Author Topic: Nintendo returns to the Arcade!!!!  (Read 103 times)

Trauma-san

Nintendo returns to the Arcade!!!!
« on: April 26, 2003, 12:46:42 AM »
Damn.  Nintendo just announced that they're gonna make F-Zero GC, in tandem with Sega, an Arcade game.  

Most of yall don't know, but I work for an arcade vendor.  I've got a route full of games, and really... there aren't that many games made anymore.  Ever since midway retired from arcades, games have really dwindled down, there's nothing exciting and new.  THIS is exciting and new!

Just think about it, Sega, and Nintendo, the two rivals, teaming up to make F Zero arcade.  Plus, it's gonna be released in tandem with the game cube version, PLUS, you can build custom cars on the game cube, put them on a memory card, and then plug the memory card into the arcade game and play with your own car at the mall or wherever.  

Check out these screen shots, Nintendo smashes out another huge title.  

come on guys.  That's an actual in-game shot.  They've been working on this game for like 2 years now to get it to look this great.  Remember, F-zero is like the fastest racing game, ever... everything zips by, it's awesome.

Unfadeable

Immortal

Re:Nintendo returns to the Arcade!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2003, 01:01:44 AM »
sweet graphics man, though ive seen much better ones....tha game is dope

thanks for the info
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2003, 07:50:37 AM »
This looks hella dope, Sega the only ones really giving a damn about the arcades these days.

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2003, 10:15:46 AM »
 :o damn....im getting a game cube...fuck my ps2

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2003, 12:17:48 PM »
Yeah, Sega is making great arcade games these days.  It's basically down to Sega, Atari, and Sammy (which makes golden tee and trophy hunter).  Pinballs are even worse, the only company that even makes pinballs anymore is Stern.  That's not too bad, though, because Stern makes kick ass pinballs, We just got the new Simpsons pinball yesterday, that thing is awesome.  

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2003, 02:10:01 PM »
Those screens look awsome!!  :o

Woodrow

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2003, 11:47:25 AM »
You should see it in motion!

When I pre-ordered the new Zelda, I got a sampler disc with some demos and videos on it. They had a nice video of it in action and it looks fucking nice! The car models are kinda low-poly, but when there are like 50 cars on the screen, you forget about that REAL fast.