Author Topic: If Jerry Heller made 20% off Eazy's NET and not Eazy's PROFITS then he was PAID  (Read 325 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Not sure about this, but I think the deal was 20% off of Eazy's NET, not Eazy's PROFITS!!

I don't know how many artists had deals like this with managers and labels, but such a deal could really fuck them up.  I mean, imagine whatever Eazy was spending on overhead signing all those dozens of artists that never did anything, and promotion, and production costs, there was probably a ton of waste at Ruthless along with everything else.  If Eazy was footing the bill for all that and Jerry was just collecting on profits then you know Jerry was probably making MORE than Eazy E.

Ya'll know anything about these kind of deals where a label or manager is takin in only PROFITS?  Imagine... Ruthless didn't spend that much on promotion, so at least Jerry was modest.  But he could've encouraged Eazy to spend a fortune on publicity and promotion knowing that it was on Eazy's dime, and that it would only increase his (Jerry's) take home pay in profits.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 06:09:04 PM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TidyKris

that 20% from profits is a pretty industry standard thing and in a lot of cases people like Heller do end up making more
money off an artist then the artist does

abusive

^I was going say that I think this is the norm. Ten to fifteen percent for management. Plus Jerry wasn't just a manager he had other duties at Ruthless.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. No one has ever proven that Jerry was ripping off Eazy or Ruthless. All we have is Ice Cube's word (which aint worth a damn especially after the Straight Outta Compton movie) and some talk of the Nation Of Islam showing Eazy some paperwork which allegedly had something to do with Heller ripping Eazy off or something. As a researcher, I like to deal with provable facts. Even if this is truth without the proof it's just hearsay to me.

No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

^I was going say that I think this is the norm. Ten to fifteen percent for management. Plus Jerry wasn't just a manager he had other duties at Ruthless.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. No one has ever proven that Jerry was ripping off Eazy or Ruthless. All we have is Ice Cube's word (which aint worth a damn especially after the Straight Outta Compton movie) and some talk of the Nation Of Islam showing Eazy some paperwork which allegedly had something to do with Heller ripping Eazy off or something. As a researcher, I like to deal with provable facts. Even if this is truth without the proof it's just hearsay to me.

I personally believe that everyone wanted to steal from eazy, dre & cube especially they knew they couldn't so the best they could do is turn the white man against eazy...im not saying heller didnt keep a few extra dollars for himself which he did but cube wanted to be eazy & dre wanted to be eazy basically so they had a plan....cube ripped his lench mob artist off, dre didnt pay doc & rbx basically so its russian roulette in that muthafucka....funny how it was cube & dre who had total control of the nwa movie huh...not that i didnt like that movie but it coulda been a lot better   

abusive

Cube never took care of Chris Tucker for Friday which is why he never did one past the first. Chris did the first one for peanuts but when it blew up Cube didn't want to do the right thing and compensate him for it. IMO Chris made Friday.

Plus I keep hearing that Dj Pooh had a greater role in the film than what the public knows but wasn't credited for it. He's in no position to talk about Jerry.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Eazy blew a lot of money signing acts that never amounted to anything.  The Ruthless Roster was extensive, but for all those signings wasn't it only NWA, DOC, Michelle, Above the Law, and Bone that actually turned any profits?

...but for Jerry's part, he probably didn't have to concern himself with whether or not Eazy was wasting money on signing too many acts.  Because he would never be liable for those sunken costs.

...I mean this making money off of PROFITS thing is a no-lose situation.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

abusive

Eazy blew a lot of money signing acts that never amounted to anything.  The Ruthless Roster was extensive, but for all those signings wasn't it only NWA, DOC, Michelle, Above the Law, and Bone that actually turned any profits?

...but for Jerry's part, he probably didn't have to concern himself with whether or not Eazy was wasting money on signing too many acts.  Because he would never be liable for those sunken costs.

...I mean this making money off of PROFITS thing is a no-lose situation.

Mc Ren, Penthouse Player's Clique, JJ Fad all did gold or better in addition to the names you mentioned.

Actually, in a roughly seven year span Ruthless did pretty well in album sales. The new narrative people are pushing to make the bs shown in Straight Outta Compton true is that E had lots of acts that failed and that's why he was broke. Sure he had acts but I don't think lots of money were pured into any one group that caused them to lose much if anything. Even Penthouse Players who eventually went gold only had like one video and very little promo. All of the other minors acts probably got the same treatment and when they didn't take off they were just shelved. That's pretty standard music industry practice especially back then. (You only got like two singles and even if you did pop off that was the only look you were getting. That's what I liked about Death Row and Pac. Pac had mad videos coming out, they just kept working the album. Most labels did two videos and that was it.) Plus, It's always the top acts that are keeping the machine going where there are lots of smaller acts who don't pop off. You can look at Young money and say they have Wayne, Nikki and Drake. Yet there is Jea Millz, Gudda Gudda, Cory Gunz, Shanelle, Mack Maine, Euro etc. who are just there that don't take off. I haven't heard any talk of YMCMB going broke, have you?

Eazy's son just said Eazy was worth fifty million when he died. Eazy simply wasn't broke. If jerry was stealing money from Ruthless then someone needs to put up some paperwork. The same criteria we have for making accusations of snitching applies here. If not then we need to just call that narrative a "gangsta fairytale' and keep it moving.