Author Topic: DJ Quik slams YG and Stampede Mngmt. over "My Hitta"  (Read 1278 times)

jmix

Re: DJ Quik slams YG and Stampede Mngmt. over "My Hitta"
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 07:29:38 PM »
i got nothing but love for quik. fuck what anyone says. He should get his credit/due/$$/plaque or wtf else he asks for b/c if u hear quik saying he did engineering... you know he touched the WHOLE TRACK and is being modest.
HES underrated and YG should have paid him by now. shit
You KNOW YG was quick to have him in THERE.
But slow to pay?
Thats BS
ill always remember Quik's name.
YG?
I dunno.

Blood$

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 08:30:21 PM »
Damn quik engineered that? Makes sense, the first album was sonically superior .. Still brazy better tho.

not sure how many other tracks he did for that album but I agree

but I bet Def Jam are the ones who dropped the ball in screwing Quik out of royalties, they need to get their shit together... Jeezy might even have to intervene since they've done work together too and have a mutual respect

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 09:27:02 PM »
Damn quik engineered that? Makes sense, the first album was sonically superior .. Still brazy better tho.

not sure how many other tracks he did for that album but I agree

but I bet Def Jam are the ones who dropped the ball in screwing Quik out of royalties, they need to get their shit together... Jeezy might even have to intervene since they've done work together too and have a mutual respect

Terrace Martin also engineered a lot of my krazy life .. That's prolly how quik got in

bigpimpin20

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2016, 11:25:07 AM »
daz had some issues with credits on dj mustard song not too long ago, somebody in yg/mustard camp aint doin his work right

Okka

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 12:47:12 PM »
daz had some issues with credits on dj mustard song not too long ago, somebody in yg/mustard camp aint doin his work right

DJ Mustard sampled "Who Got Some Gangsta Shit" and it wasn't credited.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 02:27:33 PM »
I love Quik but if you're STILL getting ripped off after 25 years...your fault. Learn the business Quik.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"