Author Topic: N.W.A. to Release Straight Outta Compton Score, Soundtrack, Director's Cut  (Read 862 times)

DRGNBLZN

http://pitchfork.com/news/62175-nwa-to-release-straight-outta-compton-score-soundtrack-directors-cut/

A previously unreleased soundtrack, score, and director's cut of N.W.A. biopic Straight Outta Compton are coming out January 8, Fact reports. The 2-disc soundtrack features various tracks by N.W.A. and its solo offshoots, along with funk and soul tracks by Parliament-Funkadelic and others. The 17-track score features music composed and conducted by Joseph Trapanese. Find full tracklists for the soundtrack and score on Amazon.

From January, the movie and its new director's cut will be out across various formats.

Was hoping it would be released around the holidays for sales but can't wait nonetheless.

woof

Re: N.W.A. to Release Straight Outta Compton Score, Soundtrack, Director's Cut
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 01:41:42 PM »
 Track Listings
Disc: 1
  1. Straight Outta Compton - N.W.A (Side A)
  2. Flash Light - Parliament (Side A)
  3. We Want Eazy - Eazy-E (Side A)
  4. Gangsta Gangsta - N.W.A (Side A)
  5. (Not Just) Knee Deep - Funkadelic (Side B)
  6. The Boyz-N-The Hood - Eazy-E (Side B)
  7. Everybody Loves The Sunshine - Roy Ayers Ubiquity (Side B)
  8. Dopeman (Remix) - N.W.A (Side B)

Disc: 2
  1. F*** Tha Police - N.W.A (Side A)
  2. Express Yourself - N.W.A (Side A)
  3. Weak At The Knees - Steve Arrington's Hall Of Fame (Side A)
  4. Quiet On Tha Set - N.W.A (Side A)
  5. 8 Ball (Remix) - N.W.A (Side B)
  6. The N**** Ya Love To Hate - Ice Cube (Side B)
  7. Real N***** - N.W.A (Side B)
  8. No Vaseline - Ice Cube (Side B)
  9. Nuthin' But A 'G' Thang - Dr. Dre featuring Snoop Dogg (Side B)

nothing new, not even that Fuck the Police demo..

me1

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 02:10:00 PM »
let's hope there's a director's cut of the movie forthcoming, as well.

edit: disregard. just saw this, http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=321197.0

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 11:02:58 PM »
Track Listings
Disc: 1
  1. Straight Outta Compton - N.W.A (Side A)
  2. Flash Light - Parliament (Side A)
  3. We Want Eazy - Eazy-E (Side A)
  4. Gangsta Gangsta - N.W.A (Side A)
  5. (Not Just) Knee Deep - Funkadelic (Side B)
  6. The Boyz-N-The Hood - Eazy-E (Side B)
  7. Everybody Loves The Sunshine - Roy Ayers Ubiquity (Side B)
  8. Dopeman (Remix) - N.W.A (Side B)

Disc: 2
  1. F*** Tha Police - N.W.A (Side A)
  2. Express Yourself - N.W.A (Side A)
  3. Weak At The Knees - Steve Arrington's Hall Of Fame (Side A)
  4. Quiet On Tha Set - N.W.A (Side A)
  5. 8 Ball (Remix) - N.W.A (Side B)
  6. The N**** Ya Love To Hate - Ice Cube (Side B)
  7. Real N***** - N.W.A (Side B)
  8. No Vaseline - Ice Cube (Side B)
  9. Nuthin' But A 'G' Thang - Dr. Dre featuring Snoop Dogg (Side B)

nothing new, not even that Fuck the Police demo..

Wow, no "Real Niggaz" Cube must of had a big hand in this selection. Honestly I'm expecting most reviewers to recommend they "Greatest hits" and "Legacy" series. Because this doesn't cover the best of N.W.A (Seriously quiet on the set? everyone in the group derided that and "something to dance 2").

