Author Topic: Swoop G & Snoop/DPG beef question  (Read 1255 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Swoop G & Snoop/DPG beef question
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2016, 12:25:05 AM »
Nope. He dissed snoop back in early 97, when snoop was still on death row.
He got x'd out the crew for beefing with half dead. He thought he could punk half dead and take his place in the pound, but his move backfired on him, and got himself kicked out, as thats snoop's cousin, and theyve been close friends with snoop for aslong as warren and nate, who he all grew up together with

Weren't they dissing Half Dead of "Who Got Some Gangsta Shit"?

Lil 1/2 Dead has always been an enigmatic character. Like he's always been around and been mentioned but he's rarely on any tracks with those guys. I used to have 1 of his albums, dope as fuck, I just didn't understand why Snoop didn't put him on anything till "Wrong Idea"
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2016, 02:08:28 AM »
in half dead's own words in a past interview he said that when he signed to priority in 1993, suge knight had the exclusives on snoop, nate, daz and kurupt. He wasn't letting them feature on artists albums who were signed to other labels.

warren g had the same issue when he signed to def jam. he only could get nate on his 1st 2 albums. he wasn't able to get snoop on either album. He had a song which he done with daz, kurupt, bad azz and malik a.k.a. Hershey loc called "what we go through" , but suge wouldn't give clearance for the track to be used on his album, so he had to take off daz and kurupt, and replace them with an unknown rapper called perfec.

so half dead was excluded from working with them because of suge, so after that he was forgotten about, but later came back in 2000 on snoop's last meal album, then 2001 on kurupt's space boogey, and various unreleased snoop tracks from 2000-2001 period.

b.laden

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2016, 02:37:27 AM »
Watch the show dvd swoop is with snoop the whole time. He's got a yellow cap on if I remember.
U ca hear daz say what up swoop at one point.
I think the beef happened round 96. Swoop n snoop had a fight at a video shoot for the twins.
Swoop was meant to be on 19th Street records. Got deleted off the tracks he recorded. This was round the same time lil style had a fall out with snoop over the lbc crew album.
(Snoop said sale destroyed the dat but we all know that's bollocks.  Style didn't want to get jerked on the money..

As far as I know the beefs over. Snoop shouted out swoop on 1 of the songs on a mixtape just before blue carpet treatment.
What's the name of the DVD ? i m interestin

bouli77

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2016, 03:39:05 AM »
in half dead's own words in a past interview he said that when he signed to priority in 1993, suge knight had the exclusives on snoop, nate, daz and kurupt. He wasn't letting them feature on artists albums who were signed to other labels.

warren g had the same issue when he signed to def jam. he only could get nate on his 1st 2 albums. he wasn't able to get snoop on either album. He had a song which he done with daz, kurupt, bad azz and malik a.k.a. Hershey loc called "what we go through" , but suge wouldn't give clearance for the track to be used on his album, so he had to take off daz and kurupt, and replace them with an unknown rapper called perfec.

so half dead was excluded from working with them because of suge, so after that he was forgotten about, but later came back in 2000 on snoop's last meal album, then 2001 on kurupt's space boogey, and various unreleased snoop tracks from 2000-2001 period.

exactly and he had retired from rapping, he was just doing hook from like 96 to 2002 when he dropped a verse (a death row diss by the way) on a song (can't remember which) on Welcome 2 Tha Church Vol. 1 (the mixtape)

The original version of Steel On a Mission had Snoop on it, if you listen to the song you can clearly identify the parts which were originally done by Snoop. Just like on 19th Street Compilation, Stay Out of LA featured Snoop on the hook and they had to modify his voice.

Sure didn't let Snoop do whatever he wanted with other artists / labels. That's why one of the first thing Snoop did when Suge went to jail was to do a song with JD on the Men in Black soundtrack.

Okka

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2016, 07:11:17 AM »
Nope. He dissed snoop back in early 97, when snoop was still on death row.
He got x'd out the crew for beefing with half dead. He thought he could punk half dead and take his place in the pound, but his move backfired on him, and got himself kicked out, as thats snoop's cousin, and theyve been close friends with snoop for aslong as warren and nate, who he all grew up together with

Not true. Half Dead is Nate Dogg's cousin, he's not related to Snoop. They've been friends since kids though. Swoop supposedly put hands on Snoop for some reason at a Twinz videoshoot. I think their beef is over some hood shit like kolaboy said. Lil HD got punked by Swoop supposedly and that's why Lil Style and them dissed him on "Who Got Some Gangsta Shit".

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2016, 09:02:46 AM »
The dvd is called 'the show'
Got the whole pound including snoop n nate rapping along to the lil hd diss

b.laden

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2016, 05:22:25 AM »
The dvd is called 'the show'
Got the whole pound including snoop n nate rapping along to the lil hd diss
thks

D-TalkX

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2016, 11:49:14 AM »

21:27 sequence starts

b.laden

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2016, 04:43:38 AM »
interesting  video thanks

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2016, 10:34:53 PM »
In all honesty I think snoop choose bad azz over swoop.

abusive

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2016, 02:31:35 PM »
Seems like Snoop done had beef with more people than the average.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Blood$

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2016, 05:54:44 PM »
Seems like Snoop done had beef with more people than the average.

it happens when you're the top dog, see what I did there?