Author Topic: "untitled. unmastered" Project From Kendrick Lamar The "Surprise" ?????????  (Read 1714 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Not that into the project. Track 2 is on another level to the rest tho. Really dope. It actually makes me want to go back to TPAB, which I thought I was done with.

Waiting for Matty's breakdown of the production.

I kind of agree.  Track 6, the one with Cee Lo is the stand out track for me, clearly a leftover from TPAB, sounds like the similar horns from How Much A Dollar Cost.  I like Blue Faces, but I preferred the live version better.  Track 2 is decent.  The others I wasn't real impressed with honestly.  The track with him whispering, I think track 4, is a throwaway track.  One of the tracks he only has a short verse at the end...then track 7 is so disjointed I can't get into it.

Glad this was released to cherry pick a few good ones off of it and add them to TPAB, but a few tracks on here were garbage.   I do not care for his high pitched rapping voice.  Live version of blue faces is so much better because he raps it in his 'normal' voice.  Same reason I prefer the album version of "I" over the pre-release version.  He got a little too experimental for my taste on a few of these.  Sort of like what happens with DJ Quik sometimes. 

CORREA

good project overall even for leftovers but i think its time for Kendrick to turn it up move on to some modern shit for a while show everyone and them trap clones why hes the best of this era then go back to his funk

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

k1000

instrumental on untitled 01 reminds me a bit of the instrumental of Murder Dem Murderers by Kam ()

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
Number 3. Is my favourite at the moment (on repeat)
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
No.2, 3, 6 & 7 are my tracks at the moment.
Track 7, just for the shots at  Jay Eletronica

Like someone said above, I prefer the live version of No.8 (Blue Faces).

Saying that, he went in hard on No.1 but not feeling the start of the track.

As unreleased tracks, pretty good effort in my opinion, can't wait for his next project .
He's the only artist that excite me in the game at the moment .
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

Blood$

the fact that Kendrick's leftover scraps are better than most dudes' projects out right now speaks volumes

midwestryder

good project overall even for leftovers but i think its time for Kendrick to turn it up move on to some modern shit for a while show everyone and them trap clones why hes the best of this era then go back to his funk
Kendrick is on modern shit with his sound . it is people who stuck in sound of 2000's who are ones who are stuck in the past . he don't have to change his sound to prove anything . .  he needs to stay true to himself and just do what he does .

CORREA

Kendrick is on modern shit with his sound . it is people who stuck in sound of 2000's who are ones who are stuck in the past . he don't have to change his sound to prove anything . .  he needs to stay true to himself and just do what he does .

the fuck u talking bout