This also doesn't even touch the best of from the individual members themselves, Cube, Dre, and Eazy could all fill a greatest hits record themselves respectively. I'm guessing it's because of all the label bullshit, but it's to bad they didn't decided to just reissue "Greatest hits" as the soundtrack, and just release a new record, containing the individual hits all on 1 monster record. 

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 12:36:08 AM »
they shoulda just released the songs they played in the movie and added 2-3 new NWA tracks (cube, dre, ren, unreleased eazy vocals).....cant be that hard. shit would go gold with no promotion ala dre's album. i remember when the nwa reunion album was supposedly in the works and chin check, hello, + set it off was the talk of the town.

doggfather

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 12:58:31 AM »
so they are shakin their money maker.  ::)
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

me1

Bump.

So the director's cut looks like it's 20 minutes longer. Is there an extended version due that's longer than that?

Theatrical was 2:27 or so, the one on demand i see is 2:46 or so

Hack Wilson - real

Should have remastered the OG Dope man

DJSpin

No Vaseline, really?  I didn't see the movie , but why include that?

Sccit

See the movie n you'll know why

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 07:36:42 PM »
I hear there is a contest for a bunch of SOC movie shit. http://diymag.com/2016/01/05/win-a-straight-outta-compton-merchandise-bundle Found it I wonder if it's going to say SOC on the back of that jacket reminds me of my raiders starter.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 10:24:33 PM »
watch the movie

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 10:39:58 AM »
Bump.

So the director's cut looks like it's 20 minutes longer. Is there an extended version due that's longer than that?

The original 3 and a Half hour is the Ruff cut, it's the first form of Film they put together with all the footage they filmed, a lot of times there is stuff that didn't even make it into this version, then they slowly edit it down to either a Directors Cut or just straight up to the Producers cut (the one they'll release to the theater, the cuts in this version Are usually Studio approved).  So like Once Upon a Time in Americas original cut was 6 hours, shortened to  4 shortened to what we got now. So Straight Outta Compton's original cut was eventually cut down to the Directors version, and then the Studio cut that version down to what we saw at the movies.

The issue with the original longer cuts is a lot of times they're not cohesive or they drag on, and turn the film into something crappy.Choosing what goes in and what gets cut goes along way, the most recent example I can think of is some bastard recut the 3 Star Wars prequels  and ended up making the films significantly better. Every Saw movie has had to be cut for content, and the best example how editing can change the film is look at Alien 3.

So I'm assuming the Directors cut is going to be the Final version we'll ever get to see, unless they end up releasing a Extended cut which I doubt, because 1 this isn't Lord of the Ring status, and the original ruff cut most likely doesn't mush as well.

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2016, 10:58:44 AM »
Bump.

The original 3 and a Half hour is the Ruff cut, it's the first form of Film they put together with all the footage they filmed, a lot of times there is stuff that didn't even make it into this version, then they slowly edit it down to either a Directors Cut or just straight up to the Producers cut (the one they'll release to the theater, the cuts in this version Are usually Studio approved).  So like Once Upon a Time in Americas original cut was 6 hours, shortened to  4 shortened to what we got now. So Straight Outta Compton's original cut was eventually cut down to the Directors version, and then the Studio cut that version down to what we saw at the movies.

The issue with the original longer cuts is a lot of times they're not cohesive or they drag on, and turn the film into something crappy.Choosing what goes in and what gets cut goes along way, the most recent example I can think of is some bastard recut the 3 Star Wars prequels  and ended up making the films significantly better. Every Saw movie has had to be cut for content, and the best example how editing can change the film is look at Alien 3.

So I'm assuming the Directors cut is going to be the Final version we'll ever get to see, unless they end up releasing a Extended cut which I doubt, because 1 this isn't Lord of the Ring status, and the original ruff cut most likely doesn't mush as well.

u mean they cut the 3 star wars prequels into 1 film or 3 separate films?

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2016, 11:05:30 AM »
Bump.

u mean they cut the 3 star wars prequels into 1 film or 3 separate films?

They cut All 3 films separately, and from what I've heard/read the cuts actually made the films good.