Author Topic: Dysfunktional Family Is "2003 Above The Rim"  (Read 286 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dysfunktional Family Is "2003 Above The Rim"
« on: April 26, 2003, 09:42:45 AM »
At least according to Death Row inmate, Eastwood. Following the release of the "DysFunktional Family Soundtrack" this week, the soundtrack to comedian Eddie Griffin's film DysFunktional Family, Eastwood told The Source : "You can expect one of the best soundtracks in years...its bangers. It's gonna be a 2003 Above The Rim if not better...'Still Tha Row' is letting the world know ain't nothing stopped just cause the Feds messing with Suge. We still doing our thing which is serving up heat."

The new release, which features tracks from all Death Row inmates as well as songs from Ja Rule & Jay-Z, showcases Tha Row's inhouse production team including, Sir Jinx, Jim Gettum, and Darren Vegas. Crooked I, who has the first single "Still Tha Row," added : "We got so much on the album. I'm an MC at heart and when they turn the lights and cameras off, I'm all about spitting. We're hitting them hard and showcasing the future of the West Coast."

www.dubcnn.com

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Dysfunktional Family Is "2003 Above The Rim"
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2003, 09:43:43 AM »
its a tight album no doubt...though i wouldnt go that far....i wish they would've threw in a new pac track...then we could be saying that

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2003, 09:49:28 AM »
"We would like to start things off by thanking DEAD ROW for the publicity. Daz and Snoop both know y'all can't sell a record without attaching them to it. Second, We would like to apologize to those that PURCHASED or DOWNLOADED the recent DEAD ROW soundtrack. Please, if your ears are bleeding contact DEAD ROW. They will be more than happy to finish the job off by playing you their version of the CROOK album produced entirely by their LEAD PRODUCER SHARON VEGAS. By Tha Way, DPG Recordz is dropping the CROOKED I album. Matter fact, we're gonna post a snippet of what we got. Y'all can compare it to their shit. Think, Nate Dogg n Crooked or Virgin Who? and Crooked I"

Damn this on dpg website...

...wouldnt call the soundtrack that bad...

wouldnt rate it alongside above the rim tho...that was an all timer!
 :)
pZ

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2003, 10:23:02 AM »
its a tight album no doubt...though i wouldnt go that far....i wish they would've threw in a new pac track...then we could be saying that

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2003, 11:32:06 AM »
Above The Rim OST = This board's most overrated soundtrack.

All the tracks by the Death Row artists ("'Dogg Pound 4 Life", "Big Pimpin'", "Afro Puffs", ect) are amazing but this OST is full with other bullshit.  Who listens to "Anything", "Old Time's Sake", "I'm Still In Love With You"...?  I skip atleast half the songs on here.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2003, 12:31:51 PM »
I guess it's like above the rim , they're both soundtracks... and they both came out on deathrow.  It's almost identical to above the rim, except IT SUCKS.  

Jome

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2003, 10:20:11 PM »
Eastwood told The Source : "You can expect one of the best soundtracks in years...its bangers. It's gonna be a 2003 Above The Rim if not better...'Still Tha Row' is letting the world know ain't nothing stopped just cause the Feds messing with Suge. We still doing our thing which is serving up heat."

Talk about overhyping a album..
People is gonna demand the money back after hearing it the first time.
It's not trash, it got at least 3-4 bangers, but this is the biggest exaggeration since Snoop said PTCTBTB will be classic.

eNgIeS

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2003, 11:16:39 PM »

All the tracks by the Death Row artists ("'Dogg Pound 4 Life", "Big Pimpin'", "Afro Puffs", ect) are amazing but this OST is full with other bullshit.  Who listens to "Anything", "Old Time's Sake", "I'm Still In Love With You"...?  I skip atleast half the songs on here.  

Exactly right been thinking that for ages

Murder Was The Case was the classic, even if a few are skippable (the RNB ones IMO)

As far as the new Row soundtrack, its decent, some of the songs are pretty good, but most is either average or horrible. Shame to see talents like Crooked I, Eastwood & Kurupt get wasted like this

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2003, 09:52:51 AM »
both soundtracks are very good

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2003, 02:02:01 PM »

I agree with you, I skip a lotta songs on there, but I DO like "Old Time's Sake"...

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2003, 06:33:12 PM »
murder was the case track is the greatest ever...every track is a 4.5 or better and the r&b ones are amazing

platinumk777

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2003, 09:25:53 PM »

I agree with you, I skip a lotta songs on there, but I DO like "Old Time's Sake"...

yea, I like Old Time's Sake too, but I totally agree with C2Knuckles yall
« Last Edit: April 27, 2003, 09:26:49 PM by MK9 AKA PlatinuMK777 »

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2003, 02:15:17 AM »
the new sdtk is boring....