Author Topic: The Metallica Apreciation Thread!  (Read 116 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
The Metallica Apreciation Thread!
« on: April 22, 2003, 11:46:43 PM »
Anyone who knows me knows i'm a HUGE ass metallica fan

anyway all those MTV icon comercials got me excited for that ceremony they're going to give 'em

so post your thoughts, experiences, and enjoyment of them here

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Suga Foot

Re:The Metallica Apreciation Thread!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 12:04:35 AM »

Yeah, I apprecaite the Blood and Cum they used on their album cover.  Cute.

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2003, 11:15:47 AM »
Dont really know much metallica but must admit i really like "enter sandman"

some dark track that and not as heavy as some ive heard..

...in fact the album with that one it was quite good as i remember ;)

pZ

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2003, 12:15:07 PM »
^ yeah the 'black' album... good album, only metallica album i've got :)

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2003, 12:19:01 PM »
^ yeah the 'black' album... good album, only metallica album i've got :)

haha how weird is that ?

;)

pz

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2003, 12:24:53 PM »
Metallica's alright.  They're about the only 80's rock band I have any respect for at all.  I've been to a metallica concert, also.  They have a few songs I like, but most of their stuff is a tad heavy for me.  My favorite song of theirs is "Sad But True".  I like enter sandman, the unforgiven, etc.  

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2003, 12:55:34 AM »
when i first got into them it was pretty much a fluke, i was making fun of enter sandman at lunch at some kareoke day they had at school and everyone was laughing. well i had to admit that after i did that thing i was liking the song so i asked my uncle (whose like this huge ass metal fan) if i could borrow the black album. Anyways i listened to enter sandman 320894723048203480324809234082384 times , well afterthat many times i got sick of it and decided to listen to the rest of the album. I HATED it.....man i was sooo not into hard rock and didn't get this "white boy" music , so i gave it back to my uncle. then about a month or so later i was humming "nothing else matters" so i borrowed it again  and did the same. then every time i gave the cd back a new song would pop into my head that i HAAAAAD to hear (this is before napster was invented BTW) so finally i said fuck it call me an uncle tom i'm going to buy me a rock record, so i bought it and i bumped it like it was doggystyle. Then i heard from various sources that the black album wasn't even their best album, so i was like well fuck if they did better i want to hear, so i bought ...and justice for all. I hated it at first too but after a while i liked it PLUS i found my all time fav song offtheretoo ,  "one". Then i boght "master of puppets" at first i thought it was OK but then it grew on me like the others and it was my fav one. then i bought "ride the lightning" and that instantly became my favorite record. then i bought load, thought half of it was classic and the other half OK (mind you this is there 'worst' cd) then reload, which i thought was great, not classic like the others but great. then i bought kill em all.....it was aiiight it was their first cd i can't hate sounded cheap but hey they made that cd when they were 17!.......i don't know for me they're also really entertaining....i'd compare them personality wise with Snoop , they're the type of people you enjoy watching becuase of their humor and realness.

anyways i've rambled too much, oh yeah snoop is going to be atthat special too, so i think  it'd be interesting to see what his connection is to them or what he does (i think he's performing)

oh yeah the new bassist for them is mexican! hee hee

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09