Author Topic: Facing Suge Knight - airs tonight on National Geographic  (Read 1336 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Facing Suge Knight - airs tonight on National Geographic
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2016, 04:41:39 AM »
Btw, lol at Greg Kading getting off and feeling "superior" for following around another man.  Not really something to be proud of but I guess he has to have something to look forward to going to work
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2016, 04:42:34 AM »
It was a good episode, not a lot of info i didn't already know though. It's a goddamn shame what happened to Death Row Records, for real.

Yes it only ruined my childhood
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2016, 08:35:50 AM »
Lol... spot on.  I mean if Suge gave Danny Boy that kind of an advance upon meeting him, and outside of a couple memorable moments on All Eyez On Me he didn't make much impact... dude probably has it backwards.  Seems Suge gave more to Danny Boy than Danny Boy gave Death Row.  I mean dude got to ball out for like 3 years straight and then somehow expected the checks to never end.

Although I did like the Danny Boy parts like him detailing how broken Suge truly was after Pac's death that really took me back to just how tragic that loss was.  It's possible Suge never got over that.
Danny Boy was crying like he got molested or something.  Obviously it sucks to go through drastic changes in lifestyles, especially going from having no money to having money and then back to having no money, but to me it really seemed like someone upset at not getting free money anymore.

Yes, he has a gifted voice and did some memorable hooks, but he was hardly the driving force of any measurable success at Death Row.  No one was knocking on Danny Boy's door to get him to sing a hook for them, unlike Nate Dogg.

It was a good episode, not a lot of info i didn't already know though. It's a goddamn shame what happened to Death Row Records, for real.
True, but I don't mind hearing more behind-the-scenes stories, even if it's not necessarily "info."

The funny thing is, people always say the downfall of Death Row was how things got out of control toward the end... but the reality was that they were really doing gangsta shit pretty much the whole time.  It just didn't really hit the public until later in 1995-1996, and by then the stories get blown out of proportion.  Combine that being public information with Pac getting killed, then people act like that was the moment when Death Row was doing too much.