)
(Bizzy Bone featuring 2Pac, Sylk E Fine)
(produced by : DJ U-Neek)

https://goo.gl/x1q8fs

Bone-Thugs N Harmony (recently) released it in their "Lost Archives" Volume One but it leaked years ago.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !