Author Topic: Dogg Pound Respect Radio Edit Request  (Read 443 times)

chuwy

• Lil Geezy
Dogg Pound Respect Radio Edit Request
« on: January 13, 2016, 05:01:37 PM »
Hello all, 

I have been a long time lurker and follower of the forum but never really posted much. However I was hoping you guys might be able to track down any rips or copies of the Dogg Pounds Respect Radio Edit/Clean version. I recall the lyrics where a bit different on this one. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Chuwy

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
Re: Dogg Pound Respect Radio Edit Request
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 10:46:12 AM »
Tha Dogg Pound feat. Dr. Dre, Nanci Fletcher & Prince Ital Joe - Respect (Clean Version).mp3
http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/TCZjXRpF/file.html

chuwy

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 07:16:14 AM »
Thank you so much!  Big props for that!!

chuwy

dnjp4life

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 03:53:53 AM »
Cool, I've never heard this version before.  Thanks for the link.

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 08:07:12 AM »
Ya´ll should listen to the instrumental too. It´s hella banging in yo car stereo!  8)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 08:42:57 AM »
...If not for Pac's album this may have been pushed more as a 3rd single.  Would've been nice if they'd have filmed more than two videos for the album.  After all it was double platinum.

Dre's fingerprints are on this one.  It's a shame Daz accused Dre of stealing.  Cause Dre mixed this album and made Daz look like a genius producer.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 08:53:16 AM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Fresh Bone

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 09:57:18 AM »
I'm 99.9% sure that there is a video for 'Respect' in the vaults. I posted a DP-TV Raps from 1995 here a couple of years ago where Tha Dogg Pound present a Yo! MTV Raps and Daz introduces the video for it and says that Dr. Dre directed it, but it then cuts to an Onyx video.

I'm sure no one knew of the video for 'Puffin on Blunts and Drankin Tanqueray' before it dropped a few years ago so I would not be surprised about a lot more unreleased videos.

EDIT: It was actually Kurupt talking about Dr. Dre directing it, he mentions it twice.

Also, the 'Respect' video was filmed before the 'New York, New York' video because Kurupt says they are about to film that video so I would believe that it was filmed in Summer of 1995.

Also II, they talk about 'Got My Mind Made Up' with Redman, Method Man, Inspectah Deck and they say they threw Dr. Dre on it in a past tense, so I'm sure there are Dr. Dre vocals for 'Got My Mind Made Up' in 2PAC's place (2nd verse).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 10:14:49 AM by Montana Mob »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 02:59:23 PM »
I'm 99.9% sure that there is a video for 'Respect' in the vaults. I posted a DP-TV Raps from 1995 here a couple of years ago where Tha Dogg Pound present a Yo! MTV Raps and Daz introduces the video for it and says that Dr. Dre directed it, but it then cuts to an Onyx video.

I'm sure no one knew of the video for 'Puffin on Blunts and Drankin Tanqueray' before it dropped a few years ago so I would not be surprised about a lot more unreleased videos.

EDIT: It was actually Kurupt talking about Dr. Dre directing it, he mentions it twice.

Also, the 'Respect' video was filmed before the 'New York, New York' video because Kurupt says they are about to film that video so I would believe that it was filmed in Summer of 1995.

Also II, they talk about 'Got My Mind Made Up' with Redman, Method Man, Inspectah Deck and they say they threw Dr. Dre on it in a past tense, so I'm sure there are Dr. Dre vocals for 'Got My Mind Made Up' in 2PAC's place (2nd verse).

interesting... but a "Respect" video out there floating around?  I doubt it.  And Dre spittin on Mind Made Up?  I doubt that too.  But still good info

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 12:04:27 PM »

I doubt that, I'm pretty sure Pac replaced Rage's verse on that song

btw, there is definitly a video shot for the DPG version of Can't C Me

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 12:59:14 PM »

btw, there is definitly a video shot for the DPG version of Can't C Me

I doubt that too

...speaking of which, they wasted a hell of a lot of money filming and recording so much stuff that never came out